Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Captain Sim, yey or ney?

Guest ThrottleUp

I bought their C-130 package...I bought the lot, all the models and Im tremendously happy with it. The visual model is top-notch, the VC is brilliant and the sounds are great. I really enjoy scooting around in their Herk! :)

Block F eh!? Well, i'm sorry, but i can contain myself no longer:-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 I expect that in all probabilty, to have been at my own funeral before the end of beta testing on this:-lol I jest not - as thems who know me know;-)

Guest JTEK99

>Everyone will be happy to know that CS just announced that>Block F will be in beta soon (and we all know their concept of>"soon":-lol) and they are looking for public beta testers!!Absolutely on-time and amazing.As soon as a negative post comes up regarding their sales practices, boom! Something new! I love those guys!Reminds me of when they were getting some SERIOUS bashing over the C-130 release and the subsequent Paypal fiasco they were embroiled in, threatening to keep customers money without delivering the product. All the anti-CaptainSim crowd came out of the wordwork and brought up the 707, the 727, and other craft's lack of support.What happened the next day?Whammo! 707 and 727 patches in beta! On the way! By popular demand! CaptainSim saves the day!18 months later not a single patch.Prepare for more bait-and-switch folks.Did I say this before? I love these guys!

>>Everyone will be happy to know that CS just announced that>>Block F will be in beta soon (and we all know their concept>of>>"soon":-lol) and they are looking for public beta testers!!>>Absolutely on-time and amazing.>>As soon as a negative post comes up regarding their sales>practices, boom! Something new! I love those guys!>>Reminds me of when they were getting some SERIOUS bashing over>the C-130 release and the subsequent Paypal fiasco they were>embroiled in, threatening to keep customers money without>delivering the product. All the anti-CaptainSim crowd came out>of the wordwork and brought up the 707, the 727, and other>craft's lack of support.>>What happened the next day?>>Whammo! 707 and 727 patches in beta! On the way! By popular>demand! CaptainSim saves the day!>>18 months later not a single patch.>>Prepare for more bait-and-switch folks.>>Did I say this before? I love these guys!Oh it gets so much better.For all those C-130 customers out there who have been waiting for over a year now for the promised SP2, CS just casually made this announcement a few days ago:*******"Q2 Is the C130 SP2 patch for FS9 being developed ? 2. Not for FS9. But if someone shows us a list of critical issues that must be fixed in FS9 version we might reconsider. "*******How's that for good customer service? Customer's have been giving CS bug reports that need to be fixed in SP2 for over a year...one's that CS said have been added to the list to be fixed. When customers wonder why months go by and no word about it...zip...nada...nothing, and then have the courage to ask how it's going with the SP...all they get is:"We understand your interest. We are working on the update. Please don't forget about the rule #8 here http://www.captainsim.net/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1131748090 "All CS seems to know how to do is constantly refer to their idiotic rule to not ask them about progress whenever someone asks after months of no word. Then, in perhaps one of the most hilarious statements ever made when responding to someone with a problem, CS says "Can anyone confirm that issue please? We need some more statistics on that issue. Please follow the 'bug reporting' rules: http://www.captainsim.net/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1141323668 As soon as we get at least 10 correct and detailed users reports posted in this topic, we will forward the reports to our development team. ROFL! Why on earth would anyone bother reporting any bug to CS, when they seem to cancel the SPs they have "in development" (I love it when they say that)?It seems like to me they only say that so they can state "well, we didn't get 10 confirmed reports on that issue, so it must not be our problem."Oh, and in case you didn't hear, they did cancel the 727 patch too, this after doing the EXACT same routine as the C-130.....indicate that they were working, and working, and working and working on it, then Whammo (sorry I stole your word :)), cancelled the SP. Sweet.I'll bet my next paycheck that the 707 will be next, since they've already said:"Now, after FSX release, does it make any sence to continue development of the 707 SP2 for FS9? Taking into consideration that we are going to re-programm from a scratch all 707 systems for FSX anyways? For FS9 users the answer is YES! For FSX users the answer is NO!"Yeah...that is how CS rationalizes the way they will release service packs....delay it long enough so that the product is so old it makes no sense (in their mind) to continue developing it. Just keep leading their customers to believe that they are actually working on something. Nice.Sadly, as long as they can continue to make good-looking exterior models and provide slick marketing hype that the other parts of the plane are coming...people will continue to buy their stuff and keep them in business.I just hope AVSIM takes every measure to disassoiciate themselves with this "Business Entity" and refuse to offer any more reviews of their products until they can demonstrate a little better attitude towards following through on promises made to maintain their current products.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest dpc

I own it. It looks great. However, as a TrackIR user and fly almost exclusively in VC. This title is just too hard on my FPS. I just can't force myself to use it when there are so many smooth running complex A/Cs out there. Its really too bad.

