Sign in to follow this  
Ericson

SB problem - hard to solve

hi ,i was using SB witout any problems for half year... but today i've experienced some hard to solve problem Ok - so procedure is usual: creating multi session in FS -> sb host -> sbox -> search -> join - everything is working fine but when i'm switch back to Fs and open "host options" there is no Sqawkbox " player " in multi. session. The result is lack of messages from SB diplayed on green tape and also when SB tries to add plane i get error ( picture atteched below )i'm using win xp pro with firewall off , fsuipc 2.92 , fs2002 pro :-zhelp regardsEricson

I don't have XP so you have to take this with a grain of salt. If it was me I'd be looking at DirectX. It sounds like something isn't right with the DirectPlay module. Reinstalling DirectX would be my next move.Mike

ok - but in xp you cannot just uninstal directx - i've recently instaled CFS 3 and i just saw that i have 8.2 ( not 8.1 as in xp without sp1 ) version - and after instalation of CFS 3 my problems begun :-(

CFS3 seems to install a new version of DirectX (8.2?)I noticed that FSNavigator's multiplayer connect is broken after I installed CFS3 too.P

yep - you have right - all went wrong after instalation of CFS 3 i have to reinstall the system to get back to online flying cfs 3 is a mess and it also messing my computerEricson

HiThe error is made by SB when after joinning Multiplayer session it tries to add a player to the game. I don't know how SB multiplayer was programmed but this is usually the third stage on multiplayer connection.As far I can tell SP1 upgrades from 8.1 to 8.1b and CFS 3 upgrades to 8.2 (it seems only has changes on multiplayer). Maybe your problem is the lack of SP1 between both versions. It shouldn't be a problem but one nevers knows.Or maybe it's time for a system restore.Jos

This happened to me too after installing CFS3. Hopefully, someone will have a fix for this soon.Later,Chris

Got it here as well after installing CSF3... Anyone have any thoughts?George

Had the same problem, installed dx9 beta....all is well again.Ron

Tried the MS site, can't get the Directx9 beta... Where did you download it from?George

Ok found it, and it worked! So, looks like DX 8.2 breaks fs2k2 multiplayer, and DX9 beta has fixed it.Thanks for the answer Ron!George