Sign in to follow this  
Jack C

the deminishing fs9 products

>Hi Jack,>>Does FS9 look like crap right out of the box?>>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/>Active Sky V6 Development Team >Active Sky V6 Proud Supporter>HiFi Beta Team>Radar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/>AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/>FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/But it don't run like crap............LOLSorry Jim, i could not help my self..........

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Guest koorby

VOZ is in use by 200,000 simmers worldwide, based on audited downloads. The vast majority of VOZ users are sticking with FS9, again based on our polls. We expect to release VOZ 1.4 by March, and versions 1.5 through 1.9 over the next 18 months. All for FS9.We will port the scenery+airports component of VOZ to FSX sometime this year, but we're not in hurry to do so.Orbx, our commercial payware company, is producing commercial projects on FS9, not FSX. Why? Because we have to deliver to defence and aerospace customers with known performance parameters and a fixed hardware platform which provides a constant FPS given their stringent training requirements. FS9 delivers that today - FSX does not.FS9 is certified to credit a student's simulator hours for PPL training by CASA, the Australian authority governing commercial aviation. FSX won't be certified for a long, long time.We *will* be releasing a 1m/pixel photoreal ground texture payware for FSX later this year, but will also port that to a 4.8m/pixel version for FS9. Guess where we expect the bulk of our sales to come from?We are also releasing 0.75m/pixel detailed airport payware scenery for FS9, but not for FSX in the near future.Hope this gives you some insight from one developer.

L. Adamson. You make some great comments in favor of FS X, but I never see you posting what your hardware is and how much time you have spent tweaking. When I read your posts I am intrigued with FS X, but I have to take into consideration that I am runnin an old AMD XP 3200 Soket A machine with AGP Graphics with no plans to upgrade this year (what I have does what I need it to do - Think I am getting older) So what are you running?Cheers!

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

>L. Adamson. You make some great comments in favor of FS X,>but I never see you posting what your hardware is and how much>time you have spent tweaking. >>When I read your posts I am intrigued with FS X, but I have to>take into consideration that I am runnin an old AMD XP 3200>Soket A machine with AGP Graphics with no plans to upgrade>this year (what I have does what I need it to do - Think I am>getting older) So what are you running?>>Cheers!Actually, I've posted my "modest" hardware specs quite often.Athlon 64 3800+/2GIG/Geforce 7600GS 256MB/ 1600*1200*32 No-tweaks

radar contact v4.3 will now work with both fs9 and fsx. i'm currently in the coding phase for v5 and i plan to for it to work with both fs9 and fsxjd

Guest Zlaned

I just bought FSX yesterday.Disappointed is an understatement!I loaded it up and was presented with the default set up, looking out of the cockpit window was awful. Bland scenery and no buildings or trees or other aircraft. No terminal 5 at Heathrow????Thats ok I thought, I will just crank up the sliders to say, medium, and all will be well.Now(stutter)that(stutter)I have done that,(stutter)Im getting(stutter)5.5 frames(stutter). Can't imagine what it would be like if I cranked up the sliders even more. A Slideshow perhaps?So, like other people have said here, FSX is going back in its box and up on the shelf until I have a spare

Hi.As I said before, we are having a nice chance not only to produce new sceneries on a higher standard level using new techs, tools and approaches due to FSX, but also to replace ancient sceneries done a long time ago for FS9 with brand new versions built from scratch for FSX and reworked backwards to achieve FS9 full compatibility.All six original FSX sceneries already done were released with two separate installers: a FSX one and another to FS9, containing the same objects, same painted groundwork, and even a lower impact on frames due to new aspects taken during construction.It's much more simple to us to produce brand new native FSX sceneries and make them full compatible to FS9, than the inverse.New and old users receive two sceneries at each order (FS9 & FSX versions), having the option to use the prefered one, or also to use both versions, if (like me) he has both sims on his computer. No trouble at all.FS9 only users may order the scenery for his sim, and already stock the FSX version to be used when migration is done, without having to pay anything else.In our opinion, this is the best we can do for our users. So, there will be a lot of new FS9/FSX TropicalSim sceneries for a long time.My best regards,Carlos Pereira.www.tropicalsim.comhttp://www.tropicalsim.com/carlosp/signtrop2.jpg

I have spoken to the nice people at Overland (Simmer's Sky), and they will continue supporting FS2004 for some time. Flight Simulator X hasn't been released in Japan .....

Spoilsport! I've been waiting with baited breath (my other favorite!)for someone to point that out.DJ

thanks - Still on the fence about even trying it on my system. I have a lit tied up in 9 and it does what I want for now. Cheers

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro