Sign in to follow this  
WA6MQI

Sky Simulations MD-11

Well it's a good effort for a 'lite' add-on I'm maintain that but if no support is given with the type of bugs present then I'll have to resort to putting this thing in the crap bucket. The thing absolutely can't handle an ILS approach. The framerates could be better. I had to take most of the VC textures and convert them to DX1 format. I got some improvement but nothing stellar. 'pmpilot' suggestion above concerning 'elevator_trim_effectiveness=.700 .... this one to 1.500' worked for me concerning the stabilization of the VS hold on climb out and decent. Pitot heat defaults to 'OFF' so that explains why my speed tap would freeze up constantly on climb out. There's no switch to turn the heat on so the unrealistic 'Shift-H' is the only option. What's ticking me off is there's absolutely no way to contact these guys. The email address doesn't work and there's no forum. You have no way to tell if these guys even care. This is sad as this add-on could be so much more with a few thing ironed out...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

it took me a few minutes to figure out how to turn on the engines. in the VC you have to hold the red button with the mouse as you pull it away from the console. Not sure how to start the engine in the 2d panel, Im guessing you have to keep clicking on it.The problem with the pilot heat and auto pilot are disappointing, but in general it seems like a decent lite addon. Im glad they have a VC and a freighter!

Guest Water Mango

I like this add-on as well...What I find a problem is the autopilot can't take the shift in lift on the wings when flaps are deployed. Sky Sim over did it with the flaps even on a manual landing. You really have to watch the various speeds before you drop a notch of flaps (which is something you should do anyway). I too hope an update is produced to smooth out the rough edges because this is a nice effort overall.

Guest metamarty

>it took me a few minutes to figure out how to turn on the>engines. in the VC you have to hold the red button with the>mouse as you pull it away from the console. Not sure how to>start the engine in the 2d panel, Im guessing you have to keep>clicking on it.Mmm, still no luck. The engines spin up to 12% and stay there. The only way to get them higher seems to be to switch off the APU electrical power. This turns off all displays and lights, but from the sound you can here that the engine spins up beyond 12%. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem?

>What's ticking me off is there's absolutely no way to contact>these guys. The email address doesn't work and there's no>forum.Hi Dillon,Excuse me for asking, but what did Simmarket say about this? Don

Staffan

Staffen I haven't tried contacting Simmarket on this. I'm sure they wouldn't know anything and the whole correspondence would be more aggravation than anything else. What I'm looking for is a fix to these issues not mindless dialog while each party passes the buck. This add-on has potential. Two glaring things need to be fixed if nothing else, FDE (cruise lift scalar) and the autopilot... I'm tempted to jump in and fix the thing myself...

FS2020 

I think the sound is a little disapointing - at least on my machine. When i increase or decrease the engines, the sound goes up or down in distinct 'steps' rather than a smoothe way!

>Staffen I haven't tried contacting Simmarket on this. I'm>sure they wouldn't know anything and the whole correspondence>would be more aggravation than anything else. What I'm>looking for is a fix to these issues not mindless dialog while>each party passes the buck. This add-on has potential. Two>glaring things need to be fixed if nothing else, FDE (cruise>lift scalar) and the autopilot... >>I'm tempted to jump in and fix the thing myself...What I ment was that Simmarket should know how Sky Simulations can be contacted. After all they have a business agrement. :-)I am monitoring this thread with great interest, since the outcome will have a big effect on my eventual purchase decision. ;-)http://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifDell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo, flashed to a X850 XT PE. Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP2E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

cf6-80c2b.zip here in the library. I like it much better not to mention Devyn's soundsets are fantastic. Dillon, I agree with you...FDE and autopilot. If you do find a fix, I would love to here the news.

Hello all,just to sort some things out here...........to Dillon:sorry to hear you still in feight with the GSI have done now about 4 flights with herand therefor i had 4 Gliede flightseverything went pretty fine here !!Shure ther

>Flaps settings - AC is jumping to hard up and down;>the hickhack with the AP to set GPS or AP or VOR mode,>is a playgame at all>( onother thing here is: you must see in the PFD>the magenta pointers for LOC and GS, if not the AC will never>follow the Glide that`s what i mean with the hickhack settings>from the AP )>I think there can be more done for smoothing the AC more for>FS9>but it`s not to bad at the moment.>FDE needs more tweacking...........Hi,So what you mean really, is that the AP doesn

Staffan

Hello Staff , Yeah i think thats the case here.....Shure this on is far away from a PROFFESSIONAL SIMULATIONas awaited let

Ok, so that may be the reason for some not getting the LOC/GS to work. :-)http://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifDell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo, flashed to a X850 XT PE. Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP2E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

"Ok, so that may be the reason for some not getting the LOC/GS to work."Staffen it's impossible for this aircraft to catch the GS if with each flap setting this plane lampoons into the air causing the auto throttle to chase the correct speed while the VS struggles to drop the nose and get to the correct GS the plane was originally at. You have to have flaps fully deployed no lower than 35 degrees (45 degrees is more like having the speed brake deployed) before your aircraft GS needle moves to guide the plane down to the runway. I wouldn't have as much of a problem if I could hand fly the bird down but those flaps all but kick the aircraft up a few hundred feet with each adjustment. In straight and level flight on your way down to the runway your bouncing all around 3,500ft (flap 5 the plane jumps to 3,800ft causing the autopilot to adjust back to 3,500ft, same goes for flaps 15 and so forth). I will be looking into some things so I can at least hand fly this bird down. I otherwise really like this add-on. The visuals are nice, the FDE other than approach is decent, and the textures with DX1 adjustment are great. For a 'lite' aircraft this is a nice plane it's just that we in the community might end up supporting it unfortunately...

FS2020 

Dillon, How did you do the DXT1 conversion? I use DXTBmp, but I needed to know if I need to crate a new alpha before saving, and any other info related. Also did you convert all of the textures,including the VC and panel stuff or just some of them? Your help is much appreciated. :-)