Sign in to follow this  
wchafe

Our next project

Hopefully nothing that starts with "Air" and ends in "Bus"...and sounds like ScareBus.It better be Boeing, or we ain't goin'.

Guest KB

Actually Eric flew the SAAB and (for a short while) ATR's for American Eagle, then when he was hired by AA he was first assigned the 727 fleet but was almost immediatly transfered to the 757/67's.As far as I recall anyway...

It definately ain't a 340, Wade did post a request for 340 details some time ago, but after all the hype, reminded people that he posted it on April Fools day! :-lol My guess is a 757, and will i ever be happy if it is, after all nothing climbs like a 757!! A good friend of mine flys em for BA as well, so it'd be good to see what he gets upto :-)Cheers,http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d0652532c74b431.jpg

Guest Lenny Zaman

do i sense a bit of patriotism??... lolnahh i don't care wether it's airbus or boeing, since both operators are good, but it's a fact that qua technology airbus is ahead a small step on boeing, and since i live i europe, it'dbe better for me to focus on scary thing... ;-)I like them aswell though, they fly very... nice lolBut i also like knowing to operate(simulate...) a 767 and an airbus... ahhh the feeeeling ;)Ciao

Guest KenG

Yep, I remember reading that he flew ATR's. As for the 727, I've heard from a fairly reliable source that there will be a B727 with his name attached. It will be the DF version and I heard Eric is helping out, mainly as a consultant. It's not hard to believe seeing as how he and Lou are almost married. :-lol

Guest A32X

A 757 would be amazing. No one has done it and she's the best looking Boeing by far. imoDoesn't matter now though seeing they are probably way into 'the project'

>I'll buy it, sight unseen. >'nuff said. I concur 100%. One of the "other guys" products still has a bug that's bothering me: it's basically the equivalent of not being manually select a speed when descending in VNAV. For a month now, I've been told it's going to be fixed; now when searching through some of their older forum messages, I'm finding that it won't be. No followup message sent to me, no announcement saying that the final patch has already been issued; I had to find it out for myself, pretty much through dumb luck.My point: the PIC team (or whatever they're calling themselves these days) puts out such a high quality product, and maintains such high quality support, that I would be willing to buy their next bird sight unseen.Seriously. I'd put my money down right now if I could. I wonder how many others in this forum feel the same?Jon (KSEA)

"My point: the PIC team (or whatever they're calling themselves these days) "I'm thinking "The developers formerly known as PICTeam".Wadda ya think?

Who cares. I am with the other guys in here and will buy it sight unseen. Good to see that the developers have deceided to prduce another aircraft package. I think right now we should all be thankful that they are going through with this. It looked like all we were going to have for top-end type stuff was DF and PSS. I think we would all agree it is nice to see a third group get back into it seeing as how there last plane was VERY good. I hope all of us can show restraint and not start with the nagging type posts asking what it is and when is it coming out 30 times a day. We have enough locked moderated forums here already!! So lets all be :-halo

Eric 

Oh and one more thing, seeing as how CFS3 will not have any 2D panels in it (there is only going to be the 3D Virtual panels), one could naturally assume that FS2004 will finally do away with the 2D/Virtual Panel marriage. Guess what folks? Out of DF, PSS and PIC, only the PSS A320 has a virtual panel. I think our planes with 2D panels only such as the DF 737, PSS777/747 and the PIC 767 will no longer be able to be used with FS2004. Anything made now for FS2002 will have to be patched before using with FS2004 as well due to this fact: There currently is now way to make "clickable spots" on the virtual panels for Fs2002. The only panel with "clickable spots" is still the 2D panel. Obviously if MS does away with the 2D panel, there will be no default panel to fall back on and third party 2D panels (In my opinion) will probably not work in FS2004. So any panels made now will have to be totally re-worked for FS2004. Some of you may not have seen this coming and I didn't either until reading about what MS was saying about CFS3 at the E3 show in Los Angeles. We had backwards compatability with the last few FS releases but in order for MS to go to a complete virtual cockpit only, I think we are gonna have to suffer for one cycle of FS by losing that backwards compatability. At least we will regain it for the FS2004 to FS2006 transition. Enjoy your PIC 767 and other 2D panel aircraft for the life span is growing shorter. Of course all of this of what I have said could be rubbish and not true but I think it may happen. Anyone else?

Eric 

Guest A32X

I don't think FS2004 will feature any backward compatibility

You'd think that Microsoft would want to liase with the quality add-on creators, explain their plans etc. as we all know that without them (most obviously W,E,L+P) Flight Sim would leave a hell of a lot to be desired. If they planned WITH the add-on producers then compatibility would be higher and success for both would increase. Not like MS have anything to lose - us buying add-ons doesn't harm MS...Strange, well I suppose that's Micro$oft isn't it. Lex