Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

B757 Captain Sim

I have two Captain Sim aircraft, the C-130 & 727 exterior, which I really do like.When it comes to a flight sim product, I only buy what I see now. For instance, when an FS9 plane is offered with a free FSX update sometime in the future; I don't count on getting the update as a "required" part of the deal. Sometimes, crap happens, and the update may never be seen.For all I know, Captain Sim might not even have the required and experienced staff these days, to complete the specific blocks including the FMC. Individuals hopping from one flight sim vendor to another is quite common these days.Do I think you should get your money back? --NO--Unless of course, all blocks were paid for up front.L.Adamson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I say it now, and I said it before,...CS only spit their old customers right in the face by launching a poll about something that obvious.The poll only shows that they never intended to release ant Block F for FS9. If they had the intetions, why do they need a poll now? They are only stalling something that the majority of their B757 customers have been waiting for since day one of their purchase. Or,...they are plain lazy to continue development for FS9.Probably they have been hiding under a stone the last year or so,....not knowing that the majoroty of simmers still uses FS9. :-rollI am surely not the only one still waiting for a model update of the B707 cargo and the system logic of the same. How long is it since they released the 707?One thing is sure though,...I am certainly not the only customer they lost.

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/fs9_pilots_club.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz, 1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo flashed to a X850 XT PE, Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP2, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA, Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan:Totally agree with you. I see a lot of FS9 customers in their forum anxiously showing their interest in getting what was promised two years ago, and I'm pretty sure they will not get anything from Captain Sim. I propose a ban for CS product purchases over the Internet until they release the block F for FS9 and apologise to all of their customers for its conduct.In the meantime, CS has lost another customer.

What I don't understand is why ANYONE who wanted a highly complex aircraft, which would require Block F, would buy it before Block F where actually released???Sure CS totally made fools of themselves with this whole Block system and their business practices of not following through on promised products are an abomination...BUT...the question remains, if Block A is not what you wanted, what is the reason to buy it when Block F did not exist and THAT is what you wanted in the first place?You wouldn't buy a car with only the body and no engine or interior if you really wanted a car that had an engine and interior! If all one wanted were the body then one got what one paid for dispite the promise that an engine and interior would be forthcoming at a later date. If one wanted a complete car then one should wait until a complete car were for sale before making a purchase. No different here. So that again begs the question, why did you purchase the prior blocks when the purchase didn't give you the aircraft that you actually wanted?CS delivered the blocks that you purchased so you actually got what you paid for. CS did not charge you for blocks that were not available so you can't even charge them back on your credit card because technically, while a slimy way to do business, CS did nothing wrong from a legal standpoint.I have been waiting for a fully released CS 757 for almost 2 years now. I have really been looking forward to their release. In that time, my money has remained in my pocket until CS can deliver on their promise. No delivery, no money, therefore, no complaint.Regards,Mike T.

As an aside....They appear to be a Russian registered company and afterdoing a cursory search they do not appear to be registered inthe European Union. Had this been the case, there would have been an option to pursue claims under existing EU consumerlegislation. Like Mike T I also kept my money in the drawer.Have a happy 2008 though and don't let charlatans spoil yourlife. Just consider it lost money and never, ever, buy anythingfrom them again.Regards

Hi,Well, Captain Empty Promises lost me as a customer some time ago. It started with their B707 that never got finished. With the reputation this company has in not finishing their products, I cannot understand why anyone who was interested in a complete aircraft would purchase from them via their block system.Promised Fixes and/or updates from CaptainSim---------------------------------------------1. B707 - Still Waiting, How Long Is It Now?2. B727 - Still Waiting, How Long Is It Now?3. B757 - Still Waiting, How Long Is It Now?---------------------------------------------It also amazes me that there are individuals out there that have seen what this company has done and yet, they still support this company.You want the items listed above fixed?. Stop giving this company your hard earned money until they fix their aircraft (AS PROMISED).As a result of holding back the funds, One or two things will happen, they will correct the issues with these aircraft or they will go out of business.

Accusing us, and specifically me, of hidden agendas is going to get you removed from this forum in double quick time. Do yourself and the community a favor... If you have no facts to support your paranoia, please do not post. Otherwise, you will loose your privilege of posting altogether.

To the community:Days ago, the people of Captain Sim issued a poll in their community forum asking if the customers of their B757 were still expecting for the promissed Block F under the FS9 platform. The results of the poll were so far very clear in that a lot of customers are anxious to get the missing Block F for the B757 FS9 version. The FS9 community know that the CS-B757 was released almost two years ago, in different "blocks", and people are waiting since then to have a B757 with FMC (included in Block F) as it should be, but this is absolutely not the case. Captain Sim guys are showing an arrogant and irrespectful conduct with their customers and a lot of them like myself are prepared to ask Captain Sim for a reimbursement of the moneys already paid by the infamous B757. The forum is being blocked to customers like me, who are claiming our rights against that we consider and unfriendly and non-business behaviour.Just to let everybody know. And beware of buying another product from them using the unsuccesful "blocks" system.Thanks for your attention

Tom, let's be, in some way, open to hear comments from the community. A simple statement from your side should be sufficient enough to clarify any issue. I also consider the C130 product very good, indeed, for FS9. And Fred, please, don't take away the main purpose of the post which was intended to let the community know about the bad business practices followed by the CS team !!!.

>It also amazes me that there are individuals out there that>have seen what this company has done and yet, they still>support this company.>Seeing what they've done , IS why I still support this company. Someone or several of the Captain Sim group, just happen to create some of the most finest aircraft ever, in regards to being very creative and talented graphic artists. I'm always surprised that some seem so eager to dismiss this fact.Put me on the record as being highly pleased with the products I've purchased from Captain Sim! Since I DO consider fine looking simulated airplanes as artwork, and recogonize the talents to create them, I'd be very disheartened to see them fade from business.L.Adamson