Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G7USL

TU-114

I can't stop flying the Tupolev TU-114.What an excellent program it is. The sound of those 'contra-rotating' props has all the wonderful sounds of a 'heavy'. The Flight Manual also is first class.It ought to be payware, it certainly has the quality to qualify for such accolade.What do you think?All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>>"It ought to be payware,.."HEY!Please! I can't afford payware planes right now! :D If the makers of this plane wanted it to be sent out free, then I give them respect and big thanks for doing so. :)

Rick,I wasn't meaning it SHOULD be payware. I. like you am glad it isn't. I was just showing my appreciation for the amount of work that must have gone into making this program.Such is the quality, it makes some payware a robbery.All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

While I downloaded this A/C some time ago, I am now just trying to fly her since I now have the CH TQ along with the yoke and pedals. Problem I'm having though is that while the throttles are at "idle" the plane moves foward and even picks up speed. I've looked at the 'air' file using "aired" but that lists everything as "unknown". If I register the FSUIPC module, will I be able to adjust the idle thrust there to eliminate the "crawl"? Also, it seems to leave the runway quite rapidly for a large and heavy plane. Anyone else notice that? One more thing, I don't hear the gear "hit" the runway so it's diffulcult to know if the plane has touched down. Any ideas will be seriously considered and implemented. Thanks.

>While I downloaded this A/C some time ago, I am now just>trying to fly her since I now have the CH TQ along with the>yoke and pedals.> Problem I'm having though is that while the throttles are at>"idle" the plane moves foward and even picks up speed. I've>looked at the 'air' file using "aired" but that lists>everything as "unknown".> If I register the FSUIPC module, will I be able to adjust the>idle thrust there to eliminate the "crawl"?> Also, it seems to leave the runway quite rapidly for a large>and heavy plane. Anyone else notice that? One more thing, I>don't hear the gear "hit" the runway so it's diffulcult to>know if the plane has touched down.> Any ideas will be seriously considered and implemented.> Thanks.Aw come-on now..............What do you really expect from that amount of idle thrust?If you read up on this aircraft you will notice that the TU-114 was as fast as the B707, in it's day.To diverse a little, the Airbus A320 happily taxi's on idle thrust as well. Brakes can supply you with all the lack of movement your likely to need.Enjoy this superb aircraft and appreciate the work that has gone into such a great freeware package. I'd say they have got it right!All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

>Aw come-on now..............What do you really expect from that amount of idle thrust?If you read up on this aircraft you will notice that the TU-114 was as fast as the B707, in it's day.To diverse a little, the Airbus A320 happily taxi's on idle thrust as well. Brakes can supply you with all the lack of movement your likely to need.Enjoy this superb aircraft and appreciate the work that has gone into such a great freeware package. I'd say they have got it right!All the best,<>Dave.< Thanks for the reply.

Hey there!Actually, my TU-114 doesn't taxi on idle thrust. Nor does it show any strange behaviour when taxiing. In fact, I find this aircraft to be the easiest of them all to taxi. For example, it doesn't stop as soon as you move the throttles to idle like most other planes out there do.I agree that it is a bit annoying that you can't hear the wheels touching down on the runway. I press the F2 key until prop reversers engage and then I know I'm on the runway. Not a very correct procedure, but it works. :)

Where can you find this aircraft?
See here:http://samdimdesign.free.fr/HTML/Tu114/tu114.htmlandhttp://samdimdesign.free.fr/HTML/Tu114/tu126.html

It is indeed a beautiful aircraft and Samdim have kindly given us a supreme add on. Thank you if you are reading.I just flew it earlier today. The more I fly it the more I like it!Dave

Hi all.I downloaded the T-114 version available at this link:http://samdimdesign.free.fr/HTML/Tu114/tu114.htmlI have some problems with the navigation tecniques. For example i don't understand how to intercept one VOR radial and how to set autopilot to follow this.Is ther some material or tutorial dedicated this aircraft and this aspect?Thank you very much.

Hi all.I downloaded the T-114 version available at this link:http://samdimdesign.free.fr/HTML/Tu114/tu114.htmlI have some problems with the navigation tecniques. For example i don't understand how to intercept one VOR radial and how to set autopilot to follow this.Is ther some material or tutorial dedicated this aircraft and this aspect?Thank you very much.
I moved your post to this topic as you posted it in a Tu-144 thread. The Tu-114 and Tu-144 are very different aircraft.For the Samdim Tu-114 documentation see here:http://samdimdesign.free.fr/HTML/Tu114/docTu114.html

Gents, Dumb question, will this work in FSX?CheersButch
To be honest, I don't know, have never tried this out. I've been perfectly happy to fly her in FS9. If you want, you could give it a try and see what happens - if you do please let us know the results. I suspect the SamDim Tu-114 will either:-Not work in FSX at allor-Work in FSX for the most part, maybe with some (hopefully minor) issuesIf anybody else has tried this out feel free to let us know.