Sign in to follow this  
MartijnPleines

LAGO PHNL Trouble

LAGO's PHNL looks great!! However, it keeps crashing my SIM with a 3d.dll error. Anyone else having this problem?

Guest gasebah

I would say it is the breakthrough in fps versus detail that they promised us. I love it. The built in AI trffic is great especially as PAI is offering nothing for Hawaii so far. It was pretty dead there. And I love those palm trees.No dll probs for me. Thank god.Alex

ChrisNo worries.They`ll have it worked out in a month or two and a few patches later.:)Sound familiar?

Guest Rob

Hi Chris,Just drop Mathijs an e-mail and explain your problem. LAGO pride themselves on their customer support. Does that sound familiar? Not to me at least.

Now they can't do that!! We hold the rights to that operating procedure! :-lol

Guest gasebah

Sorry Ron,but I consider that post as absolutely unfair. Most of the patches have been real improvements rather than problem fixes. The last time I had a problem with a LAGO product, which by the way was caused by a scenery conflict on my rig, they did a great job supporting me for hours until we resolved the problem, which wasn't even caused by LAGO.Alex

>And they DO reply to any problem, even in weekends usually. >One of the most supportive groups out there in my humble >opinion. >> :-outta Francois :-wave Agreed!

Not experiencing any crashes. It is beautiful scenery and long overdue that someone would do my home airport justice, even the Aloha 737's taxiing out to 8L from the interisland terminal. I do have a couple artifacts with the scenery though, first, I'm getting waves washing over the taxiway on the north side of the reef runway (8R). This area is dredged, the weather in Honolulu is beautiful today, and the tidal range here is only about 1.5 ft, so I'm not sure why that's happening.Also, the palm trees look great but from some angles are distorted and fractured and some of them have square blue patches around them which look like blocks of the sky. Would be interested to know if anyone else is seeing these. Lago is super so I'm sure if these problems are being seen by others, they'll get fixed. Anyway, thanks Lago for finally doing PHNL justice, it's the 10th busiest US airport at last rating....Chris (PHNL)

Guest HeavyFan

hey there Chris! Could you tellm me if they did the Terminals Corrctly in this Add-on?? As I live On Oahu also and would like to know how or if they got this Airport scenery to replicate the real AIrport? As I have been waiting for a HNL Intl add-on for so long I want to know if the airport is like the real one? like placement of the Gates Docks and parking, also if the Interisland terminal is in the right place?? among other things! SO PLEASE let me know form a fellow hawaii resident! Before i purchase this scenry, or post some shots of the areas in the SS Forum Thank's Man MIKE-:)

Mike, As best I can tell, the terminal layout is correct. I've never been able to post a screenshot, but there are some of them already in the SS forum. They have the interisland terminal done fairly well, including the Hawaiian and Aloha hangars and the international terminal. It's not 100% perfect, but I'd recommend the scenery. The only things I've found so far that I am bringing to Lago's attention are that I get waves washing over the mauka side taxiway on the reef runway at the western end, and the interisland terminal is set on a hill that isn't there which makes the gates about 60 off the ground. I don't have any Hawaii terrain mesh, so I'm not sure why this is happening, but there is definitely an elevation discrep somewhere. I'm confident that Lago will fix it, however. If you live here and fly in and out a lot in FS, I'd recommend the scenery.chris (PHNL)

>I do have a couple artifacts with the scenery though, first, >I'm getting waves washing over the taxiway on the north side>of the reef runway (8R).Unfortunatly there seems to be no way to move (or remove) the waves from the default position. We even had to move some parts of the scenry a few feet to reduce this problem. Although we will keep looking at the problem we see no immediate cure.>Also, the palm trees look great but from some angles are >distorted and fractured and some of them have square blue >patches around them which look like blocks of the sky. That's a new one for me. Can you send me a shot? and some details on your graphics pipe?Mathijs

>LAGO's PHNL looks great!! However, it keeps crashing my SIM >with a 3d.dll error. Anyone else having this problem? Not as far as I know Chris. Of course that does not mean we shouldn't help you fix the problem. I am probably going to release a new build this afternoon as there were a couple of other small issues to fix (some untextured buildings we decided to texture after all, some fixes to the manual).Can you give me more details on the problem? Is there a special location it happens? We might have a problem at the crossing of taxi A and L, is the problem located there?Mathijs KokLAGO

Guest HeavyFan

Thank's for the Info Chris!! And I do fly alot out of HNL in FS2002!! So I may just pick this scenery up!! Do you know if i can purchase this scenery by mail?? As I do not have any credit card's, but i can get a postal money order to send?? Or is there somone i can contact about this?? Thanks again for the Info Chris! MIKE-:)