Sign in to follow this  
Guest groundpounder75

WANTED: Research Participants (Microsoft)

Hi Etienne, I dont know either, but I told them I would be interested even though I didnt live in any of the cities they listed. I live in Des Moines, which I would be interested in going to Chicago, St. Louis or Kansas City. I just want to be able to give them my input.Craig

Guest mikehaska

I think it would have been nice to talk to people in other countries. I have a few words for them about the empty wasteland of Pearson, and the fact that PEI is under water.

Unbalanced survey for a worldwide sim.Peter Sydney Australia

Etienne,Essentially, they said that as long as you're an enthusiast and you're willing to pay your own way to get to one of those locations, you might be chosen.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

That's right!Pearson really lacks, well everything. How come us Canucks keep getting the shaft when it comes to this sim anyways? For crying out loud Pottageville, Ontario (it's about 15 nm north of Pearson)has more detail to it than they gave Pearson; and it's a 2,000ft strip! I hope some lucky resident of the Great White North can get on this MS thing and voice a word or two for us.And that flickering ramp texture thing, they shoulda caught that in the beta....CF-AOA

That's how I read it too. Sadly (for the rest of the world) that will leave out most of the world in the survey.I can understand why MS decided on this though. Those are probably areas where members of the FS development team live, flying them all over the world would be prohibitively expensive.

Sound promising, but MS really seems to forget that the world consists of much more than the US ...But as we are all one FS comunity our American fellows might discuss problems an suggestions which concern all simmers!Toby

You all feel about this like I feel about Wilco and other payware scenery companies modeling one or two American airports out of 5 that are released with a package. I would really like to see everyone be happy, but I think its too big of a task honestly....or at least for a sim that has a turnaround of 2 years for each new release. I dont think its possible, or practical for MS to model the entire world with any type of accuracy everyone will be happy with.Craig

Don't get in a fizz guys. I live in the area and I'm not even going to apply. I live in a modest, 3-bedroom house, in a suburban neighborhood. Bill Gates, and the majority of Microsoft's management, live in mega-million mansions. They own airplanes, yachts, and ride around in limos. I drive to work in a $9600 Chevy. Yet they want me to give up my time, for nothing, and even pay for my own transportation fees to get there. Just so Microsoft can make another billion off of FS200x and Bill Gates can add another wing to his mansion. Sorry, but when Microsoft says "Bend over and smile, we got something for you" I say "No thanks" and walk away.Mike Stone

Hi Mike,You got it right on the spot there !!!I agree with you 100% ! :-)I sure got both money and time to go there myself, but why should I ? And beleive me, the person who goes to that meeting won

Staffan

Hi Mike,I think your view on Microsoft Corporate and the Microsoft Flight Simulator Team might be a bit confused, skewed and certainly in error.I know many of the folks on the MS Flight Sim team and I can tell you for certain that they dont drive around in limos or live in mega-million dollar mansions. They are regular Joes that get paid fairly for their efforts but just happen to be working on something they love to do. Gee, a lot like what you, I and many other people embrace with this hobby. But they get paid for it. As for me, I would bet many think the same of me as well.You wanna know what I drive Mike? a 1992 Ford work van.Value of around 1200.00 bucks. Geez, I would just like to get the bathroom finished off let alone add a "new wing" on.But your perception of the MSFS team? Way off. And a billion dollars off of FS? I wish that were true. Than I would have that yacht and the new wing...Of course, I would probably still drive my old van around :-) Its a guy thing.... :-)Regards,Jim Rhoads

Whoa there Jim, you better read my post again. I never mentioned or even implied any member of the MSFS team. As with any company, Microsoft has thousands of grunts in the trenches, just trying to make a living. What I said exactly was, "Bill Gates, and the majority of Microsoft's management". If you think those boys live on petty wages you better visit Bill's mansion. I have (the outside anyway). These are the people that reap the insane profits that Microsoft rakes in, and one of the reasons that they make those insane profits is that they never pass up an opportunity to stick it to the little guy. Bottom line, they want us to give up our time, at our expense to enhance their profits. I recently participated in a marketing research effort by a music publishing company. Over 100 people took part. They came to us (in a local motel) and it was held in the evening so we didn't have to miss work. They served drinks and refreshments and they payed every one of us $20 an hour for our time. Why did they do all this? Because they realized that what we were doing was for THEIR benefit.Mike Stone

> Bottom line, >they want us to give up our time, at our expense to enhance >their profits. The bottom line is....................... you're jealous and it shows. You've drawn a distinct line between "grunts" and "management", when infact many "grunts" become management if they think more than a grunt mentality.At least Microsoft DOES produce REAL profits & jobs, which is a lot more than numerous other high profile companies did in the last few years.L.Adamson ------- still thinking how to get a real Citation X!!