Sign in to follow this  
flyerboy

New 767 PIC2 Announced

Yeah, I'd forgotten all about that initial thread...there was a lengthy discussion and what appeared to be firm denial there would be a VC!Great to see there will be a VC after all!Best,Martijn

Stefan:"nice video, but disappointed to see that the VSI is not the new one with implemented TCAS (like Lee's great addition - ok, I'm sure this will be as easy to implement as in V1 - nevertheless)"Looked to me like traffic was being displayed on the ND. They didn't show any RA's so I'm not sure how that's being handled, but I would expect it to be similar to say a 744 where a "don't point here" box is drawn on the AI. Having said that, adding Lee's as an additional display can only help safety :)Man, this is gonna mess up work on getting an instrument rating when it comes out ;)

Guest sidewinder

I am having soo much difficulty downloading the video file, can some1 host it on a server please...I would appreciate it alot, I really want to see the video. Thanks.Alex

Guest Stefan Bergert

Hi!Thanks for your fast replies - you're indeed right, the TCAS seems to be implemented on the ND now (not bad, but I also like Lee's TCAS in the VSI).Concerning the refresh rate... I'm sure that the video-capture program uses quite a lot of ressources, but that's not my point.I'm not talking about the general FPS but the refresh rate of, for example, the speed-tape in VC-view. Though movements in the video are really fluid (the pushback, as example), the refresh rate of some instruments in VC-view is obviously not. This is not a big criticism because it seems to be a general problem of all add-ons for FS04 and even for the standard planes out of the box.I have never seen such a great VC until now (I'm also looking forward for PMDG's 747 on this aspect)!Best regards,Stefan

Guest sidewinder

WOW...One of the best addons ever is now even better! I am soooo excited...I hope the autumn release doesnt changeAlex

I think I just realized something here with ths video that I haven't seen mentioned - remember how there was talk of "networked" gauges that would allow two pilots to connect online and essentially fly in the same cockpit as a crew? Unless the audio of the two pilots and ATC were dubbed in after the fact, I think that's what we're watching here - two people performing a flight in the same aircraft on VATSIM. Those checklist callouts etc didn't sound canned to me like they were coming from the panel itself.EDIT - more evidence for this - in some of the VC shots you can see thigns like the MCP, flap lever etc being adjusted without being clicked on by the PC taking the video...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yeah, I was curious about that as well since especially the takeoff briefing could not be canned, the voice was too fluid when it came to specific items such as speeds and weights(?). I doubt that the developers would make prerecorded voices that doesn

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest zuurbekje

Absolutely amazing!!Great,.......just a few weeks waiting left for us "little boys"-waiting for FS-toys!!Thank you so much for all your work,Jeroen op den AkkerThe Netherlands

Guest palmers

The B767 PIC V2 will be facing a serious problem:There

Guest EISN_CONTROL

>The B767 PIC V2 will be facing a serious problem:>>There

Guest fabrytnix

I've seen the promo.I'm sorry, is a good product, but simply a good product.I've flown about 1000 hours on line with PIC 767.For a new product, with a "new" price, I was waiting for something of much much more innovative, with more realism, something like Ariane, for instance.When PIC 767 was born was absolutly an innovative product.Is, the new one, innovative like was the first one?Bye allFabrizio

Guest Murf

"I'm sorry, is a good product, but simply a good product."And you have come to this conclusion based on the short video that was released? Well done!