Sign in to follow this  
wongben4

saitek pro flight throttle setup for pmdg 747

Hi, just got the saitek pro flight throttle. Could anyone teach me how to setup the reserve thrust ... I am currently using registered FSUIPC and I linked throttle axis 1 to control No.1 and No.2 engine and axis 2 for No.3 and No.4 respectively. It is different then setting up the CH throttle since for saitek, the reserve thrust is actually a button rather then an axis..thanksBenPS I didn't install the accompanied saitek Driver (CD that comes with the box), should I install it or just leave it alone if I am only gonna to use it on FS for pmdg 747

I have done it by going into the button assignments, selecting the button press by moving the throttle lever down to it's lowest position, then assigning an FS control (on the right of the box) to Decrease Throttle x.I have also assigned a control for when the button is released, to Cut Throttle x, otherwise I found I would have to rev the engine up to disengage the reverser.One problem I have got, is that when you use this method, the reversers will disengage immediately, even though the engines are still powered up. This results in a brief pulse of forward power, as the engines idle down again. This is in contrast to my GoFlight throttles, where the engines would idle down before the reversers were stowed.

A method which works for me is, using registered FSUPIC, calibrate the throttles so there is no dead zone at idle then assign the Saitek buttons to the F2 key.I also use the Saitek driver, but not the control manager.Jim Harnes

Guest SkullxBones

Here is how I do it with my Saitek. In the Standard.xml file, add the following under the section. 20THROTTLE_DECR1Edit- Hmmm, the forum doesn't format the spaces properly in the code above, but if you look in the Standard.xml file you will see how it should look.Jeff P.

I do not understand the use or importance of a registered FSUIPC. Can someone shed some light on this for me? How do you get a registered FSUIPC? Any help will be greatly appreciated.Perry Fincher

Hi,Check this site : http://www.aeroworx.com/smf/index.php?topic=2228.0Here you can download a *.pdf file what discribes the process for calibrating your yoke (including reverser-function).Originally it was done for the CH-yoke, but it is perfectly practible for the Saitek-yoke aswell as for every other hardware.It is done through FSUIPC, so a registered version of it is mentioned.Hope this helps you ...(edit for typo)