Sign in to follow this  
Vic1

Pease fix these 747 bugs for the fsx version

DEAR PMDG,Please can you have a look at the following main issue and possibly fix it for the 747 fsx version if its not too late.I am talking about the glitch you can see when you look at the flight deck windows from outside in spot view, From certain angles you see the inside oppersite windows appear to display infront of the nearside glass which realy spoils the look of the flight deck windows. I dont think this is a bug of fs as the default 747 does not do this. The other issues which are not as noticable but looks strange are firstly the size of the glare shield from external view again, which is way too small which in turn gives the effect of making the gap through, much too large which in turn exposes far too much flight deck space and torso of the pilots. In reality the gap between upper window and glareshield is about stretched a hand span and from outside protrudes upwards significantly more than currantly moddelled (the FSX default 747 has got these proportions fairly accrately moddelled for comparison). Internally in the VC there is another glaring mistake too which is the shape of the side windows . These windows upper and lower edges in reality are not parallel and widen dramaticaly from front to rear which you have made parellel from inside the vc yet clearly moddeled in the exterior view correctly . Finally please do something about the cartoon like pilots who look awfull and please remove the jackets and give them white shirts and ties instead. i think the whole flight deck external appearence really needs some attention and changes to bring it up the the fantastic standard of the rest of the aircraft These maybe regarded as petty issues but to me the visual appearence of your product is one of its great attributes and this will be the only oppertunity to put them right so please do not take offence at this crittercismthankskav

That's quite a list of 'small' things. One thing though, I must say that I've never experienced any of the items you are describing. For one, the opposite side window doesn't show on the near side. Also, the side windows do look correct in their shape and the sides aren't parallel at all. As for the pilots, the jackets can be removed but as far as the quality, it's really the best that can be done. I've never seen an FS aircraft with better looking pilots. I'm not sure about the dash though. As far as 'bugs' that I would like fixed, PMDG pretty much nailed everything but the taxi performance but that's not your fault. One thing I have thought of though, would it be too much to ask for options in terms of the panel? I mean as far as the older panels with analogue standbys and MCP compared to the ISFD and LCD MCP. I know it's a bit late to ask for this but maybe in a SP?Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Ryan Gamurot

Ryanunless its just the way my graphic card renders it the window anomaly is visable when you zoom in fairly close from spot or outside view with say walk and follow, try it from a few angles you will see some strange occurances particulally if you look up from below. And as far as the shape of the windows is concerned i am talking about from with in the VC and they are deffinately parallel and the wrong shape from inside have alook for yourself, the bottom edge of both windows should drop away and down, widening from front to back quite substantially resulting in a triangular appearance. This is correctly done from spot view but completely missed from the vc inside but should be the same. I just have a good eye for accuracy and these things stand out to me, particullaly due to the amount of time i spend sitting on the flight deck of the real aircraft most days, i have become very familiar with the proportions from insidethanks Kav

Here are some screen shots of what i am talking aboutKav

And also some of the glare shield issue. I take back the comment about the pilots they look fine (except for the jackets!) i just seem to remember they were different to this.Kav

The VC window shape revisedKav

Guest chris493

"I am talking about the glitch you can see when you look at the flight deck windows from outside in spot view, From certain angles you see the inside oppersite windows appear to display infront of the nearside glass which realy spoils the look of the flight deck windows. I dont think this is a bug of fs as the default 747 does not do this."This may be a bug in the repaint textures.Chris

Guest chris493

> DEAR PMDG,>>Please can you have a look at the following main issue and>possibly fix it for the 747 fsx version if its not too late.>>I am talking about the glitch you can see when you look at the>flight deck windows from outside in spot view, From certain>angles you see the inside oppersite windows appear to display>infront of the nearside glass which realy spoils the look of>the flight deck windows. I dont think this is a bug of fs as>the default 747 does not do this. This may be caused by a bug in the repaint textures.Chris

Hello-I am "thinking" the reflections are just that- reflections modeled as well as possinble within FS9 limitations.As far as the cockpit- I wonder is this is a case of a little knowlege being a dangerous thing? Perspectives change perception. I have not spent hundreds of hours on a real 744 flight deck- have you? I do know that the design team and the testers (and Boeing by the way) have all done so, and seem satisfied with the result.I'd much rather have a functional ACARS and weather radar (maybe in the 2nd or third FSX version/upgrade) and additional systems modeled-still, each to their own.Now, if this should stimulate comment on the release date I'd be a happy man ;)Best-Carl Avari-CooperBAW0225

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest AJ

Speaking of tiny little glitches, they also never fixed the Right Yaw Damper button. Unlike the Left Yaw damper button, it does not make a clicky sound when you press it.How is that for picky?Andrew

haha couldnt help but laugh at the suggestion that the pilots look bad....isnt the male captain one of the PMDG team? i remember reading something on that a while back

Paul McMahon

Ireland

747400.jpg

well i dont know what it is here is the PMDG 747 in house colours with the same problem i can see the ist officers head through the a frame pillarKav

And neither do the GRND proximity or the fuel dump amount selector work in the VC unless these bugs are only on my PC.I know how often i have heard that the design team knows best because they are made up of real word 747 pilots and i mean this with all due respect but how come these little bugs escape their attention? or is it simply a case of the non functioning switches simply bieng non economicaly viable to get fix, man hours, cost etc? In a payware addon like this there should not be non functioning switches in the VC. The only other reason i can think of is that the team are simply not aware of the glitches. I realy dont understand how this all works except to say that i think that people dont dare mention them anymore for fear of offending. I would like to think that in reality we are doing PMDG a favour by pointing out what may not have been noticed, but who knows.thankskav

>In a payware addon like this>there should not be non functioning switches in the VC.You don't own any other payware products do you?

Mike Roth