Sign in to follow this  
MartijnPleines

LAGO PHNL Trouble

What is you suggestion if no other mesh is being used????

What is my suggestion? Did you not read my first post on what to do?I have not tried PHNL with default terrain mesh, just with Orlando's mesh. If that don't work, who knows?

Eric 

To make long line of messages even longer:-)I just wanted to let you know the status of the open issues and what we have learned about them (they ARE rather complex). First of all the information that Umberto is on a short break until the 28th so we'll probably see a fix soon after he returns.1) G3 errors, lockups etc. These were all solved in Service Pack 1.2) The transparency problem on the palms. It is obvious Gmax is much more sopecific in this aspect than old style scenery, this surprised us btw and it was not seen in the betatests. As far as we can see it only happens a rather small group of users so this indicates that it it has something to do specific to their machines. Issues like drivers, graphics cards and DirectX come to mind. To make matters worse, we have not been able to reproduce this on our lab systems. I spend 6 hours trying different cards, drivers and FS settings but I did not see it. We'll probably redo these trees and see if that solves it.3) the 'hill' at the west end of the airport. This one is even weirder. It certainly is Gmax related as well. I do believe it 'can' happen on all systems and I know it is related to the mesh. As soon as the mesh is reloaded (for example by any change of the terrain mesh density setting) the problem is gone. The hill is not there without the scenery and is not affected by the flatten switch/ visibility etc. I personally believe it could be related to the helipad.4) There is an almost unreported issue around the AI Traffic. A Dash 6 is called from the file but it is not there. This was caused by a fault in the installer (my personal failure btw). Mathijs KokLAGO

Thanks Mathijs :-)Perhaps we should lock this thread and open a new one if the need arises ? :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest HeavyFan

SO Mathijs, are u guy's gonna fix the "HILL: problem soon, since you have kin of an Idea as what the problem is?? I sure hope so! Thank's fo all your hard work looking into the problems we have with your scnery! By the way i do not have any weird tree problems like some others! MIKE-:)

>SO Mathijs, are u guy's gonna fix the "HILL: problem soon, >since you have kin of an Idea as what the problem is?? ABSOLUTELY... I have to say we did not expect this sort of problems, even when using a new technology like Gmax. We have found some elements where the documentation (whatever there was) did not match what we say, but even so.... But it will be fixed. And this is not LAGO talking, this is me talking. I take the responsability of my department in LAGO very serious and very personal.Mathijs

>Perhaps we should lock this thread and open a new one if the >need arises ? H*ll no... what's the recond a message thread reached on Avsim? We are aiming for the record!I have found this messages VERY helpfull. It gave customers the option to let me know what they see and it gave me the option to let them know what we were doing about it. All in the open, just like me want it to be.Mathijs

Guest HeavyFan

Hey Gald to hear you have a Fix in the Work's!! This is my first Lago purchase and porduct ever!! So The Customer support so far is really good! So keep up the great work, and will wait for the fix to come soon!! Also could you look into some of the Statci scenery like some Baggage cars and tugs are in the Pathway to the Gates! A Minor problem but maybe an update to make them out of the way of the Gates parking would be nice! Thank's Again MIKE-:)

:-lol I'll leave it be, Mathijs, I was just thinking it is a lot of scrolling each time when i come here..... but then again, nobody is as mad as me, logging in 50 times a day ;-)Well, perhaps we could move the LAGO support forum to AVSIM ? ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

We could relieve some pressure on AVSIM and go over to the Lago forum but then again they obviously don't want us to do that BECAUSE they won't send you a password........

DJ:Relax, I got my PW for the Lago forum in about a day.

Maybe it takes longer to get to Oz.... I have been waiting for a week on two seperate emails, 1 at work and 1 at home. Maybe I should check my letter box!!!

Try again? How come you logged with another account?

>Maybe it takes longer to get to Oz.... I have been waiting >for a week on two seperate emails, 1 at work and 1 at home. >Maybe I should check my letter box!!! That's exactly why I am helping people here and not asking you to move the question to the forum on our site.It's August and it is VERY hard to get anything done in August in Italy. The whole country goes into vacation mode and our provider who handles these things is going with them. I written some stiff emails about that but even those are met with stunning silence:-)Mathijs

Mathijs,As this is THE place were alot of simmers get all their info and files from, any chance you guys can get with the AVSIM people and open a LAGO support forum here? With PHNL and Emma Field, I imagine it would be a very good place for everyone to get the needed info from.One more question. Does Lago have any other airports like what you did with PHNL in the works?Thanks

Eric