Sign in to follow this  
kfreire

Engines smoke.

Hi there. Does anybody knows why everytime I load FSX my new PMDG 744X aircraft engines are always on fire?I usually have to re-select the same aircraft again from the drop down menu for it to work. (very annoying).I have upgraded the program but that didn't fix it.Thanks for your help.Kaue.

No idea but I have seen it once. Black smoke pouring from all the engines including the APU (even though it was not running at the time). Checked everything and nothing out of order. Took off with them like that and smoke still pouring out the back. Did look a sight but I would not have wanted to be on a real one like that.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Might be coincidence, but the only time it happened to me I was overweight. Not me personally you understand, well I suppose I am, who started all of this? ;-) Go check your fuel.... Reider

Guest Mower

I have only seen this on engine start with the RR engines.

This was not the issue with mine (at least not as it says in the wiki). Mine was loaded from just being started up. It was not overweight (only 39,000t fuel). And was certainly flyable (that was until ATC vectored me into the side of a mountain).After the sim had reset itself from the crash and I had turned everything back on manually there was no smoke this time. Did not need to shutdown and restart at all. Maybe different symptom of the same bug.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

I had the all-engine smoke a few times on first load of the cold and dark cockpit when I first installed the 744X (updated version) on a fresh install of XP+SP2 and FSX+SP1. Re-loading the plane fixed it each time. It doesn't seem to happen as often now.Paul

hi,same story, it is happening right now, and besides all 4 engines have smoke coming out, the winglets are also missing...bencheer

Gents-this is a bug that ACES have confirmed occurs in their model loader code. Sometimes, particularly as manifested in our wiki page, when you reload the aircraft, the model code will skip over some important initialization and will exhibit what you describe.You need to change to a different type aircraft, then load the 747X again.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Actually, I think it looks rather good, can we have it as a selectable feature? ;-) Already seen flames coming from one of the Acceleration aircraft, the Mustang I believe.....Reider