Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Anyone still getting out of memory errors with the 744?...

Just a wee update on this situation. Ran the update but still got an OOM error. Note that this was in the 763, however I am posting here as the problem crosses products, I've cross-posted at LDS and at the UT Simforums.Details:I had UTUSA patched up to 1.21, put the HL*.bgl files back into the appropriate directory, set all options to 'on' in the UTUSA configuration manager then exited and ran the patch. Note that I didn't run FS after making config changes, was that required?I then set my UTUSA settings back to how I like it (basically everything on except the tunnel roads and tunnel lights).I rebooted my PC, shut down all essential services and loaded FS. The UTUSA changes loaded up successfully.I replicated a night-time flight I had done a week earlier in the LDS 767-300. KIAD to KLGAKIAD RW30 on a PRYME2 SID Joining the KORRY3 STAR at waypoint DAVYS, thence an ILS approach to KLGA RW13.Both before and after applying the patch I had an OOM error at roughly the same spot in the descent, I was at about 12,000 feet in both cases and had just gone into HDG SEL mode to track to the initial fix for the ILS Approach.My mem usage was showing in task manager as 1.4GB (I have 2GB of RAM) and my page file usage was about 1.7-2.2 GB. Upon closing down FS my page file usage went down to 500MB and the memory freed up.SO in short I'm still seeing some symptoms of the problem. FPS were fine and only a slight delay in texture loading early on in the flight.What I plan to do is run the exact same flight with the PMDG 744 tonight and see if that makes it through. I will report back then.If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should try I'm happy to oblige.Cheers all.Mark

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest hamish77

Hi Have been suffering with OOM errors with the PMDG 747 for a while now.... Have just done a complete re install of XP then MSF2004 and installed the Queen along with AS6 and Fly Tampa KSEA +KSFO. Did a flight between the two in the 747 all good no problems... installed my Ultimate Terrain USA + Canada and then applied the new patch which came out yesterday did the exact same flight and watched the memory usage... left KSEA and the page file hovered around 1.4GB and I have 2GB of 800mhz Corsair RAM which was down to around 300 MB the flight was fine until 14 miles outside KSFO on a descent to runway 28L and as soon as the ILS info was displayed on the PFD boom the OOM appeared....... Do you think by adding another 2 GB of ram taking the total to 4GB would sort out this problem or are we still going to have the same trouble... I am contemplating removing ultimate terrain as I can never complete a flight in the 747 and this OOM always occurs during the final stage.... weird!!Lets hope we can find a cure...

No sir. Stock airports in the NYC area, in fact the only non-standard airport I have is KBOS V2.0

Mark Adeane - NZWN

That's different than the OOM errors others (myself included) have experienced, methinks, in that you actually are running out of memory, whereas the UT issue seemed to trigger an OOM, even with the system showing plenty of memory available.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Interesting result - doing exactly the same flight only in the 744 and it didn't throw an OOM error!I will try a few things out over the next couple of flights to confirm my suspicion but it looks like the 744 is a bit more conservative with its memory needs than the 763. If anything relevant comes up I will advise.Unrelated note: Ryan, did you ever PM me about the type rating course? I was going to make an offer of assistance, if it were needed.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Guest Boaz

@ Psolk...I am very interested by your findings. You mention a 3GB switch?! What is that? :)So I have about 2GB of RAM, could I be experiencing virtual memory problems as well? Would you recommend me getting a double up?Very very interesting. Also about my sped up flighsim exiting on me, could this be somehow connected? With FS overloading because of the extensive loading required for 4X speed flying?Any advice is greately appreciated.Boaz.

He just means that he went from 2GB of RAM to 3GB... I'm probably moving to 4 myself when Vista comes out next month.By the way, did you guys notice that Allen said UT Canada and Europe are also both affected by the same issue? I'd try removing the HL files for those too until he gets a patch out. It's probably possible that FS could be looking at those files even if you aren't near those places and as a result you could still be getting the errors at some point during your flight, triggering the start of the OOM situation.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Is anyone besides Paul Solk and Randy Swofford still seeing Out of Memory error messages using our 747 or other high end aircraft in FS9?There appears to be an issue with Ultimate Terrain that, when bypassed, fixes the OOM errors. To my knowledge no one's seen this error without UT installed - if you have in fact seen it without it, please tell me.Here's what you need to try:In the Flight Simulator 9/Scenery/UTUSA/scenery folder, copy all the bgl files beginning with the letters HL (HL*.bgl is the descriptive wildcard) to a backup folder (on your desktop for instance) and then delete them.Test out the sim in the types of situations where you'd previously seen the OOM error and report back.There's an issue with these bgl files that are causing file access calls (viewable with Sysinternals' Filemon tool) to non-existent effects files, we believe this has something to do with triggering the OOM error and we're working with Allen from Scenery Solutions (maker of UT) to try to resolve it...Thanks!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

That's why I'm sticking with FS9 for now. Will jump on FSX once the hardware to run it becomes more affordable!Ryan, I will replicate the flight tonight with the 744. What I should point out is that POST patch only the 763 has had the OOM. The 744 hasn't. I will try two flights tonight and we'll see if they crash or not. Will advise!

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Guest Boaz

I had my suspicions about Europe and Canada, as I have had OOM over Germany and Ireland, as well as Exit to desktop over Canada.I have yet to test the scenery after the removal of HL files.Thanks for the tip about the RAMs Ryan.Boaz.

I'll be damned....I could never fly the PMDG 744 into the USA because I would always have a CTD....now this is fixed...finally I can fly her into the US!

Eric 

Applied the UT patch 1.30. I no longer get the CTD when coming into the US from say Europe when I begin my descent which is good. However, I just got an OOM error when FS9 went to load the Imaginesim KDEN scenery after a 5h 30m flight from HNL. As soon as FS started to load the scenery at around 20nm from the airport, OOM Error came up. I have 2GB of RAM as well and a 256MB X850 ATI card. I did do HNL to Fly-Tampa's SFO the other day with no problems. Oh well...guess the OOM error is still there as I only get it with the 744 but abliet only into some certain airports like simflyers and Imaginesim's stuff. I guess I push FS and XP just a tad bit harder than she can stand.I have my PF set to system managed and it is currently set to 2045MB. Should I set this manually and if so, to what?

Eric