Sign in to follow this  
Guest Callmecapt

New Version of ActiveSky - In Final Development!

Guest Callmecapt

Great news Damian. Sounds like it'll be one brilliant addition to FS.Question: What about any news on FS10 and whether it will have advanced weather, if it's even in development?Is it at all possible to implement ASV as an upgrade to AS 2004.5 or will it be a completely stand alone product?RegardsGoran

Guest mkuebeler

Based on my experience with AS2004 I'll be purchasing this the day it is released. :)Mark Kuebeler

Great news! Congrats on teaming up with Chris. His dedication to quality and technical support is matched only by your own.Best,Vic BaronVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest FPEMiller

Well this should be real interesting.... just when I thought things couldn't get any better. I have been real happy with the last two versions (175, 182).Question: It sounds like this next version might(?) be replacing the weather modeling engine in FS; where ASV not just tell FS what the enhanced weather is, but it will model the weather and display it using AE. Is this a correct assumption?Thanks for the great workMK

I wonder if this new version might (or might not) be compatible with any potential new version of FS that might (or might not) be announced soon, sometime in the future or never? :-hah :-lol

This will be offered at an upgrade price for existing customers right? I mean everything was working well now and there is a few good addons to this new version plus the fact that Chris joined was a very good idea as well. But if this is a new stand alone product all we are doing is starting all over again. In my opinion it made me feel like a beta tester for this new version. Just my 2 cents! I wont talk about fs10 as i don't think it will even be out this year so thats not a problem.Anyway can we have an approximate month of release or season?Keep up the good work, activesky is the best addon for fs9!!

Joe,I don't usually write many posts, but GOOD GRIEF MAN ... these people have provided 150% support and many many many updates over the life of AS4 ... can't even remember when I bought the original. I believe they have the right to charge for a new release ... it is customary in the software biz ... in which I have worked most of my life, to charge for new version releases ... (and some even charge for "dot" releases).These guys deserve to have some compensation for ALL OF THEIR HUGE EFFORT AND SUPPORT of our hobby.While I certainly respect your opinion, I do think it's not unreasonable to expect to pay for a product that is "a new version."My 2 cents.Paul BenoitKSAN

This all sounds pertty cool. I'd love to have FSW and AS all rolled into one, but I'm a little miffed if I have to pay full price again. I just bought AS2004.5 about 3 weeks ago. I would have held off if I knew about AS2005. I'm not angry or anything as I like AS2004.5 just fine. But, I hope I don't have to spend another 40 some off dollars for a newer version.Although, this new thing does sound pretty cool. I don't know how I got along without AS until now.. :-)Dondo

Paul i agree but would there be an upgrade price, i mean some people just bought activesky so why would you want to spend another 40$ nobody would. Of course unless someone has money to blow.

Howdy,I'm a fairly recent member of the happy family of AS users too. For me the decision to upgrade or not will definitely depend on the price tag in relation to the new features. The new AS engine features sound great (I fly gliders frequently) but I'd definitely want to have more detailed information on the difference between the freeware version of Chris' wonderful textures and the version that will become part of AS Version 5.In the meantime, all the best with finishing up the new version and congrats to Chris for joining a great team!Cheers, Holger

Guest bigun

Been using Active Sky since the original. I'll gladly pay full pop for version 5. The work and support that these guys give is fantastic. I'm happy to support their efforts.

Well, believe it or not, I'm still using Activesky wxRE in FS9. I was thinking seriously of purchasing AS 2004, but now I think I'll hold off till AS 5 is available.I certainly have no qualms about buying anything from Hifisim. They are absolutely top notch in every way, most notably their support. I was a member of the wxRE beta team and really enjoyed it, but didn't have a suitable machine to run AS 2004 when it was being developed.I'm curious about system requirements for AS 5. I'm currently running wxRE on a P 3/1ghz using WideFS to connect it to my P4 3ghz FS machine through my network. Will this be a suitable setup for AS 5?KP

Guest Paul Heaney

Be happy to purchase as an upgrade here too.