Sign in to follow this  
WA6MQI

Sky Simulations MD-11

Hello ,did someone who ordered the producthad some flights ???On a Autoplilot landing flight i didn`t got the GS to hold.Nose is sucking down and............that`s it.Loc is capturing very fine but GS is not capturing.Anyone had similar results ??cheerspmpilot

OK ,never mind..............did some tweakingon the FDE/Autopilot settings,so mutch better now !!cheerspmpilot

Guest guidieri

The installer does not work for me...

What did you do??? :-hmmm I'm having the same problem...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest guidieri

Nothing but I suspect the installer does not like a different path from c:.... Not very good for a first shoot... :-(

I was talking about 'pmpilot' who wrote,"never mind..............did some tweakingon the FDE/Autopilot settings,so mutch better now !!"I'm trying to figure out how he solved the GS problem..."Nothing but I suspect the installer does not like a different path from c:...."I have my installation of FS located on my D:. Everything installed correctly for me... I forgot if your given the option of telling the installer where your FS installation is located.

FS2020 

This MD-11 looks ok and I might get it to tide me over until the PMDG one but I have a couple of qustions. Some people have been saying that it is a "lite" package, is it comparable to say the PSS 777/A330/340 or is there less systems functionality than that?Can you add SIDs/STARs or not? Can you make a flight plan in FSBuild and import that to the FMC?Is there any kind of tutorial that comes with it? Is the stated 100 page manual enough to be able to fly it? I already know how to fly Boeings well but I dont have a clue about MD-11s will I be able to work it out?Thanks for any feedback.Andy S

Some of the controls are a little awkward to use but I'd say it's comparable to PSS if not better in some areas. If the bugs get ironed out it would be hands down a better add-on than the latest PSS offerings...

FS2020 

What are the bugs in it then? Are they serious ones that would stop you from buying it?Foregot to mention earlier, does it have a load editor and fuel planner?Andy S

No load editor and fuel panel.I need more time with it before I commit to saying what's a bug and what's not. What I found though is:1. No wing Flex as advertise.2. FDE fells more like a 737 than an MD11 (at least to me)3. Haven't found a Weather Radar like advertised.4. Plane will not capture GS on approach. The nose pulls towards the ground when the GS becomes active. 5. Changing from NAV mode to GPS heading for autopilot is awkward. You have to right click the button on the 2D panel to get the plane to follow the GPS heading and vise versa back to NAV.6. Framerates are hard on my system due to two default GPS units going at the same time in the VC. I can resolve this to some extent by setting 'affinity' to only use one Processor (HT Technology).Overall I like the plane... :-)

FS2020 

** BUMP **

FS2020 

Guest Water Mango

Speaking of FDE problems, isn't the MD11 supposed to be a little tail heavy on landings??? That's what got FedEx at KEWR (plus landing on a shorter runway and not paying attention). Most airlines retired the MD11 because of the challenges pilots faced flying her (at least that's the rumor)... :-)I bought this add-on myself and actually like it. Hopefully it get's supported with periodic updates...

Guest JTEK99

This addon was looking good to me, too. I'd like something "in-between" a more complex addon (PMDG/LDS) and the Overland series. And, yes... I, too, love the MD-11.Seems that SkySimulation is having some problems with the downloading of its product, though. Take a look here at Simmarket's review page:http://secure.simmarket.com/product_review...roducts_id=2232Might be just a simple glitch in the download method; but it sure would go miles if at least someone was in contact with the developer. Are they simply not home?

Hello all ,for the probs with the Glide / GSuse this new settings in the aircraft cfg:[autopilot]use_no_default_bank=1use_no_default_pitch=1autopilot_available=1 flight_director_available=1 default_vertical_speed=0000.000000 ..... this one to 1800.000000autothrottle_available=1 autothrottle_arming_required=1autothrottle_takeoff_ga=1autothrottle_max_rpm=95.000000pitch_takeoff_ga=8.000000 max_pitch=10.000000max_pitch_acceleration=1.000000max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt=2.000000max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt=1.500000max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint=20000.000000max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint=28000.000000max_bank=25.000000max_bank_acceleration=1.800000max_bank_velocity=3.000000max_throttle_rate=0.100000nav_proportional_control=16.000000nav_integrator_control=0.250000nav_derivative_control=0.000000nav_integrator_boundary=2.500000nav_derivative_boundary=0.000000gs_proportional_control=9.520000 .... this one to 25.0gs_integrator_control=0.260000gs_derivative_control=0.000000gs_integrator_boundary=0.700000gs_derivative_boundary=0.000000yaw_damper_gain=1.000000default_pitch_mode=0default_bank_mode=0[flight_tuning]cruise_lift_scalar=1.3 parasite_drag_scalar=1.350 induced_drag_scalar=1.950 elevator_effectiveness=1.000 .... this one to 2.000aileron_effectiveness=1.000 .... this one to 2.000 rudder_effectiveness=1.000 pitch_stability=1.00 roll_stability=1.00 yaw_stability=1.000 elevator_trim_effectiveness=.700 .... this one to 1.500 aileron_trim_effectiveness=1.000 rudder_trim_effectiveness=1.000 i think you can do some more on this one ; roll_stability=1.00change to 0.700 so the roll is havier for this big plane.Didn`t do it yet have to test a little more....Don`t forget tu Backup yor orginal aircraft cfg so you have still the old.Not shure what off those settings exaktly done it,but forme it`s okay with this one.Ohh and that one > 1. No wing Flex as advertise.it isn`t true ; there is one it`s a little hard to seebut saw it at some moment clearly there. regardspmpilot

For those having troubles installing into FSX. They've updated the FAQ's page and uploaded a new installer. Installed into FSX fine..Larry