Sign in to follow this  
jackpl

Alignmen of Inertial Nav System

After I go to NAV to align the INS, the alignment proceeds thru the 10 minute alingment, and then the Time To Align message stays on the display.The system is not aligned! If I move the aircraft, the alignment process starts all over again.How do I properly align the INS, so the alignment message disappear?Help!

Sorry:The Aircraft is the iFly 747-400.After I go to NAV to align the INS, the alignment proceeds thru the 10 minute alingment, and then the Time To Align message stays on the display.The system is not aligned! If I move the aircraft, the alignment process starts all over again.How do I properly align the INS, so the alignment message disappear?Help!

For iFly, you need to wait until the time remaining to align message disappears totally from your display before you move the aircraft. If it says "Time to align = 0 min", it is still aligning. At least that has been my experience.Eric

1. No, I have not entered in the FMC my lat/long. Do I need to do this before or after I start the alignment?2. Not having entered Lat/Long in the FMC, after the 9 minute alignment finishes - the time out goes past 0 minutes - then a three line white message " Time to Align" with 8 or 9 digits on eachline, stays on the display.Still help!

>I have not entered in the FMC my lat/long.the FMC is the link for giving the IRS the current location of the aircraft. not inputing the current lat/lon means the IRS has no idea where 'it is' and it therefore cannot align.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Thank You!!!!Problem solved!!!You guys are great! Appreciate your very prompt help.The iFly 747 is a wonderful plane.Have any of you successfully used the "performance improvement" file that is on AVSIM?When I installed it, it made the 747 perform bizzarely - jumping up and down at the gate.

>>I have not entered in the FMC my lat/long.>>the FMC is the link for giving the IRS the current location of>the aircraft. not inputing the current lat/lon means the IRS>has no idea where 'it is' and it therefore cannot align.>>>-->>Well, not quite!In reality, you type in the LAT/LON for comparison purpose.The coordinates you enter on the CDU are subject to testings.The entered LAT/LON is immediately compared to the LAST POS coords. If either LAT or LON has a deviation of >1 degree you will have to enter the position again.When the alignment is nearly done the IRS computed LAT and CDU entered LAT goes through a sine/Cosine test and they must agree within certain limits.So the IRS will compute its position, and compare if it's close enough to the CDU entered position rgds.SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |