Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfoofficer

Victory Video

Guest sfoofficer

Hi all. Before we shut this place down, I wanted to put up the little video I put together for every teammember from Avsim. It's simply a rundown of the individual pilots and the machines they flew. I do hope I didn't miss anyone - if I did, it was completely inadvertant and I apologize.Please note that while it was my original intention to have every pilot mated with their signature aircraft, this was not entirely possible because:1) I have a limited library of aircraft.2) If I did so, the vast majority of this video would've been Mustangs, and there are enough of them in it already.:-lol To accomodate a variety of planes and still remain faithful, aircraft that I possessed were assigned based on threads, with crucial legs and vintage aircraft given priority. Otherwise, I downloaded freeware / used alternates in my collecitons and matched ppl up with their choice of machine.Last thing - This file is HUGE! 20mb minimum. If you have serious problems viewing it, please let me know via PM so that I can post a smaller version.http://home.comcast.net/~sfoofficer/RTW06_0003.wmvAgain, a pleasure racing alongside you all. Best Regards,

Dear Alex,This has got to one of the best fltsim videos I've ever seen! Beautiful! I think the sequence with the Vimy in the fog is outstanding!Not only is he a great pilot, he's also a good instructor...Have you seen "The Aviator" ?Looking forward to flying with you again!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Stunning, Alex.Let's keep this gang together...for the fun of it.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest SoarPics

Great video, Alex. Please consider uploading the file to the library in case the link should have problems in the future. Would be nice for all of us to have this summer when we reflect back on our 2006 race.Cheers,Greg

thanks for the tribute to our team Alex, great work.And thanks once again for your invaluable contributions during the race as well, you prevented us from regaining our sanity long enough to complete this madness ;)

Excellent Alex! Thank you for doing that.Someone suggested that you upload that to the file library. Unfortunately, we do not allow movies in the library. However, because I am the janitor around this place, I have my own secret stash area, and I have uploaded it there. You can find the movie here from now until they remove my privelages to have a "broom closet" at this place. The file location is here:http://www.avsim.com/pages/tom/RTW06_0003.wmvAnd... your movie just made the agenda at our September conference and exhibition in Washington D.C. :)Again, thank you for doing that.

Guest Speed

WOW!! That video was outstanding. Its difficult to make a list of pilots interesting but you managed to make it really exciting. My hats off to your sir. I'm off to watch it a few more times :)Speed

This is fantastic! Great work!Incidentally, it looks like I'll be able to attend the Avsim conference this fall. Normally, starving students like me don't have the money to do this stuff...but fortunately I go to Georgetown, which is in DC!Can't wait to see it on the big screen!Best,Matt

Matthew Smith | Priority Left Consulting
www.priorityleft.com

if airfare to DC doesn't go up from the prices I saw last week I might just make it this year (does that invitation still stand? ;)).

It does, but it's your turn to buy, and I know how you Dutch feel about separating your cash from your wallet... In fact, isn't the favorite Dutch sport involve fighting off moths or was that making copper wire??? :-lol

copper is quite expensive :)Would have made it 3 years ago had my (then) employer not ran off with the company cash reserves leaving us bankrupt.

Guest Manolito

a true work of art!thank you so much for all your pains -and keep up this wonderful spirit...it is a paragon for everybody...best regards,manfred

Hi Alex,Great job on the video. Very Well done.Thanks for doing it, my kids thought it was cool too. :)Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Hi all,I just want to echo everyone else's sentiments. I was sorry I couldn't contribute more this year, but had great fun the times I could join in. It was clear from the collaboration both online and on teamspeak that this is a focused group of people, and I felt privileged to be included.I will definitely see everyone again for next year's race. If anyone comes up with something in the meantime, shoot me a pm. Maybe I'll get to meet some of you in person at the Avsim conference this year, since it looks like it will be held in this neck o' the woods -- which is nice!Regards,Craig "CB" Taylor

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Guest sfoofficer

I'm really glad everyone enjoyed the video. Thanks for all the positive comments, and I'm really honored that it made it into the venue for the conference (note to self - get plane ticket and hotel reservation). :-jumpy For next year's RTW, I might use this kind of thing as a recruiting tool.BRegards,