Sign in to follow this  
Guest JDH

Which Manchester (EGCC) to buy? Simflyers or UK2000

Guest JDH

My birthday today, so have a bit of pocket money to spend. (You'd never guess I was 27 would you!! :) )I have lots of freeware airports for the UK, but on big gap is EGCC, Manchester. So, I am going to splash out and buy some scenery to fill the gap!But which one to buy? Gary Summon's UK2000 version looks the best and is marginally cheaper. Simflyers doesn't look as good and has air bridges on both sides of B Pier, indicating a lack of proper research.Any thoughts and experiences with the above products would be greatly appreciated.

HiI have used both and like them but UK2000 as you said is a bit better in accuracy I believe and Gary did a nice job all around.Go for the UK2000 EGCC but this does`nt take anything away from SimFlyer`s as they do make very fine sceneries.

The Simflyers version is a lot older than the UK2000 version.Were there airbridges planned or removed at some point? If so it might be that the scenery predates that removal or anticipated a planned addition that didn't come to fruition (yet).

Guest JDH

I guess they must have been planned as I see little reason for their removal given the a/c types using those stands & the number of stands available.

Guest Toni Rauch

Without any doubts, go for Gary's Manchester (UK 2000).Visually pleasing with excellent and accurate detail, and frame-rate friendly. Have a great birthday!Toni.

JDH,Although I haven't tried SimFlyers EGCC I do have Gary Summons' (UK2000) and have tried Barry Perfect's also. I believe Gary's to be the most accurate and living 3 miles from the airport I should know! You will need a decent processor and graphics card though - I ahve an Athlon 2000XP / Ti4600 and get around 10fps in the most complex areas with Ai traffic at 100%.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have both and, like others, recommend Gary Summons' UK2000 EGCC.In fact I would say if Gary creates an airport you want don't consider any others :-).Just a very satisfied customer.

>You will need a decent processor and graphics card though - I ahve an Athlon 2000XP / Ti4600 and get around 10fps in the most complex areas with Ai traffic at 100%.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

I would always select Gary's airports if you cherish realism. I am really turned off by highly unrealistic green taxiway lights in Simflyer's airports. Michael J.

I'd like to add that once you buy something from Gary, he's always happy to answer e-mails with stupid questions. In my opinion he fully understands the concept of 'customer service'.And his airports are very nice.Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Gary's stuff is fantastic. and there is a very helpful support forum linked from his site.

Guest JDH

Thanks for all the responses guys! However, sounds like my PC might not be up to it performancewise, so I may hold off until I next upgrade (whenever that'll be!)