Sign in to follow this  
Guest alex_m

Question on a RW Flight Plan

Guest j-mo

I posted this in Hanger Chat and received one reply, which I am interested in confirming. So I am hoping to tap into the expertise here.I saw the following flightplan at Flightaware yesterday:UPS 9901 KSDF - KSDFMYS V49 BNA HSV D2+30 RQZ EWO IIUI was guessing some kind of training flight, as I saw multiple aproaches, although it was tough to figure out if there were actual T&G's.Anyway, my question was what does D2 mean? The respondant guessed it meant after the HSV VOR proceed direct to the 30-degree inbound radial of the RQZ VOR. This makes sense to me.So, is that it, "D2" is abbr. for "diect to?"

>respondant guessed it meant after the HSV VOR proceed>direct to the 30-degree inbound radial of the RQZ VOR.>This makes sense to me.This explanation sounds strange to me..."Direct to" makes sense in relation to a specific point, location, fix, radial is not a place in space it is a line. It would be up to a pilot to interpret how "directly" he wants to intercept a radial creating ambiguity. I admit I have never seen D2 as part of the flight plan.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

If D2 was a waypoint, it could potentially be a reference from the aircraft flight plan itself to a location 30 Nm along the route from that waypoint.Not sure to be honest, I can't recall having seen that in a route before.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Jake Lee

>I posted this in Hanger Chat and received one reply, which I>am interested in confirming. So I am hoping to tap into the>expertise here.>>I saw the following flightplan at Flightaware yesterday:>>UPS 9901 >KSDF - KSDF>MYS V49 BNA HSV D2+30 RQZ EWO IIU>>I was guessing some kind of training flight, as I saw multiple>aproaches, although it was tough to figure out if there were>actual T&G's.>>Anyway, my question was what does D2 mean? The>respondant guessed it meant after the HSV VOR proceed>direct to the 30-degree inbound radial of the RQZ VOR.>This makes sense to me.>>So, is that it, "D2" is abbr. for "diect to?"> I work for UPS (not ground, but the air cargo). For "direct to" they use "DCT." For example, if the plan called for from HSV direct RQZ the flightplan would say "HSV DCT RQZ." I don't know what "D2+30" means.- Jake- Jake

This is used to indicate an enroute delay. It is in the format of D followed by the time in hours + minutes.Brian

Brian W

KPAE

Guest j-mo

Ahhhhh...Thank you so much, Brian. Sometimes my brain latches onto something that may seem trivial, but I can't seem to let go of it. I'll sleep better tonight!:D

Hello,It was me who referred to the radial issue, I just took a guess, whenever I see numbers next to VOR's, radials are the first thing that come to my mind. Indeed as a poster stated, DCT is used for Direct To, anyway I'm glad we now know the true meaning. Best regards

Brian has it.We used enroute delays often when filing flightplans at base ops in the USAF. The flight plan would be to a fix inside a MOA where training activity would occur.We also had an ability to file multiple legs within the same flight plan, such as for fuel stops. That was the part I missed after retirement and had to start filing with FSS or DUATS where each leg had to be filed separately.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Jake Lee

>Hello,>>It was me who referred to the radial issue>Best regards If the plan called for over a certain VOR then on a certain radial it would read: "HZQ10030 SDF." This means via the HZQ R-100 to 30 DME then dct SDF.- Jake

Guest j-mo

If the plan called for over a certain VOR then on a certainradial it would read: "HZQ10030 SDF." This means via the HZQR-100 to 30 DME then dct SDF. - JakeThanks for this, Jake. Helps me further my understanding.Regards!

Guest j-mo

Not sure why I find this so interesting, I just do. Thanks, Brian.