Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

FS Build vs. FS Navigator

I just ran across the website for FS Build and it looks interesting. But I've been using FS Nav for years. Any feedback from you folks on one vs. the other?

Have a look at FSCommander as well, more like FSNav than FSBuild.Bear in mind that FSNav will still work in FS9, just there won't be a FSNav for FSX.

>Have a look at FSCommander as well, more like FSNav than>FSBuild.>>Bear in mind that FSNav will still work in FS9, just there>won't be a FSNav for FSX.>Wow, I did look at FSC and it looks really interesting too. Anyone have preferences on these?

I have FSB 2.3.7.2 and like its route window entry. I can paste r/w routes that have been filed for FAA areas from the route from www.flightaware.com by going to an airport of interest, getting flight schedules by aircraft type, airline, and destination and retrieving the flight information.Occasionally I might have to change the number (version) of a DP (SID) or STAR but FSB will build that plan. On its site you will find an AIRAC update at no charge for its database.It will save routes in its own format as well as export to FS8/9 and FSX, plus exports to many proprietary model FMC's for import into the FMC at flight time. By exporting a plan to both an FMC and FS, you help to synchronize your FMC and ATC for a major portion of your route.I have Active Sky 6.5. FSB will retrieve winds aloft from weather loaded into it. You select an aircraft profile, set up taxi, extra, holding, and alternate times and it will do a lot for fuel planning. The web site gives instructions for creating and modifying aircraft performance profiles.FSB is used preflight without FS running, just AS if you have it. There is no moving map but a map of your route is shown which comes in handy looking for any oddball that can occur if there is a discrepancy due to dual identity waypoints or navaids.It was a bit of a learning curve but with its navlog printout and the AS weather navlog printout, all of the navigation and environment information is now available to set up a flight in a complex aircraft.

Hi,I have to agree with Ron, for flight planning I think FSBuild is the way to go. If you are also interested in a moving map display, then you may want to consider FSCommander. I have both, I setup my flights with FSBuild most of the time and I use FSCommander on another monitor as a moving map display.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Definitely get both FSBuild and FSCommander! Up until about a year ago I always used FSNavigator instead of FSCommander, but IMO FSCommander overall now better corresponds to my needs (suitable for VATSIM and can be run from a second computer over WideFS). Also, FSCommander is being developed continously while FSNav has come to a stop (although it still is a very very nice utility).

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------