Guest sillyeagle

Hahahaha this is the best thread I've seen at avsim!>Based upon a recent conversation with CaptainSim's customer>service department, I was able to put together a new section>in my own company's new Customer Service Policy Manual. Here's>a sample based on CapSim's system:Brilliant post! And hilarious!>Whammo! 707 and 727 patches in beta! On the way! By popular demand! >CaptainSim saves the day!Hilarious as well! This comment is classic!Personally I have only purchased the Yak-3 from CS, becuase it was cheap ($6), and so I could get a feel for them. I realize the yak is a bit older, but I wasn't impressed with it. It doesn't compare with the RealAir Spit and Shockwave P-51, which are both awesome.

I bought the CS C-130, 707, and F-104 and have lots of fun with all of them. No doubt part of the reason is that they look great, and I'm a sucker for eye candy. The F-104 is a riot. Still one of my favorite planes.I have seen a kind of arrogant attitude on the part of the admins at their website forums, but I also noticed it softened a bit lately.One thing I cannot abide is having the pay for the ACE utility manager for the new planes. I think that is the height of cheese. It came free with my three CS planes. You should not have to pay an extra $6 for a skin manager for a plane you already paid for.

Deleted by pjIt's not even worth commenting on.pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

We are the knights who say "NEY!"NEY!NEY!NEY! NEY! NEY!NEY!Now go and fetch us a shrubbery, or we will be forced to say "NEY" once more!P.S. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. Caveat emptor...RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Jason,I do not have the CS 757.I built a system specifically to use around their C-130. I like it. I rarely fly anything else. Capt Sim issued SP1 for the C-130. To me, The plane is good. SP2 was in the works but there is no status. IMHO, communications out needs improvement.Any time I needed customer service (twice?), I got it and was satisfied. I might have waited a weekend for one issue, but I did get a response.For airline-type aircraft, I have money earmarked for the LDS 767.Good luck.Jim

Personal experience and personal opinion as follows:I recently rebuilt my computer for hopeful FSX compatibility due to a total crash on my previous system. (Worked out swell!)When I started to reinstall everything, I discovered that the only problems were installation of my ancient version 1 FDC and Captain Sim installations. I had lost Capt. Sim completely which was totally my own error.To Capt. Sims credit: 1. They had a system to recover everything I had which was the base package for the 757 and the special package for the Lockheed C130. All that was needed was the record of my original email address for the purchase. As luck would have it, that had changed. I notified CS of this change and they immediately made the corrections and I was able to retrieve my original order numbers.2. The recovery for the C130 was flawless.3. The recovery for the 757 said that I had installed the plane on more than one system (which was totally untrue, and was refused.) 4. I emailed CS stating my situation and received an email that their server was reset, however they never acknowledged anything regarding my error message relative to multiple installations.5. The C-130 then installed flawlessly.Evaluation of the two aircraft:1. The C130 is a very good buy IMHO at the price, although there are a few things that are a bit surprising in ancient terms (again IMHO). Nevertheless, I recommend it if you are into that type of aircraft at all. It is a pleasure to fly with a multitude of impressive features.2. The 757 is a good generic version of the aircraft and worth the basic price IMHO, however, there are a number of freeware aircraft for FS9 that are equal, particularly if you are into custom panels from freeware downloads. it is a wash as a tradeoff IMHO. Nice plane if you want to afford a few bucks, but not much better than free ware. Note: The FMC is virtually useless (Base Package), so don't expect anything in the realm of LSD 767's or PMDG airliners (In CS defense you do not pay for them either).3. One addition: If you are considering the 757 for FSX, it is a waste IMHO as a frame rate hog. With the rest of my aircraft which I confess are few except for default FSX (What else of the third party757 type airliner is available?), I get framerates in the high 20's to 30 (Limit at 30) with the exception of NY or the like. Under the same conditions ONLY with the CS 757 I get single digits from 6-9. It is the only aircraft I have tried so far that is not flyable in fSX, and I have imported a number of GA FS9 aircraft for FSX.Good luck with your choices:RTHEdit:I also have th CS 727 purchased long ago which is fine for the price, but with the evolution to the Dreamfleet 727 in later days which is a premimum prize, this became academic making the older CS model negated as a consideration in my book. I still have the CD, but it is no longer on my system. No bad mouthing, but progress has just surpassed it IMHO.