Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CX 747-400

HELP needed with the MD-11 (Visual Model)

First of all the flight deck is amazing!!!!!! Thank you for another great product!I am having a problem with the exterior view. I can see the wing lights, the aircraft shadow, and the interior of the aircraft, but I have no other view than that. Please help...Jonathan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Are you saying the aircraft is invisible except for those>things you mentioned?That is right. The whole aircraft is invisable expect what I mentioned. I am trying to get a screen shot, but I dont have a program to do.Jonathan

Jonathan,What video card you using and when was the last time the drivers were updated?

Here is my system info:ECS NForce 570 Slit A MotherBoardIntel Dual Core E66004 GB of RamATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512 Graphic CardMy drivers havent been updated in about 2 months. I am going to do that right now.Jonathan

Yeah get the 8.9 driver, and also update your Nvidia Nforce drivers as well if there's a newer version. Report back after that...

Hello,I have a similar problem.I'm running Nvidia 8800GT with latest drivers (178.13)Vista644GB RAMI tried to attach the image but its too big for AVSIMincomplete.jpg

Guys,This is one of the really strange issues we've never been able to get a handle on - some users saw it with the 744 too.We're going to investigate it and try to determine the cause, but we'll likely need some volunteers to perform various tests trying to determine what's actually going on. This could go all the way up to full FSX reinstalls etc...I'll have more details after we talk it over a bit.

OK... all drivers have been updated. Nothing.Reinstall MD-11...Nothing.I dont that many add-ons for FSX. So what ever you need me to do, I will. Consider me a volunteer.Jonathan

...my Queen sometimes used to look like that when replaying a landing on FSRecorder, either while still replaying or after the replay ended, together with scenery building up real slow or not at all...sometimes i could solve it by simply entering a menu and quitting it again, sometimes not...i'm no computer geek but it always seemed to me that with high settings and resolution this was simply caused by the PC running out of resources, eventhough it never caused a crash....but then i could be totally wrong....

One more thing you might try is deleting the FSX.cfg and then running FSX so that it can be rebuilt "stock." Then change your display settings and game options back to as desired.I tried some of the suggested "tweaks" to the fsx.cfg file and it cause all sorts of weird problems, especially graphics issuse with the MD-11. But when I reverted to the stock fsx.cfg my problems disappeared.

Well, I have deleted the FSX.CFG and started FSX. After a couple of weird errors (String not found) FSX loaded. I lowered my settings, and when i went to change my plane for the MD11, only the default birds were there. None of the liveries were showing. I loaded one of the default MD11s and the same issue is present.In my case seems like the engines skins is transparent... along with the stabilizers. This is a bit more complicated with the original poster, whose crew is hanging out to dry ... lolI do have a ton of addons, but consider me for testing... hopefully we wont have to re-install FSX.

>Well, I have deleted the FSX.CFG and started FSX. After a>couple of weird errors (String not found) FSX loaded. I>lowered my settings, and when i went to change my plane for>the MD11, only the default birds were there. None of the>liveries were showing. I loaded one of the default MD11s and>the same issue is present.>>In my case seems like the engines skins is transparent...>along with the stabilizers. This is a bit more complicated>with the original poster, whose crew is hanging out to dry ...> lol>>I do have a ton of addons, but consider me for testing...>hopefully we wont have to re-install FSX.>Looks like the fall back isn't working correctly or texture corruption of the Fresnel_Ramp.dds file then you will see the above behaviour...Do you have it with every livery?http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

I had something similar with the 747-400. And actually its something really simple but I forget.I'm sure its something like this:In FSX, goto Options, Settings, Display. On the Graphics page, make sure Advanced Animations is ticked.In 747-400, I was missing slats and flaps. I turned this setting on, and the objects then appeared.

Yes, its with all liveries and with both Cargo and Pax.Now... I got it to work.. I selected DX10 Preview and all the aircraft is visible.but... is there any way to have all the plane showing without making FSX uncompatible with the rest of my planes?:-)

>Yes, its with all liveries and with both Cargo and Pax.>>Now... I got it to work.. I selected DX10 Preview and all the>aircraft is visible.>>but... is there any way to have all the plane showing without>making FSX uncompatible with the rest of my planes?>>:-)>>>>Did you switch in the VC between window and full screen or is just at load just curious?http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

Mine did the exact same thing in Beta. Because of other model failures it was suggested my system was fragged, so my 9800GTX+ Vcard is now out to RMA, but I'm still a bit suspicious. I have a loner 9800GTX+ in now and I'll fly it a bit. We'll see. You should Not need DX10 preview to use this plane.

>>Did you switch in the VC between window and full screen or is>just at load just curious?>Im not sure I understand the question but the engine skins are missing in Full Screen or in windowed modeIf I select DX10 preview, the plane shows complete right from the Free Flight screen.

I am having the exact same problems with the MD-11 on the flight I am conducting right now. I am using the latest Nvidia WHQL 178.13 drivers. The screens in the VC have stopped updating, only the engine nacelles, outline of the wings and cargo containers inside the aircraft are visible. Sometimes when I switch views the virtual cockpit won't appear and sometimes the screen is just black. Please see attached screenshots. Sorry for the size but I want to make it clear what is happening.

Try modding the fsx.cfg file line[GRAPHICS]TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024to your Vcard's Vmemory load. That 8800GTX is 768 (?) and the 9800GTX is 512. It worked earlier. I'm flying now, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm still at 1024. Hang in there. We'll get it.(No other .cfg mods for now)

>I am having the exact same problems with the MD-11 on the>flight I am conducting right now. I am using the latest Nvidia>WHQL 178.13 drivers. The screens in the VC have stopped>updating, only the engine nacelles, outline of the wings and>cargo containers inside the aircraft are visible. Sometimes>when I switch views the virtual cockpit won't appear and>sometimes the screen is just black. >>Please see attached screenshots. Sorry for the size but I want>to make it clear what is happening.Indeed there is something with switching and panel initialisation...Going to have a more in depth look nothing to do with hardware that's what I can say for sure ;-)http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

I must be blind, but I can not seem to locate the FSX.cfg file. I have no issues finding FS9, but not FSX. Can someone tell me where it is? :-hmmm Jonathan