Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Unreasonable Performance Hit With SimWings or Imaginesim Airports?

Is there a big performance hit with ImagineSim's or Simwings airports? I've read differing opinions about their products.The reason I'm asking is because my wife is really bugging me now to give her a Christmas list and I'm thinking of just asking her to get me more AES credit packs and 3 or 4 more of the airports serviced by them, but the only locations I'd be interested in are maybe Simwings' EGLL, CDG, La Palma and/or Teneriffe, or some of the ones by Imaginesim -- Newark, LaGuardia, and Kansas City. I really enjoy AES, but up to this point I have limited my airport purchases to those made by FlyTampa and Tropical Sim. Both manufacturers have made incredible looking sceneries but they bring my frame rates down from (locked) 26 to about 12-13 when on the ground and with ActiveSky v6.5 running. I don't love AES enough to start taxiing around and taking off and landing at 8 - 10 FPS if that's what's going to happen.Thanks for your input (again).

Personally I never found a hit in FPS with any of there sceneries.I have AES activated on all of the Aersoft/Simwings sceneries you have listed. And I'm very happy with the performance. We have a pretty close match on systems but if you're down to 12fps with these sceneries there's might be something else there.Most likely your Triple Head to Go. Which I hear can be a real system killer.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

I'd take ImagineSim's Newark off your list. It's harder on the frames than their other sceneries and not quite there quality-wise either compared to their other (later) sceneries. The rest should be fine.

Mike...

Try the Imaginesim demos from their website. They give you a good idea of performance. Overall they are pretty good fps wise, but it depends greatly on where the airport is and how complex it is. I won't even tough their Newark airport, as I can't get good fps there with just the defaults.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

One thing noted on Fly Tampa's FAQ regarding frame rates is that if you are in a dense AI area, and that can be 40 miles in radius around you, going into Midway for example, you are also having the AI generated for KORD and many smaller airports in the region. This takes a hit on performance and not the specific scenery but in many cases the location. Newark and Laguardia plus JFK fall into this criteria.

I get about 20fps at Newark its my hometown airport and it is a real frame rate hitter due to all the huge traffic around the NYC area and the buildings in manhattan also add to it I always keep my AI traffic at around 50% simwings egll I get around the same amount 20 fps some times it goes down a little but normally stays at 20.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.