Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Nicholson KMFR

back to IFR after cancelling

hi alldoes somebody know how you can get back IFR controll after your IFR flight was cancelled? i have seen this problem already in an other forum but i don't kwow where.thank's alot for answeres.markus

Guest KenG

Call flight service (FSS) and re-file. ;-)As far as FS is concerned, there is no answer other than fly VFR. Once your flight plan is cancelled, you have no recourse. Just try not to get it cancelled.

Good old M$, "as real as it gets"...40,000ft & VFR :-lol

Though not "as real as it gets" you could pause the sim, and create a flight plan from a nearby airport to your current location to your final destination. Some say this works, I haven't tried yet. Another suggestion is to save your current flight during the different stages of flight, before takeoff, at top of climb, at waypoints, etc. At least this way you won't have to start from the beginning. Hope this helps.Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Guest DanWalloch

Every now and then I accidentally hit the canel ifr option and then a select the abort cancel ifr option to remain on my flight plan. But then no one talks to me again. I can do whatever I want without ATC yelling at me.

I have done what Dave Vega suggested and it does work. Not real but it gets you back to IFR.Andrew

Call me a defender of MSFS (gladly) but concerning your statement "as real as it gets"...40,000ft & VFR "...As a pilot you can do anything you want. You may not have your license when you land....but that is another story. The regs state in class A airspace "Unless otherwise authorized , all persons must operate their aircraft under IFR ". The "otherwise authorized" indicates that you could be "authorized". There is also a dme requirement for flight above 24,000 msl when Vor are needed for navigation in class A airspace. If a simmer is flying an aircraft without an operating dme above 24,000 would that also in similar logic reflect negatively on MSFS's reality when the pilot has violated this rule-or would the pilot's poor decision making be responsible?My aircraft has a certified ceiling of 19,000 ft. I could fly it to this altitude vfr if I wished-if its' ceiling was higher I could go even higher vfr if I wished. I would have plenty of consequences to face after landing. However-the fault would rest entirely with me and my decision making. Therefore I would submit flying at 40,000 ft. and vfr would be more a problem with the simming pilot's judgement-and not MSFS. :-)http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.jpg

I think you have to have FSUIPC option "no reposition on flight plan load" checked for this to work?scott s..

I use Pete Dowson's AutoSave module to fix problems like this. I have AutoSave configured to save automatically every 10 minutes and I can revert back to any one of 10 saved files. So I can "undo" anything up to 100 minutes prior to my current situation.This is great when your computer freezes on you, crashes, or whatever, including cancelling IFR and wanting to get it back.Check it out at http://www.schiratti.com/files/dowson/AutoSave.zipIt's free!Bruce

jerrycwo4There is an answer and David (above) was close when he said, "Another suggestion is to save your current flight during the different stages of flight, before takeoff, at top of climb, at waypoints, etc. At least this way you won't have to start from the beginning."He was on the right track the only differant you don't have to 'save' your flights at all of the points MANUALY, a great program does it for you AUTOMATICLY.....it's LAGO" FSAssist 2002 available herehttp://www.lagoonline.com/ENG/default.aspI lost my Atc on a flight yesterday and within 1 minute I had it back. This program will "save" your flights at any interval that you choose, i.e. 5 minutes, 10 minutes ect. This is only one if the great things that this little program does. I use parts of it on EVERY flight that I do. It's not free, but it's cheap.jerryPS The only 'link' that I have with LAGO is that I love and use most of their products.