Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spawntscuk1

Manually programming sid into 747 FMC

HiHope someone can help me out. How do I manualy program the following waypoints in the EGLL 27R WOBUN2F departure. The two waypoints in the sid I am struggling with is the D10LON and D16LON.According to a manual I found that someone created to go with the ITVV DVD of Virgin Flight VS19 from EGLL to KSFO the waypoints are known as follows:-On the SID, D10LON is now D312J and D16LON is D333P

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A fix like D312J usually is a fix not in the navdata, it refers to a point 10 nm (J = 10th letter in alphabet) on the 312 radial of a VOR. This is used a lot in DME arcs, etc.You need to check out the manual for entering custom waypoints, there is also a quick reference in the PMDG Ops: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FMC_WP_Entry_NotesSo if you want a fix 10 or 16 miles from a fix on your course, use the ALONG TRACK method.

Hi,>>So if you want a fix 10 or 16 miles from a fix on your course, use the ALONG TRACK method.<

Jason,The fixes you are trying to define will most likely NOT be found in the Waypoint NAVDATA file that forms the database of such files used by the the PMDG aircraft.There is a much quicker and easier way to achieve your aim...this advice is based on the FS9.1 version of the PMDG 744/F.In your post you do not indicate whether you update your AIRAC data in line with the RW from the NAVIGRAPH site. This can be done monthly at a very small cost, included in the download are SIDSTAR files for literally hundreds of airports.My advice to anyone who is serious about flying this aircraft is to maintain you navigation database in line with the real world.Once you have downloaded the new database simply run the installer & the new navigation database files & SIDSTAR fles will be updated. Then go to the AVSIM site & file search for 'Dan Downs'. Dan produces SIDSATR files for most major US airports that he updates in line with the current AIRAC cycle. Simply overwrite these files as he describes in the attached documentation. They really are superb in their accuracy & quality.Then have a look at my files that are now available on BAVs Speedbirdonline site on the 747 Hangar Page:http://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/747.htmlI have made files for LHR, Stansted, Prestwick & Manchester. I have almost completed a rewrite of the file for LGW.Indeed as I post this I am just finishing a re-write of these files ready for AIRAC Cycle 0806...I would hope to get these files uploaded to the BAV Hangar Page by the end of next week. I would not have been able to update these files without the advice & help Dan has given me in the past few weeks...thank you for this advice Dan. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Lee who kindly sponsored their addition to the 747 Hangar page.You will see that the WPTs that you are trying to create are faithfully reproduced (IMHO) for all the published departure procedures at the various airports.The intent was to create files for the UK arpts that 744s routinely operate from. I am not in a position to write any further files due to my life/work/leisure balance. But I would hope you take a look at these files & maybe give them a go.Kind RegardsSteve Bellpilotinfo.php?pid=0538&bg=b744

I also would STRONGLY recommend-http://fmcguide.com/StoreFront.bok (The Big Boeing FMC User's Guide)Worth its weight in GOLD!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |