Sign in to follow this  
Guest chechia

Wilco

Guest dwojdylo

>Sorry for the misunderstanding with our American friends,>there was never any question of a private lawsuit against>them. Law in the rest of the world works a bit different, but>I wasn't very clear I admit. >>I have spoken with the Belgian authorities as mentioned above.>Here is the gist of things: >>a) Any claim of fraudulent advertisement will be taken>seriously>:( The company in question is already known from previous>complaints>c) They don't accept "class action" style collections of>complaints, but invite anyone to send in a complaint. >>The correct communication path is on their website (see>above). I will send a formal complaint letter with>documentation in French. Only French and Dutch complaints will>be filed in their own right, you can however write in English,>French or Dutch. Please use the subject "COMPLAINT AGAINST>WILCO/SIMWARE SIMULATIONS / FRAUDULENT INTERNET ADVERTISMENT".>>>If you write to them, bear in mind, this IS NOT ABOUT which>features are (not)/should be/could be implemented, or what you>think of wish the Airbus model should look like. This is not>about how much you paid and what you got or it. >>This is ONLY about Wilco's CLAIMS as stated on the website vs.>the actual product, many people seem to misunderstand the>whole point of this. Wilco is very welcome to sell an>unfinished product, but they can't advertise it as a "perfect>simulation". >>I hope you realise that you may kill add on industry if you succeed.

How so ?What he can kill is the "fraudulent" add-on industry promising everything and delivering bad to average products (comparable to freeware) with a price-tag equal to products with real content. It's time someone took action towards the endless money-wasting in these projects that are just attempts to "cash in".Tero

PPL(A)

>Companies like PMDG and LDS don't hold the crown for nothing,>they have deserved it, and people respect this, their>reputation is more than good. If it needs a lawsuit to wake up>all others from their lethargy, may it be, but something>definitely needs to change here.>>AndreasIndeed funny how a thread and release can do so much to our little community ;-)Andreas some good points however I dare to say that all add-on companies including the last ones you mentioned didn't deliver as promised on release day with all there products ;-) All had service pack releases ;-)Heck even Microsoft don't deliver ;-)All products have and had bugs...I think a better solution is to have a buyers guide here at AVSIM which will only apply to software suppliers that can meat certain conditions...As for the price it's 25 euro for each FS version with 4 models liveries and movies that sounds reasonable to me ;-)We have companies out there that sell more for each version...I think every software suppliers has the right to correct any product faults and the customer right should be a refund like the Flight1 system...You could even wait a little longer to buy. So in general all software related products has bugs even your current operation system ;-)Also funny that the poster has a few things wrong ;-)Have fun guys,As for me I will just wait and have fun :-)Andr

André

Guest chechia

I agree you. Time to do something folks...

I trust you've also intructed your Brussels office to bill you for any time it spends on this matter as you appear to be using the company to pursue personal matters.

Guest AOA

Hi Chechia"I agree you. Time to do something folks..."I want to applaud you for putting up with the ridicule from your fellow simmers and sticking to your guns.You are not alone.Pete

Guest dwojdylo

All add ons groups advertise their products in similar language. Why not sue all of them since none provides real aircraft?Level D:"full Flight Management System"Is it really full like in real 767? No? Let's sue them!PMDG 737:"Flight Management Computer (FMC) - interactive FMC operating to real world standards "Real word? No? Let's sue them!PSS 320:"Full onboard FMC including SIDs STARs and airways"Not really? Let's sue them!You guys need to CALM DOWN before you do real damage to this community.

Guest Ozzie

>Sorry for the misunderstanding with our American friends,>there was never any question of a private lawsuit against>them. Law in the rest of the world works a bit different, but>I wasn't very clear I admit. >>I have spoken with the Belgian authorities as mentioned above.>Here is the gist of things: >>a) Any claim of fraudulent advertisement will be taken>seriously>:( The company in question is already known from previous>complaints>c) They don't accept "class action" style collections of>complaints, but invite anyone to send in a complaint. >>The correct communication path is on their website (see>above). I will send a formal complaint letter with>documentation in French. Only French and Dutch complaints will>be filed in their own right, you can however write in English,>French or Dutch. Please use the subject "COMPLAINT AGAINST>WILCO/SIMWARE SIMULATIONS / FRAUDULENT INTERNET ADVERTISMENT".>>>If you write to them, bear in mind, this IS NOT ABOUT which>features are (not)/should be/could be implemented, or what you>think of wish the Airbus model should look like. This is not>about how much you paid and what you got or it. >>This is ONLY about Wilco's CLAIMS as stated on the website vs.>the actual product, many people seem to misunderstand the>whole point of this. Wilco is very welcome to sell an>unfinished product, but they can't advertise it as a "perfect>simulation". >>Thank you for the clarificationNow - can someone get hold of all the advertising and press releases from Microsoft and send the list of inaccuracies (in French of course) to this great Belgian site for both FlightSim X and Vista:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy Please pass some popcorn - I have some fresh roasted chestnut here:-xxrotflmao

Guest Ozzie

>"Alas poor Wilco, I knew him well!!!":-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao

If the "FS legal action club" had a reception book, I'd write something like "Drop the pills, get a life."Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest gdafc1

Where does it say that they are selling real aircraft?The fact is the other reputable producers you have mentioned do actually sell what they advertised. Wilco/Feelthere don'tThis is not the first time, lets try and make it the last.To use a word Vic uses a lot, lets use the following phrase for them...That's all folks........:-hang

Guest heclak

Well. If you're wondering how this would affect/kill the add-on industry. Think about it. 1) Few would dare to venture into the add-on industry for the fear of being sued.2)costs would increase with lawyer fees to check your press releases/marketing to ensure any form of language or phrases that would mislead people and cause yourself to get sued.And lastly, prices would just keep going up, causing a fall in sales or and increase in piracy(which has always been caused by prices).You sure you want to do this? Maybe a very firm/stern legal warning letter or something. But hopefully nothing financial that will make them go bust. Its always about learning lessons from your mistakes to improve yourself. That,i feel,is the main idea for punishment.Not to drive you to a dead end.

Guest Dve737747

To be honest I expect nothing less of people in the world today than to go and sue whenever they get the chance.It's just sad. Give Wilco/Feelthere a break and sometime to fix the bugs. The product has only been out a week for crying out loud. And what about the repercussions if any legal case is won? Developers may just stop releasing anything for fear of being critisised and sued. And i'm pretty sure that's a situation no one wants.

Well to be honest I was on the fence whether to buy this add-on. I have their 737 and it's decent. I also own the original Wilco PIC A320 and while it had great potential, it just had too many bugs to fly.Now this add-on comes along and people are complaining about it a bit. Panic ensues. I see the usual, "I'm going to sue them" thread which we see with just about every major add-on release that is even slightly buggy. But you know what? I've really grown tired of the whiners here. So just to show my support to FeelThere, I'm going to go buy the deluxe edition right now. Thanks for pushing me off the fence. I think I'll enjoy their product as they are actively patching the major bugs.Bottom line, if you can't afford 50 bucks for an add-on, maybe you should stick to flying the default Cessna. Heck, 50 bucks is what I pay for a night out at the movies. If the movie sucks do you think I'm going to sue them? Get real.

Guest AOA

Spaceman3"I think I'll enjoy their product as they are actively patching the major bugs."By all means enjoy but some folks don`t think that "major bugs" should be part of the transaction.Also I don`t remember seeing the phrase "Major bugs"mentioned anywhere on the Wilco site as a feature.Could you link me to that please?Maybe you should get real.PeteOh and by the way welcome to the forums as I see today is your first.;)