Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Anyone still getting out of memory errors with the 744?...

I have encountered issues with UT USA and the 744/744F and also the 763.I will try out the above tonight and see what happens. I consistently encountered this issue with the 744 + Fs2Crew + UT when doing beta testing from KSFO-KLAX and also subsequent to release on the same route.It would be great if this fixes the issue as I haven't taken the 744 / 763 to the states for a while now, mainly out of fear of losing a whole flight on final approach!What will I lose from UT by removing these files?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Mark,If I understand it correctly, they call certain effects associated with the coastlines - I'm assuming this is stuff like waves hitting the shore etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks Ryan. I'll look into this and report back tonight. Suffice to say if it works I will:A: Owe 'someone' a beerB: Immediately be buying UT Europe:-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Hi RyanI have been experiencing OOM issues. It may be a silly ? but I have UT USA, Can & Europe. Does the same procedure apply to all folders?

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hey Ryan,I'm pretty sure it's actually the HL*.bgl's in this case. HP*.bgl's are the actual water bodies, HL's are the coastlines.

Regards,

Brian Doney

You are correct Brian, I misread Allen and Holger's instructions at the UT site - fixed.Anyone who did the HP files, please replace those and remove the HL files...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Boaz

Ryan, I have been getting CTD over the US, but only if I at one point in my flight, sped up the simulation rate.In Europe with UT as well, I have received numerous out of memory errors, some seemed to be fixed by disabling the industrial areas landclass, but just recently I continue to get an out of memory error just north of Frankfurt...I have removed all the HL files, but have also done this with my UT Europe and Canada...Just what do these HL do? What are the findings? Could I be mistaken, when I conclude that flying at greater simulation speeds than normal would cause a crash?Boaz.

Guest aarskringspier

this removes the little white vorders around the coasts you wont notice its gone. and it solved my OOM's.

Boaz,No, flying at high simulation rate shouldn't cause a CTD in and of itself...Note here too, this fix is referring to one very specific type of CTD situation - the one where you actually get an Out of Memory notification in FS. I am not talking about the various CTD situations that can arise in FS.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Hi all, sorry to revive a 'dead' post but I haven't got this issue nailed yet.I am aware of the initial HP vs HL confusion too by the way. :)Funnily enough, I took the HP*.bgl files out and managed an OOM free flight from SFO to LAX in the 744, however once I replaced those and removed the HL*.bgl files I DID get the OOM as described. The error hit me last night in the descent on a short hop from KIAD to KLGA. Only it wasn't in the 744 (no issues there so far) it was in my 763.Rather than pursue the matter here (as it isn't a PMDG product), can someone please provide a link to the thread on the Ultimate Terrain board? I have looked high and low over there and can't find it.Thanks in advance.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

HiI have seen it once before without UT -but never ever again. It was peculiar in that ATC would not untune from Singapore Changi Tower despite the fact I was seven hours away from it by then...then Out of Memory.RegardsRudy

Sorry to liven up this dead(ish) post yet again, but I have been watching the discussions over at simforums regarding this 'OOM' issue.Anyone experiencing this issue (who hasn't already done so) should go and check this thread out.http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...?TID=19466&PN=1Some excellent work has been done by the developer and some UTUSA users in analysing this issue, it seems that they have nailed it!

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Yes dunka guys.I get a random OOM error and mostly wiith the Coolsky MD-80. Hope this helps.