Sign in to follow this  
Guest captandy

Wilco/FeelThere 737 PIC !!!

Guest Bruce50010

I agree with the complaints about 737PIC. I am using it with FS9 on a mid-range system (top end 1 1/2 years ago) and it affects frame rates more than any add-on plane I've seen (the old "DreamFleet 737", Phoenix products, etc). Stutters terribly on the ground and fluctuates wildly. What makes it worse is the support, or lack thereof. It does seem like they've put in some user adjustments, like the gage "settings". Okay, but show me in their manual any description of "here are these settings and this is what the #### they do"? There's nothing. I like some of the things about their product, but it feels like (1) it isn't finished, and (2) the documentation isn't started. Hopefully with some more tweaking it will become usable, but it's the last Wilco product I'll be buying.I don't know how they got the reviews they did....something smells funny there.

And I forgot to say that the manuals are simply ridiculous...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

i just got it myself,given that i'm running it on a substandard system(amd 2400/radeon 9550/768mb) it runs surprisingly well.i'm happy with it.JP.

I really don't know what all the fuss I've been reading in this thread is about. I've had 737PIC for a while but I've started using it a lot within the last couple of months. It runs well on my system (AMD 3200+/2gigs ram/GeForce FX5700LE 256mb video card). It does have a more noticable affect on frame rate than the PMDG 737NG or 800/900 and Dreamfleet's 737-400 (which doesn't really count as it's a FS2002 only plane). I do see it sometimes shutter a bit in exterior view when I shift the view from one side of the aircraft to the other. This only happens, though, while flying low over dense scenery such as the MegaScenery/MegaCity stuff.I do have one semi-gripe which is that the most recent FMS database I can find for the 737PIC is cycle 610. This isn't all that big of a gripe though since I have yet to start using the FMC (I'm getting by just fine with just with the MCP for now). I'd like to keep the database current though in case I might want to start using the FMC at some point...Bottom line is that, as far as I can tell, the 737PIC flys and seems (to me) to perform just as well as the PMDG 737s. I enjoy flying it just as much (and thats all that really matters)!Scott

>I do have one semi-gripe which is that the most recent>FMS database I can find for the 737PIC is cycle 610. >This isn't all that big of a gripe though since I have>yet to start using the FMC (I'm getting by just fine >with just with the MCP for now). I'd like to keep the >database current though in case I might want to start >using the FMC at some point...

Originally posted by NAVData, 02/09/2007 : 10:46:32, http://www.iemit.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7162[br]Hi folks,due the amount of questions in the Navigraph-Ticketsystem and the many, many mails in my personal mailbox now a short statement about the current status of this topic:I

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest MD11ME

I will never buy anything Wilco or Feelthere again I have learned with every rpoduct they have! They are all talk and fail to produce anything as good as their adds make these products seem! I agree the VC is weird looking it just doesnt do the real plane any justice. After owning just about everything Wilco/Feelthere has out except there new A320 package which something told me not to buy and from the looks of it, it was a good idea. Their are things I will pass to the next gen of pilot/simmer...Dont do drugs, stay in school and dont Wilco....daddy whats wilco? :(Ruben RomeroFSX - The day the music died

Wow! A simmer since FS1.0? We're dating ourselves a bit are we (G)?!I go back almost as far. I started with FS 2.0 for the PC. At the time I had a monochrome monitor though and I couldn't tell the ground from the sky which obviously made flying (landing especially!) a tad bit difficult! Consequently it wasn't until I got a color monitor some months, maybe a year, later that I really started to get into to FS (G)!

A follow up to my previous comments:I do have to knock Wilco for poor attention to detail in regard to the aircraft.cfg file for the 737-400. they left the "atc_type=" line blank which causes the pilot to report the 737 as "experimental" rather than a 737! They also misspelled an airline's name, misspelling "airline" in the title description for the Northwest B737! I don't understand how either mistake could have gone unnoticed by the beta testers! In any case, there's no excuse for Wilco not to have caught and corrected these errors!

The PIC name has been destroyed by Wilco / Feelthere. The ERJ (Legacy) PIC was/is a decent product, better than most even, however, its not quite up to the standard of PIC. Essentially it is the excellent freeware ERJ panel/aircraft combo duded up and a pricetag affixed. Don't get me wrong, its a nice aircraft and most certainly a keeper but that was the zenith of Feelthere/Wilco's releases.The 737-PIC with its sloppy VC graphics, operational errors and omissions, and totally inaccurate aicraft 3D model is most certainly 2nd rate payware. PIC? Absolutely NOT! Each time I fly it (don't have a choice) I wish that DreamFleet had updated their 737-400 for FS2004.Now the A320 PIC is the nail in the coffin for the "PIC" brand. There are so many bugs, omissions and obvious errors that PIC in this case stands for "Pilot Is Crying". I know I was after parting with $50 and getting a load of this aircraft.The last true PIC was the 767 which is now the LDS. That was a time when just the name PIC mentioned was synonomous with the benchmark of airliners. Now, its merely an advertising gimmic by Wilco who has absolutely no clue what the PIC legacy stands for and thereby totally ruined it. But to put it in perspective, let's review the last few aircraft that Wilco has released.- ERJ: Good- Legacy: Very Good- 737 PIC: Average- A380 Fleet: #####?- 777 Fleet: Below Average- A400M: Below Average- CRJ: Below Average- A320 PIC: Has caused a 35% increase in violence worldwide

With you 100% Mike !Gotta love the "Pilot Is Crying" (New standard created by Wilco and FeelThere) and "A320 PIC: Has caused a 35% increase in violence worldwide" (lol!!!)

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest lalo lolo1

I have almost every addon payware AC and except for the T7, all Feelthere products are good enough. I have a great time flying each of them and the 737 series is one of my very favorite in FS along with the QOTS, the LDS, the PMDG 737Ng, and the PSS 777.I agree the 737 is hungry on resources, but not more than the QOTS. My FX55 handles it very well.It has some VC ugly graphics, nonetheless the cabin is beautiful. I don't feel at all it is any worse or better than the ERJs, just the same, and yes, it is not like the QOTS, or the LDS, but in my list would go in a second category together with the PSS777, PSS757, FT ERJ, etc.The only thing I agree about this AC is that Wilco sells it. Wilco is a poor distributor compared to others.Stop bashing some good payware. You have a big list of payware that should be freeware, starting by most Abacus things, the new airbuses (not the A320, as when the Sps are released it will become a very nice AC too), the new MD11, etc. A lot of you keep buying these things and hardly ever complain about how poor they are, then you get an AC with most system operative, a fully or almost fully working FMC, VNAV, LNAV, etc, etc and as it is not at the level of the PMDG stuff, then it is crap.Leo