Sign in to follow this  
Guest wt1l

PREPS Thread (PREPS, Scouting and Chitchat)

Guest wt1l

PREPS Thread (PREPS, Scouting and Chitchat)This thread is for extra stuff on the Race Threads. (The Race Thread is for posting baton info, pilot en route updates, and such.)

great job spazz.Unfortunately I had a pipe burst with the cold snap over the weekend and I just found it this morning. I had to take my entire system apart to get teh wet carpet and pad up in my office. Looks like I might not be simming again until you finish. Keep going team avsim!

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Guest thespazzz

I was pumped and I was ready to go but that old saying about your IQ dropping by 75% came true. That combined with Murphy's attempts to mess me up made this a hair raising experiance. There was some concern about me climbing out from the airport so I decided that I'd use WEP for a little added boost. I had been using this technique sucessfully riding jumpseat in other flights so I felt pretty confident. On climb out however I got distracted maintaining my heading and airspeed and forgot the WEP Switch. All of a sudden my engine started bogging out. I hit the mixture control and when that didn't work suddenly my blood ran cold. "Guy's.... I have a problum" I radioed. It was decided to wait and see how my speed would behave and then either decide to restart or hand the baton off to alex. But then the word came that there was some question to the validity to the last Duenna and we decided to hand it to the wingman and wait out a 30 Min Penalty.After flying back and fixing the engines. I took a post it note and , Inspired by Alex, wrote "NO TOUCHIE" on it. Placing it on the moniter over the WEP switch.Take TwoBut murphy wasn't done with us yet. Taking off, I forgot the blasted Duenna. Quit reset. Duenna on.. Take off. God I feel stupid now *heh*Third times the charm... I hope.About 20 or 30 Minutes into the flight I suddenly hear alex on the radio. "WHA OH!!" His Avanti's autopilot for no apparent reason decided that the ground was a nice place to fly to. Luckily he had been no where near his max speed as he had been following my P-38. That was the only thing that saved him from breaking up from overspeed. Then my cats decided to get in a fight and run behind my computer PULLING OUT MY VIDEO AND SOUND JACKS. Much cursing and screaming before seeing my Blue light on the mouse was still on. Looking at the back of the computer and carefully plugging the back in I was rewarded with the Alex and Jerone chatting on teamspeak and the sound of my engines. THe video plug an and all is as it was.Releaved I sat down and just tried to calm my nerves after of course locking the cats in my bedroom. Surly nothing else could go wrong on this leg.I was so nervous by the time I got where I was going that what should have been an easy afair flying in to the airport with flat terrain in moderate haze turned into a matter of me using all my will to fight off panic. I landed to far down the runway and dropped out my dive brakes praying "don't over run it don't over run it." The plane ever so slowly eeked to a stop. I ran to the duenna ended it and posted my shot before a power outage or something as equily murphyeque could do anything futher to me.Guys thanks for putting up with my borderline panic as we flew :-D

Guest thespazzz

Jeese man i'm jelous.You've got a spare yoke sitting around *heh* nice dual screen setup. The next time I upgrade my card i'm going for one of those. I also love the radio stack.

Seeking the winds.Facing very strong headwinds flying south I climbed my Avanti all the way to FL400 in a vain attempt to find something reasonable before going down again to 18000ft and finally finding something halfway reasonable.Installed the TAWS into the Avanti panel. Came in handy.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142970.jpgOne great looking bird.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142971.jpgChasing the winds at FL400.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142972.jpgHugging the terrain on approach to SAZS.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142973.jpg

the 'spare' yoke is actually a broken one I keep just to allow me to keep using my gameport pedals (they need to be plugged into a yoke or stick or they won't work) :)But yes, I've some spare equipment in the form of 2 joysticks and some dual throttle controls for fighter jets (not currently hooked up, need more gameport-USB converters).

Ok, here is my 2006 RTW Race setup.The three devices on the right are:1) VOIP Phone System. Sunrocket. No Standard house phones anymore. :)2) RCA Cable Modem3) Linksys RouterThen I also have my ACER Travelmate 8104 laptop on the left, which I use for Comms on Teamspeak, as well as forum updates and browsing while flying. Wireless to Internet.The Desktop is on Ethernet High Speed Broadband. Standard CH Yoke and pedals, as well as my CLIE which is also Wireless to the net. I post Duennas from the desktop after posting baton free using Laptop. I only Run FS9 and Duenna while racing on desktop.Works for me anyway. Great Racing guys, and I am extremely proud ot be a part of Team Avsim. Best Regards,Joe**********************Sonar5 2006 RTW Race Setup**********************.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/143010.jpg

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png