Sign in to follow this  

FSNav plans to feed 767 PIC FMC ?

Is there a way, directly or indirectly, to transform FSNav plans and load these into the FMC ?

hi to load the flightplan of fsnav in the fmc of 767, you must export the flightplan of fsnav in fs2002 or 2000 and save it in this form for example:a flight from atlanta to los angeles it must exported and saved as KATLKLAX.after this in the line of the fmc called "coroute" you must insert the name of flight, in this case KATLKLAX REPLY PLEASE

I tried this and it did not work. I assumed that this is becuase the PIC FMC is looking for the *.pln file in another location other than FS2002/myflights. My filename was 10 characters as suggested in the manual...any comments welcome.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Mark,And I TRULY think this should be anchored or something:PIC FMC looks for the FP in: X:FS2002FMCWPFlightplansSo, put your .pln -file in there and the import to co-route should work OK.cheers,Tero

PPL(A)

Guest WorkingStiff

Paul,Assuming you've exported flight plans from FSNavigator previously, you should have a file named FlpExport.ini in the FS2002/Modules/FSNavigator/FlpExport folder. If you don't currently have this file, try exporting a sample flight plan and it will be created automatically.Once you've located the FlpExport.ini file, edit it by adding the following two lines:(FS2002) <- use square bracketsInitialDir=F:FS2002FMCWPnavdataFlightPlans You will need to edit the path in the second line to fit your installation, mine just happens to be the one shown here.After saving the FlpExport.ini file you will be able to export FSNavigator created flight plans to the correct folder. The next step would then be to import the flight plan into the FMC using the COROUTE function.Thanks to Dean_EGTC for this tip.>

Many thanks guys for your help.I am sure Ill get this done with your advice.Paul

Paul,This is the way I plan a flight now:If I'm flying in the US I'll go to one of the authentic US flight plan web sites and pick up a route from there. Otherwise, which is more often than not, I'll do what a lot of other serious simmers do and use the excellent freeware FS Build. This generally gives a much more accurate flightplan than a FS Nav generated route. It will also list the airways it uses whereas FS Nav doesn't (IMO this really should be a priority for the next FS Nav update)Ok, the sequence I run -- Place AC at dep gate- Start FS Meteo and note dep & dest winds- Start FS Build and enter appropriate RWY's (I never enter SID/STARS here. I do that is FS Nav)- Export the generated FP to FS Nav only- Open the fsn in FS Nav and enter chosen SID/STARS based on FS Meteo wx. Check the entire route for any discrepancies- Save the fsn and export to FS2002Normally I'll enter the FP into the FMC in the correct manner (using the route displayed on the FS Build clipboard) Othertimes (if there are pages of waypoints or I'm in a hurry to get into the air) I'll import the PLN to the FMC. If you choose this method you need to check the legs page very carefully for any skipped waypoints or discos.

I really have to agree with Ian on the use of FSBuild for conversion. I use FSNav to make my flight plans, IMHO there is NO better planner for the virtual world of flight planning. I save the plan and then export it to FS2002. This will save the flight plan in the .pln format in the FS2002/flights/myflights folder.Using FSBuild to ONLY convert, I use the FSBuild "import" function to get the flight plan from FS2002/flights/myflights folder, then use the FSBuild "Build" function to convert it to the PIC767 .rte format with the correct 8 character name convention (KLAXKDEN.This process of conversion may take me 30 seconds to complete and is always correct. No hickups works like a dream.Bob JohnsonDenver, CO