Sign in to follow this  
sshotick

Anyone experiencing the skewed ND - read!

The code issue behind all of this was basically this for anyone interested: The options.dll needs to load up certain external files to itself - the navdata, the gauges themselves, and the magdec.bgl among a few other things. We use that registry key to set the location the dll searches for these files at, if it doesn't find them, it uses a fallback relative path search based on the dll's own location. That search wasn't working for magdec.bgl only, so that explains how the rest of the plane was still able to function when that registry path got changed.As far what is actually changing that registry path, we really have no idea but we do know it's not our stuff doing it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>Ale et al,>>As I understand it the SP2 in Acceleration pack and the stand>alone SP2 are identical. Only difference being stand alone SP2>has a designated installer wrap.>>Cheers,Matt,Not quite, as Phil stated last December and a few revelations have come forth in Pete Dowson's forums since, there is a versioning differences between the SP2-Accel and SP2-standalone patches. As we discovered this through version numbers on one of the dll's updated through each FSX patch, while troubleshooting and fixing the wind-smoothing aloft issues.Now, when you install the SP2-Accel media, it also checks for and if neccessary, applies the SP1 code, prior to installing its version specific SP2 installer.The standalone SP2 patch from the FS-Inider website requires the manual installation of SP1a prior to SP2. And, don't forget to execute FS at least once (all the way to a sim-state) prior to installing any of these FSX patches.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi Ryan, Tom and AllWell, I'm ready to try the 74X on the new set-up but unfortunately the validation has run out...again...I have e-mailed support and as soon as I have the new download/key etc I will give her a try.Sorry for the delay on getting the answers to you all but of-course these brick walls just keep on appearing, especially over a weekend... RegardsSteve

Guest Oz_Animal

I would help if I sent the request to the right place...Thanks for telling me guy's...lolOK...Back to waiting again...PS, I tried that fall back idea to see if it would pick the file up in the same folder as the dll files but no good. Still working on it. "Never give up..never surrender..." Good film quote, 20 cents to the first who gets it...lol.. Thats all I got left now after all this. :)Steve

Guest Oz_Animal

OK Guy

Hi Steve,I've been following your situation from the start. As I repair computers daily; I couldn't imagine what could be wrong with your system. In such ways it's quite difficult if you haven't the computer with you. So now, I'm glad in your place the problems are solved. With these I wish you a lot of funny flights with the Queen.Best regards,PeterBelgiumFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

My theory, perhaps you never disabled the USB Host Controller being allowed to go into stanby in the device properties for each Host controller, which allowing stanby is the default action. Then, when you woke up the Host controller via the joystick or keyboard device, the calibration was skewed in such a way to only affect the ND? Reaching I know, but its the only thing that comes to mind at first. Either that or low voltage for the USB Host controllers or the Host controllers themselves have issues.Glad you figured it out though. Did the kids loose the new PC they found?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hey! That's great news!! Weird the things that can cause problems! The mouse would be the last thing I would suspect, unless some how it was set to use the Mouse as a Yoke, but that is something, you would have to do in the right button menu. I have a wireless keyboard and Mouse with the Mouse also connected to the USB, but don't that problem, (After the registry fix of course). Sounds like a conflict of either addresses, or interupts between your Mouse and Joystick. Do you have a USB to Mouse Port adapter? You can try that before deciding on new hardware. It's hard to find a Mouse these days that isn't USB!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Steve,Great to hear you got the problem solved! Thing is, I'm even more baffled now than I was before... I have fully USB peripherals myself, haven't used a PS2 mouse or keyboard in probably 3 years or more.What brand/model are they? Are there drivers you had to actually install to use them or is this just plug and play using Windows' built in ones? What specifically did you do that allows them to work now without causing the issue?I can't for the life of me understand how input devices could interfere with our dll reading the magdec file.Al, bad calibration on the joystick would affect control of the plane, not the ND or anything like that.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi Ryan & GuysJust a quick recap...It is the USB "Pad" controller that is the root cause, not the Keyboard etc...It's only if it is used in conjunction with same....I know, very strange indeed..Ryan, the units are all Logitech and I have done a test with and without the Manufacture drivers with the same results.If I change the port assignment to the highest available for the rumble pad then all is well. The only thing I can think of is maybe the port & speed is translating across to FS somehow? backfeeding etc...just guessing...Hey, no idea this is all very strange...Another thing to consider/remember is this is a HP computer and even though I have done a complete new install of everything it still requires HP Drivers for the MB, Sound, UA etc so the problem could be and probably is a combination of all these factors...Somehow I don't think I am going to be able to track it down??!! The main thing is she is now working and I am having a ball...:)Thanks again for the help Guy's.RegardsSteve

Wow, that is supremely bizarre Steve. I'll pass the info along to the coders just in case it sets off a light bulb tho...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

I just want to report that I did not have the skew problem before the 2.10 upgrade. After the upgrade, I had the skew problem. Found the original thread where it said to go to Flight1 and grab their registry repair utility, and ran it and the problem went away.Now I can go fly the upgraded version, which by the way was doing just fine for me before except the Freighter crashing at the end of the flight.Thanks goes to PMDG for a wonderful aircraft and thanks goes to everyone who pinpointed the skewing problem.Bob Artim

Guest Oz_Animal

Same same.Ryan, after installing the up-date the ND was off again. Of-course I didn't think of checking the reg first though did I...GrrrrAfter 3 hrs of kicking the thing again I read the post and whahoo...fixed..Now this is just a suggestion, if possible as I don't know...Could the "coders" maybe put a registry entry install (Fix) at the end of the up-date/new model installs. Would save a few probs one would think if possible??Just an ideaSteveThe up-date is great with the fixes, well done guy's.. :)

Thanks to PMDG and everybody elso that helped with this problem!!I had the skewed ND and very off center landings (approx 500 feet right at KABQ, KAPA, KPHX, but for some reason only about 5 feet left of center at EGLL). Added the back slash in the register as suggested and both problems went away completely. Thanks again, I thought I had lost the 744X for good.Art StuartKABQ:-)

Guest Oz_Animal

Another quick up-date Ryan.I decided to replace my MB as I hated the restrictions with the HP BIOS. After 20 mins of getting her to fit (Hammers are great things lol) everything is "Sweet" without the need to adjust the USB settings.Obviously the issue I had was a BIOS related thing but how or why is anyones guess. Still got me stuffed...PS..I am going to keep the new drive that I loaded as a totally clean install. This should help with problem detection of other issues I hope, ie VNAV/MCP etc. Mate..after all this there is absolutly no way that I will change to Vista now...XP has been hard enough without having all those extra issues...lol..Once again thanks for your time and efforts.RegardsSteve