Sign in to follow this  
Guest DenhamPPL

Dreamfleet 727 - does it work with FS9.1 patch?

Guest calamarr

IMHO vintage aircrafts are always overlooked, except when they have lots of bugs. Another example that comes to mind is the Coolsky MD80: very frame rate friendly, very good ONS and PMC simulation but...i

Guest JeanLuc_

"Maybe you should build in a few bugs in the DC-8, so people talk about it and then issue a patch. Or two. Or three. ;)"How truer this could be than this! That sometimes amazes me: an aircraft or addon is released with bugs, developpers take actions to correct the bugs (not always entirely), and you read high praise about customer services and sound developpers.On the other side, some release bug-free (near) products, and you never heard of them because there is nothing to complain about.This begs the question: which is better to get audience and word of mouth for an FS addon in the forums: developpers correcting bugs, or developpers able to release bug free products from the first place?If measuring audience and praise in the forums for products is an indication, and from my limited experience in various boards (only surfing for the last 6 years and seen many many addon releases), I'd bet the products with more "good devs/good product" feedback are the ones with bugs (provided they are solved after release).Makes a developper wonder to introduce bugs willingly in a product with the corrections readily available for later.

>The reason many haven't bitten the bullit is because it takes>a while to chew. The more complex the add-on and the more>that was done outside the SDK, the longer it takes to do it>>Suppose these things will need to be shared at some point ;-)>>Greatest Airliners - DC-8>Greatest Airliners - 727 Whisperjet>Hi Paul a few questions,Actually the 727 isn't that difficult to fly lol that is in FS ;-)Is this one already compatible with FSX and has it native files?Like specular / bump / fresnal maps and DDS files?Is the VC more 3D now?From the pictures on the website the VC looks a bit flat less 3d to save polygons which in FSX is a bit different :-)... For example the overhead? or do you have better examples to show?The brush is heating up when seeing this beauty I overlooked this one completely lol With my favorite weather radar already included :-)Thank you upfront for taking the time and considering to answer my questions. Cheers,http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign1.jpg

André

Hi Andre,The current 727 is FS9 only and all the pic's you've seen of the 727 are the current version 2 model.............no previews of the new FSX 727 have been released yet.The FSX version is just that, an FSX only release using spec, bump and fresnel and yes the VC will be new too with almost all (I could say all but I'd need to check) switches and knobs now modelled.

Cheers

Paul Golding

>Hi Andre,>>The current 727 is FS9 only and all the pic's you've seen of>the 727 are the current version 2 model.............no>previews of the new FSX 727 have been released yet.>>The FSX version is just that, an FSX only release using spec,>bump and fresnel and yes the VC will be new too with almost>all (I could say all but I'd need to check) switches and knobs>now modelled.Paul thank you for answering my questions really appreciated and sounds great :-)As for the FSX model will it be the same price scheme as for the FS9 model? or will the FS9 customers have an discounted price?Because in that case I'm off to purchase a 727 :-) Cheers,http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign1.jpg

André

Guest VAA_008

I know I am a nobody around here but I still want to voice my opinion on the Dreamfleet 727.It is the most underrated add-on aircraft for FS9. This plane is a winner !

>I know I am a nobody around here but I still want to voice my>opinion on the Dreamfleet 727.>>It is the most underrated add-on aircraft for FS9. This plane>is a winner !I cannot agree more. I have my hard drive full of payware add ons and the dreamfleet 727 is still one of my favourites.It is a pilot's plane that if properly flow is just a pleasure in all aspects. I am flying it regularly.I do fly it on FS9 1 patched and XP and I have to say this is one of the best "plug and play" add ons ever. No complicated install instructions or complex steps, just install it configure it and fly it.No a single trouble on FS9 and XP on my side.With this add on Dreamfleet can surely use a marketing campaing about "if you are not pleased they reimburse you the money". Lol it will cost them 0 dollars. ;)Surely a winner.

With a lot of GA stuff costing almost as much as the FS9 727, I must admit to thinking the FSX version should be priced higher.Either way, it'll have a discount of some kind for current users.Greatest Airliners - DC-8Greatest Airliners - 727 Whisperjethttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding

.......AND remember it was originally designed for FS2002.'Say's it all for the excellence of Dreamfleet products'. An all time favourite and so easy on FPS.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I also want to say the 727 is a great plane.I have a theory why it is not talked about much it doeasnt have an FMC. I know Lou has opinions on this I have seen posts about the pilot flying thr plane not the AP but in this day and age it seems what people want. RFP was an absolutely great add-on probably sold well but the PMDG 747 broke websites. I guess the modern aircraft are what sells. This of course just my opinion and have no statistics to back any of my ramblings up. :(

>For what it's worth, I haven't started FS9 for months now and>with FEX released, I'm more than happy using my 727, ?? PaulThat is a good news.Jos