Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot533

Digital Aviation Cheyenne

I have the aeroworx b200 and am looking into another ga plane that is as good or better, is the Cheyenne up to par?How are the systems, are there consequences for bad piloting, such as hot starts or engine outs, flap/gear failure? Are all the systems fully simulated and buttons pushable? How is the exterior detail, is prop feather animation simulated as in the b200? Are engine sounds and thrust linked to prop rpm and not throttle position? Are all of the vc buttons pushable? How are the gauge refresh rates in the vc compared to the b200, because in the b200 they are very smooth. And lastly are the vc gauges more appealing than in the pictures, they dont have a sharp real look to them from the pic's i have seen.http://www.digital-aviation.de/crjsite/l_m...pa31_vcp_01.jpgThis picture makes the gauges look computerized and fake, especially the airspeed and itt gauges.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would put it up there with the Aeroworx B200, superior in VC department. It does not simulate a hot start situation and does not have specific damage modeling programmed in like the Aeroworx aircraft has. I did review it for AVSIM and have to say of all the aircraft that someone could do a simulator version of the PA31 series of Piper aircraft are the ones I personally would be the most picky about... I grew up flying in them. This one earned a Gold Star in my opinion. It is on my list of must haves (which is not that long BTW) if you are a serious simmer.Zane GardSr. Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Hmm, Im really on the fence with this one, I thought I read someplace that damages were simulated, just not with a maint. module like aeroworx has. For me to buy this I need some reasons why I will enjoy it more than my b200. Consequences for improper handling and systems accuracy are very important to me, whats the point of following correct procedures if the "easy way" works just the same.

If you already have the B200, I'd probably wait on this one until they fix the GPS...the Trimble 2000 included in the panel is a real mess, and the promised fixes haven't materialized over some months.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

That's true about the Cheyenne GPS, but I hardly ever use the GPS so it's a non-issue for me. The Cheyenne also, for me, had a bit too much spool time on the engines, but I just came across another recent thread here and with a very small change in the cfg file it now throttles very nicely. It's not as developed as the B200, but it does grow on me. Mike

Alright, I think im going to wait and save my money. I wish aeroworx would fix their engine sound though, the engine sound being tied to the torque is annoying. Also I thought they had released a patch for the Cheyenne fixing the gps but I guess not.

Mike,Do you mind sharing the thread about the throttle adjustment, it would be greatly appreciated.ThanksKroswynd

>If you already have the B200, I'd probably wait on this one>until they fix the GPS...the Trimble 2000 included in the>panel is a real mess, and the promised fixes haven't>materialized over some months.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V>Santiago de Chile>I only know of the CTD when entering the Calc pages. Are there other problems? I haven't tried to really learn the GPS because the flaw in the Calc page really bugged me. I wish DA would fix the problems. They've said they're waiting to fix the FSX version to release the FS9 patch, but I don't understand that at all. I bought the FS9 version, and don't even care about FSX, let alone own it.

I have both and much prefer the Kingair, in part because the community over at their forums is friendlier than the one at Digital Aviation. Hans Hartmann and his team have the tendency to get defensive quickly when people raise legitimate issues such as the ones raised in the thread here, in addition to the others: fuzzy bitmaps and "jumping condition levers".ricardo