Sign in to follow this  

Guest JSPuonti

Will ASV6 still require a restart of FS2004 when texture sets are changed, or will it be able to switch cloud and other textures on the fly as weather conditions change?

Hi Janne,Cirrus yes change during the flight like before, Fs 2004 engine does not allow us to change the "3d clouds texture" during the flight. There is more entries now for the IGS, more detailed.In previous AE, there was only 1000 clouds and limited with clouds manipulation and result graphics. Now there is overs 500 000 clouds for the first release, full control of the clouds looking, contains all resolution and a very low download size all included, compare to gigs like before.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hey, I was wondering if maybe you guys could allow a feature that would let us users submit the textures to the sim prior to loading the sim. Let me explain.My procedure to get ICS, goes as follows:1. Import Flight Plan2. Process Flight Plan and Nav Log3. Hit Refresh (to get weather data and ICS textured submitted to sim -ASV options are set not to load until sim is ready)4. Start FS95. Allow weather to process in sim and AI resetWould it be possible to get a submit textures for ICS/IGS button prior to refreshing and downloading server data twice?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest JSPuonti

Thanks Chris!Another question popped to my mind as I checked the ASV v6 site - it seems you now require .Net for the ActiveSky Graphics component. My question is this: has ASG been tested on Windows x64 and .net 2.0 and verified to work as it should and without problems?

Hello,"Now there is overs 500 000 clouds for the first release, full control of the clouds looking, contains all resolution and a very low download size all included, compare to gigs like before"Is it possible to have these clouds sorted by "impact on the FPS"?Low impact up to heavy impact ?So that we can take in account the performances of our system?Thanks in advance

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

what about for people like me who don't want all those choices but just want what looks most realistic? will there be an all automatic selection of the best sky, clouds, etc for that time and weather?

Hi Alex,You can do everything you want.-You can select your own clouds before the flight. -You can include your favorite SkyClouds in the random list selection, your best cloudsskyenvironment list will be always used in the sim.-You can also start ASV by a Theme saved, this contains, your best sky color, best clouds, best environment, each time asv will start, it will select these theme by random or a single theme if needed.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

>Is it possible to have these clouds sorted by "impact on the>FPS"?>Low impact up to heavy impact ?The most important impact on performance are cloud options (DXT, 512/256, etc). Also the amount of clouds has direct impact on performance. It would be impossible to say that for example Cumulus #1 is somehow worse than Cumulus #2. Therefore such sorting would be meaningless.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

1)I did not see it in the screenshots of the interface for ASV6 but will it have the "ICS+Random Sky/Env" option like ASV-E currently has? 2)What I want is the most realistic look of what it currently is real-world in my FS sim world. I have an always on online connection so I can get updates every 10 inutes. What do I select to get this with ASV6? Thanks

Eric 

Thanks Chris and patrick for the help. Michael, I agree, but I mean like certain sky backgrounds depending on the time of year, weather, etc. And some options for certain clouds depending on the weather as well.

Guest pilot_guru

>Another question popped to my mind as I checked the ASV v6>site - it seems you now require .Net for the ActiveSky>Graphics component. My question is this: has ASG been tested>on Windows x64 and .net 2.0 and verified to work as it should>and without problems?Hi Janne,In answer to your question - Yes! ASv6 works as it should and without problems on Win x64 with .net 2.0Dave