Sign in to follow this  
Guest touradg morassaei

IN MEMORIAM: Bill Morad

I just received word that Bill Morad has died last night from a heart attack.For those of you that didn't know him:Bill was very active in flightsimming, and contributed a lot of freeware gauges and other stuff to the flightsim community.He was a great guy, always willing to help others.My sincery condolances go to his wife, other family and all his friends.I'm really lost for words.......Rob Barendregt

Guest crashing_pilot

omg....my thoughts are with his family....i've enjoyed his fine work more than once....god bless you all..

I can recall his name, but don't really remember from where... :-hmmm Sad news indeed :'( although I didn't know him personally.In these moments you still see there's a reality out there... I just hope you all don't forget that.My condolences and thoughts with him and his family,Etienne

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Bad news shining over the Christmas celebration. Bill steps into another live but his former one will never be forgotten. All my wishes are with his family.Matthias Lieberecht

This picture i composed when our chief-instructor died.It is only a variation off the well known submariners song.Perhaps not completely right, but this was the only thing i could think off.I hope that Bill's family will find consolation in the belief, that he now is with his Heavenly Father.Janhttp://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v4...75aouncN_th.jpg

Guest Heather 636

I just received an email today regarding this from a close friend of the family. I had just talked to Bill a few days ago when he informed me that he was not feeling well. I had hoped it was just a flu bug that has been going around lately and wished him well and a speedy recovery. You can well understand my shock upon learning of this latest development.Bill was a great help to me with the Grumman Duck project, doing 90% or more of the work with the instrument panel and a few custom gauges.My heart goes out to his wife Patti and my prayers are with her and his family.Best wishes to you Bill. I know that in your new life, those around you will benefit from your friendliness and willingness to help others. We shall miss you.Sincerely,Heather

I too am deeply saddened by Bill's death. I just received an e-mail from him several days ago. He had said he was not feeling well but I never realized that it was that serious. I received an e-mail announcing his passing from a close friend. The following are the arrangements and family wishes:"Bill Past away last night from heart problems. His wife Patti asked me to check his email address book and to pass on to everyone Bill has died.His service will be on Saturday down in Florida. Billhas requested to be cremated. From Florida his remains will be taken to Lake Tahoe for final resting. Patti has requested that instead of flowers please find a needy family and make a donation to them. Bill would want it that way. He was a very giving person."Bill helped me with many gauge designs. The best of which was his ATC gauge. I posted a message asking if such a gauge was possible and Bill designed one in record time. It, along with many of his other excellent gauges, are posted here at Avsim.Bill worked with Heather, myself, and the other members of The Duck Design Group in the Duck project. His designs were excellent. His friendship over the last year will be sadly missed by me and all of the FS community, which he so loved. My deepest condolences to Patti, his wife, and any other family members.We'll all miss you Buddy!

I have been in transit across the country and just saw this sad news.I contacted Bill after he came out with his atc gauge and asked if I could include it in the B33 Debonair-not only did he did he readily give his permission, but he redrew the gauge several times so that it would fit into the panel-all on short order.Although I knew him only from this brief interaction his generous and giving spirit was readily apparent. Even though I knew him only from a few emails I feel that I and the flight sim world have suffered the loss of a good friend tonight.Best wishes and prayers to his family from mine.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.jpg

My condolences to his family and friends. Not a great thing at this time of the year. If I may ask, how old was he?Hornit

This is very sad news indeed. Bill was a very kind and generous person, and his contributions will live on. In fact, every time someone hears a sound from an XML gauge, it is quite likely that they will do so only because Bill provided the means to do so through his C++ k_event traps that he designed for us XML gauge programmers.A novena of masses will be offered for the repose of his soul here at St. Gregory House. All of my fellow monks and I are indebted to Bill for his generous gifts of talent and time.I can only smile though, when I think of Bill Morad and Gerry May (another FS fanatic who died nearly a year ago from a massive coronary also) playing endless games of flightsim... with no blurries, no BSOD's, and 10000 fps... :)

Guest touradg morassaei

God bless you.you are in our hearts for ever.