Sign in to follow this  
jkeye

V-Sky separation line in the sky

after installing FS SkyWorld SE 2.3 and using Chris's recommendations for FSUIPC settings at 40,000' for V-Sky I now have a disctinctive line across the sky separating V-Sky's gorgeous deep blue sky and FS's normal blue sky.does anyone know a way to smooth this line out so that its not so apparent? ....maybe another setting in FSUIPC?thxchris

Sorry I can't help and this is a problem I have also. It is driving me nuts. As it is not widely reported, I am suspecting that it may be a videocard/driver issue.I also get a (not so) distinctive line if there are two different cloud layers. No offence to Chris as I really admire his work, but I am finding that as I start to install more and more addons, my pc is developing little quirks that are harder to track down. I much prefer manual installations.Off this particular topic I know, but the latest two wierd things for me is that I have now lost all my runway and parking start points throughout Europe and everytime I end FS2002 I appear to have a new file in the main directory (without an extension) but all of them 304kb in size and now there are hundreds of them!With 9 GIGS in total, a reinstall is not my prefered option.Dave B

Hi, Well if you have read the V-sky readme, this is only an alternative option and always added an stratus or cirrus clouds layers below, and select an smoother sky color, you can lower the the v-sky altitude.Anyways in Fs there is always in line to the horizon with all high level clouds, because of fs team in beta was not interested in weather at all and they don't care.Just remove the blue sky, disable in FSUIPC the V-sky and you will have the fs2k2 default sky color. OrDownload the Default cirrus overcast, copy the files to the fs2002texture Available here:http://fsw.simflight.com/FSkySe.htmlThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest captbulldog

Chris, don't be mad. A study shows that only 33% of the population read the readme, so as a developer you can pretty much be sure that your readme won't get read by all.

Hi, I am not mad at all, it is interesting about the 33% of the population don't read at all, now this can be even worst how many user never use the search here at avsim for previous post, maybe 90%. From the release of MsFs, I have seen at least 40% of repetitive post if not more.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest jase439

First: Learn to use the search button in these forumsSecond: Learn to use the search button in these forumsYour V-Sky altitude only needs to be as high as your intended flight plan. The lower your V-Sky altitude, the less pronounced your "cloud line" will appear to you.Choose a lighter shade of V-Sky. You'll get better color blending this way. The more contrast you have, the more pronounced the "cloud line" will become.Adding a mid-level stratus layer (Broken 5/8 or more) can go a long ways towards helping you blend the colors.If you're using an automated weather program, you'll have no control over cloud layers, so the best advice is to lower your V-Sky ceiling as low as possible. Reducing your visibility somewhat will also tend to "fog" that line out if you can get the V-Sky "cloud line" close to the horizon.Last, but not least, ditch V-Sky altogether and stick with blaise MS blue ;-)J

Hi,ive got a method of smoothing out the transition between the dark sky and the default sky, but its n ot using Chris's version of vsky though :-)Ive been doin this for a while now actually....it involves using a cirrus texture, i use overcast, then painting the texture a dark rich blue....then using a texture programs, i add an alpha channel, of say around, 32, almost transparent, then i save the file as a dxt3 format....then what i do is use around 5 layers of this texture 3 seperated by 1500ft and 2 by 3000ft, and voila an almost smooth representation of a darker sky.....here is a pic to show you what i mean...Professa

Man! Thats awesome. is that something that can be uploaded?Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Hi, "5 layers of this texture 3 seperated by 1500ft and 2 by 3000ft" It's look good but, 5 layers of clouds is way to much, you will not able to use real weather with any 3rd party generator, this is why I have only use one layers. It can be good if you are not using real weather, for fictious weather.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi Chris,There isnt any actual performance hit, because u are so far away from the clouds and they are the cirrus layer clouds.And ive had flawless results up till now... :-)i can even send u a situation, with the file so you can check it out if you want.... just lemme know if your interestedmy mail is:professa_x@hotmail.comRegards,Professa

Hi, The problem is you are using 5 layers, or even 3 is too much make non compatible for real weather this is my point, before I was thinking to do this but quickly forget about this because of the amount of layer using.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi Chris its me again, ;-)not to start sounding argumentative, but i actually dont use real weather so i am not certain abut its functionality.But what i do know is that i just tested fs2k2 with 13 cloud layers, the 5 cirrus for the blue sky, and 8 cumulus layers with depths of about 1500 ft....and it still works... :-)I didnt test with higher numbers but i would like to believe he limit is 15 or 20 layers at the highest...And i do not want to believe that real weather limits you to 5 layers, cus then i know that that woudlnt be very realistic...Can you please shed some light on this?Thanks in advance,Professa

Guest Edam

>And i do not want to believe that real weather limits you to >5 layers, cus then i know that that woudlnt be very >realistic... Maybe I missed something, but why don't you just try it with real weather, Professa?

ProfessaPlease tell me which aircraft you were flying.I like the wing viewsTHXJK

Hi, "And i do not want to believe that real weather limits you to 5 layers, cus then i know that that woudlnt be very realistic..."For not waisting time in this. Yes the real weather is limited, you will not able to used at all, the real weather will erase all your layers. Again this is why did not try to do thats for totally 0% compatible result.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis