Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Visual differences between FS9 & FSX PMDG 747-400/F

Hi, just wondering if someone from PMDG may be able to explain or perhaps show by pictures some differences bewteeen the FS9 & FSX versions of the PMDG 747-400 & Freighter? By this, I mean seeing rivets in the bodywork, extra detail in the flaps, wheels, cockpit, etc? I'm not listing these as things I hope will be different - just listing some things on the aircraft that may be able to have been done differently by PMDG that we'd notice with the naked eye?Thanks,

As they say one picture equals to 1000 words.Although not final release it says it all and I think it answers your question.Vangelis===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

That is almost cruel at this point in the juncture. ;) This looks like a truly marvelous airplane. FSX adds so much to the look of realism on the aircraft. Thanks for the shot, and if you got anymore...

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest sunbear

Great shot. Definitely worth the wait. Hope to see some more if you've got a few kick'n around..jack

Beautiful!!! Yes we are still awaiting the True Queen of the skies! I own both full packages of the FS9 737 / 747 and want one for FSX before FSXI hits the streets.

That truly is amazing. After a long Evening shift at work that is just what I needed. Actually the actual airplane is what I needed, but this will tide me over. :) Thanks Ryan

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

[Font size=2Now that is appetizing !Wing view enthusiasts will be more than satisfied.Jean-Charles Montagne

Guest sunbear

Fantastic pic's. Thanks for sharing.jack

Ryan,Great shots, thanks, can't wait. What operating system were these taking in? XP or Vista? If it matters?Thanks,Ken

>Ryan,>>Great shots, thanks, can't wait. What operating system were>these taking in? XP or Vista? If it matters?>>Thanks,>>KenForget it, I see Ryan has been using Vista, since day one. Ken

Guest knack

Isn't there something wrong with the reflection on the engine cowling? It's usually the fuselage one sees...not mountains and trees, surely? Minor issue though. Will we be getting wing views with the 744X, Ryan? Because I seem to remember that one of the stated reasons for not having wing views in the FS9 version was that they were frame hogs. Considering that the 744 is a highly complex piece of coding I would have thought that with the FSX version you guys would be even more aware of the framerate issue...or has some magic been worked here?Cheers!Tony

Guys,1. The shots were taken in XP.2. The wingviews use the external model, wings in the VC itself are still a no go. This is functionally the same thing though.The reflections are an FSX thing, we'd have to paint the fuselage reflection into the texture and that would just look bad at times when you shouldn't be seeing a reflection...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com