Sign in to follow this  
Scott434

Airliner XP A320

Has anyone hear/read/seen anything from the Airliner XP folks. I visited thier site and only found new pics from February 07.I re-read their "Glossy Brochure" web page and feel that after 3 or 4 years of development it should be about ready. Just curious.Scott

Guest DreamFleet

We're here, alive and well, but do not expect a lot of screen shots /visual updates.Needless to say, we're not the only ones doing an Airbus, and as such we have other things to consider in this regard. ;)Sadly, we are delayed in release, due to some very serious health issues and other personal issues suffered over the last several months. Nothing we could plan for, yet we have to deal with it.Otherwise, things are back on track, and we are doing all we can to get this baby out the door. :)Regards, Lou Bettihttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/AXP/AXPforum...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Guest dths30

Can't wait for this one :)

Lou,May I thank you for a very informative reply. Thanks also for explaining why we are still waiting.As regards the personnal issues, have been going for more than several months and I fear that that particular issue will not be resolved?Lou, maybe a nice Xmas present for us all this year eh? ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

christmas?i want it while the sun is still shining outside; after all the announcements like "the exteriour is the easiest part and we will post some shots soon"not to forget that most of the europeans are still unable to access the AXP site and noone gives a ####!what comes next? "we're sorry but due to the needed extra work, the FS9 version has been cancelled"lou..with all due respect, i loved your 737, and i think its UNBEATEN by any other addon (i posted a thread about my thoughts in the DF forum a few months ago); and i always believed in Dreamfleet and its high quality standarts, but your new project (the first "real" jetliner after 7 years!) starts to ruin your image in my eyes!!

Guest jgreth123

>christmas?>i want it while the sun is still shining outside; after all>the announcements like "the exteriour is the easiest part and>we will post some shots soon">>not to forget that most of the europeans are still unable to>access the AXP site and noone gives a ####!>>what comes next? "we're sorry but due to the needed extra>work, the FS9 version has been cancelled">>lou..>with all due respect, i loved your 737, and i think its>UNBEATEN by any other addon (i posted a thread about my>thoughts in the DF forum a few months ago); and i always>believed in Dreamfleet and its high quality standarts, but>your new project (the first "real" jetliner after 7 years!)>starts to ruin your image in my eyes!!This has to be one of the rudest comments I've seen in some time. The site is accessible for Europeans. To say they don't care is pathetic at best. They made an announcement that they ran into SERIOUS problems ( unavoidable ones like sicknesses and such that lasted over a MONTH ) and a few other issues and this is the thanks they get... an like yourself spewing forth garbage like this.I, for one, hope that you miss out on the masterpiece that this project will unveil.You, sir, are unbelievable.

rude?you,sir, accessing the site, does NOT mean that "the rest of the world" can access it too

Guest jgreth123

>rude?>>you,sir, accessing the site, does NOT mean that "the rest of>the world" can access it tooYes. Perhaps a very small subset ( certain ISP? ) is having an issue.I know MANY Europeans that I've personally POINTED the site out to, just to show them the Airbus that's coming out in the near future. No issues on their end.So you're saying for a very very small minority they should uproot the entire site to another hosting service ( not a minor shift mind you, databases have to be copied over ) and possibly pay MORE per month for their end.I'm not so sure it's up to the AirlinerXP team to fix this one but their host ( or maybe somewhere between... it could be YOUR host that is causing the issue ).Whether the problem is as widespread as you think or not ( and as I've said, I know many Europeans that have successfully visited the site ), you still came across as extremely rude. Especially when you say it's damaging Lou's reputation to team with the other two individuals on the team.

i had a good oppinion and the delay (which does not happen for the first time) damaged it, and you call this "rude"?sir re-read my post "please"

Guest JTEK99

>This has to be one of the rudest comments I've seen in some>time. Oft times, some people interpret reality as rudeness. :|>I, for one, hope that you miss out on the masterpiece that>this project will unveil.Just out of curiosity.... Have you actually *flown* this masterpiece?

JTEK99 the point is "we" don't have to expect anything from ANY developer as long as they don't show us screenshots or announce features (etc.)however, if someone show's us screenshots and says "the fps will be at the same level of the default cessna", "this will revolutionize fs" i don't have to believe it but i expect it to be real, since that's what has been announcednow i'm really looking forward to the end product, bugs won't be a problem for me, there is no software that can be totally bug free, but i expect a perfect/1to1 exteriour (its the easiest part), a framerate friendly VC (same performance as the default cessna), the best available fly-by-wire simulation (this will revolutionize fs) and a release before santa comes (beta tests will start soon)sincerely,

Guest ArtieLange

Portland was only a year late, I'm sure this airbus will be to. I just hope it comes out before FS11.

>Portland was only a year late, I'm sure this airbus will be>to. I just hope it comes out before FS11. As far as I heard, "Some personal issues" have pretty much completely decommissioned one of the key developers these days. When will that be resolved? I wonder even if he himself knows the answer. So is life IMO, not anyone's fault...except for the fact that AXP team has blown up a pretty huge bubble pretty quickly. So big and so beautiful it might as well be THE revolutionary FS monument. Question is...now what? Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

"As far as I heard, "Some personal issues" have pretty much completely decommissioned one of the key developers these days."I am not understanding this. I thought this was behind them already?? There is nothing I have seen on the website forums to indicate that one of the members is still out of service. So , I would assume now that they are moving forward to complete the product. I know that sales are important, but I think if it was that bad where they felt completion was way off, they would have made another announcment by now. I still have faith that they will get this out the door soon. Fingers crossed :)