Sign in to follow this  
Guest gooneyrider

C47 expansion pack

Guest gooneyrider

Thank you to all the MAAM team for this package and, more generally, all your products. I've been a real fan and MAAM addict for a while now, really keen on the B25 and DC3, thought the Gooney bird remains my favorite.As a grand-son of a June 6th veteran, I just want to thank you for this package and all it brings up in mind to me. I'm looking forward to get your next bird. I wish the FS community had more people like you, creating fantastic add-ons and restoring genuine and awesome war-birds.The only regret I have is to have been unable to come and join you for the MAAM airshow (Europe sounds sometimes so far away! lool) but wish to come and meet you soon.Thanks again..and see you soon.Best regards,

Phil, I was at the show on staurday and bought the DC3 expansion. I dont mind buying it over again to help the museum. It is fantastic, the C47's look so good and fly as well as the oringinal. Get it when it comes out as I am sure you will. Andrew

Guest bobdawkins

Great package, but I wish paratroopers folded up their silks when they land,he,he, its very good how they stay visible until they actually touch the ground, Question?, how did you get screen shot of multiple aircraft dropping, was it with multiplayer?, and can I do the same if I do it like you would AI aircraft on the same flightplan, and also could you please tell me, why you can't see para drop from tower view, is this something to do with the way FS9 is made up?, Great anyway, with all the animations, etc. Thanks for the time you all spent on such a fantastic download. Yours, Bob Cambridge, United Kingdom. :-wave

Guest ogeva

Just dropped by to send the MAAM team my thanks too, great package!Now that we have the paratrooper C47s I think I must get some 'Mitle' IAF C47 pictures, these were the only operational jump by the IDF paratroopers in 1956. They jumped out of C47s of course.

Thanks, gentlemen, for the very kind words, on behalf of the whole hard-working MAAM-SIM team of developers and testers. It's comments like these that make it all worthwhile. This has been a very special project for all of us and we feel very strongly about honoring the brave men of the USAAF and RAF Troop Carrier Commands as well as all the Allied paratroopers who dropped into France 61 years ago today.At the WW2 Weekend Show I was privileged to meet and talk to a number of veterans of WW-II. One of these was a mortar section sergeant with the 82nd Airborne who told me how they got their stick of 18 men out the Skytrain's door in ten seconds, complete with their mortar tubes, base plates, bipods, and all the rest of the gear. He said the mortar rounds were dropped separately and they never did find them.I'll be putting up a PR soon to report on the show and hope all of you get a chance to join us next year. Mark and I were delighted to meet several denizens of this forum and I want to apologize to them for not being able to spend more time shooting the breeze. Seems I was constantly being pulled away by the demonsration and the customers. Hope you guys enjoyed the show.We actually did have four of our guys multi-fly while our very talented videographer, Erich Berner, shot a wonderful D-Day tribute film for us, all while flying one of the C-47s. Check it out along with three other EB MAAM-SIM DC-3 films at the Cineplex http://www.airsidetv.com/flightsim/Thanks, Erich. Fabulous work!Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest NathanT24

Hey Bill you guys did great,if you check the screenshot forums I sort of did a tribute with the cemetary and C-47. Keep up the good work and some weekend I plan to fly up to go to the MAAM and hopefully you guys will be there because I want to meet all of the talent behind this series. And the next thing I plan to buy is Briefing Time!

Guest kennethg

Let me add to the kudos, a great expansion. Thanks particularly for including the RAF and the Parachute Regiment, both are so often forgotten over here on this side the pond. In particular, thank you for including the Dakota of FltLt David Lord (VC). Far too few people know of him and his exploits.One question: I've noticed the two Dakotas fly at a noticably higher fuselage angle than the American C-47's (and all the other MAAM-Sim DC-3's). All quips about British snobbery aside, is this intentional?I'm not aware of any major differences between the Dakota and the C-47 that would make the Dakota fly 3-5 degrees more nose-up than the C-47, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.Thanks again for an excellent and educational add-on.

>One question: I've noticed the two Dakotas fly at a noticably>higher fuselage angle than the American C-47's (and all the>other MAAM-Sim DC-3's). All quips about British snobbery>aside, is this intentional?I'm not aware of any major>differences between the Dakota and the C-47 that would make>the Dakota fly 3-5 degrees more nose-up than the C-47, but>that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.There should be no difference, Ken, as they use the same files as the USAAF birds. Are you flying FS2004 or FS2002? Once you advise, we'll double check just in case some rogue entry has got into the works at the copy and paste stage. Haven't seen the problem myself in either FS2004 or FS2002 .. not yet, anyway!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest kennethg

I believe the answer to my question is in the "Severe nose-up trim needed for climb" topic. I compared the .cfg files between the C-47 and the Dakota and when they proved to be identical, I concluded that the .air file must be in error. Once the right .air file was copied to the Dakotas, they were all identical. Thanks for the outstanding support, I have never encountered a better group of FS2004 developers anywhere.By the way, extra kudos for the formation lights. I flew the Dakota last night and over the channel they looked wonderful. It's amazing those pilots ever got there at all. Also, excellent job on the British Para's; within the resolution limits, you guys got the look of the Para's correct, more than I had expected. I re-enact a British Para (which is why I liked the Dakota so much) and I really like how you made them look in FS2004.

Well, by now you will have read that the issue with the RAF birds is the wrong air file in them. Just copy one from an American C-47 and all will e well.I'm glad you liked the formation lights. I wanted those badly after reading some personal narratives by Troop Carrier Pilots. We'll never know what it was really like trying to hold formation in a V of V's through clouds and flak with only those dimmed down blue lights to guide you.Say, Ken, how would you like to be part of the next upgrade? While at WW2 Weekend we contacted the E Company 2/506 PIR "Band of Brothers" re-enactors and one of them posed for us in ull jump gear, inclding face paint. We'll be using the photos to improve the next iteration of the jump effect. We were looking for a British Para to do the same. If you are interested, let me know and I'll tell you exactly what sort of shots we need. Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Bill and MAAM Sim Team,After installing and flying your C-47 package, I'd like to say, "Thanks!" :)Ken

Guest kennethg

Sure thing; tell me what you need and I could get several guys in full kit for photos, if needed. I'm posting a picture of three of us (I'm on the left) at the Chino, CA, airshow. I also do an RAF Flight Lieutenant. If you want to email me, I am "kglaze" at san.rr.com.

Hi Ken,Super! What we would need is just one jumper - it's all done with single images. The 101st guys suited up two, also, but we could only choose one. Give us full length shots, both profile and facing the camera in these positions:Hooked up. (The static line can be drawn in, so just hold your hand on the imaginary hook overhead.)Door positionExit position Chute starting to openChute fully openLanding positionWe may not be able to use all the shots, it depends on how detailed the animation can be.Here's the guy who did our American poses. He has 70 jumps with the Army when he's not re-enacting, so you can bet he knows his stuff.http://www.avsim.com/~maamdev/maam14.jpgLet me know if you have any questions, and thanks. If this works out, Dak pilots will be dropping you all over the world.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

I should add to Bill's comments that the pictures need to be full length ... what you see above is a detail from one of the full length pictures we took at the MAAM weekend.Thanks for anything you might come up with! We'll use it if we can!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg