Sign in to follow this  
Old Bill

Fed Ex or Express?

I have a dilemma here. I can't find a voicepack entree for the Callsgn "Express". Fed Ex is indeed an entry in the voice pack library, but all the aircraft I have in the Flightplan from WOAI say the ATC callsign is Express. I need a hand in locating the Express Callsign and while I'm at it, there seem to be several fine AFCADS for KMEM, but little scenery. The only decent scenery I could find was for FS2002 by Vladimir Svoboda. This acts kinda Funky while taxiing. The texture disappears as you taxi over it. My searching revealed nothing from a later date. Any Fed Ex Fans got any suggestions?Bill :-hah

Did you take a look at kmem2004.zip By Vladimir?It is here in the library.and fedex_callsign.zip for the call sign?again, here in the library.Hope this helps.

Thats just an updated AFCAD by Ryan Chadwick for Svoboda's 2002 scenery. In any case thats what I'm using now. Also someone said runway nine was no longer used for landing at KMEM. Wether thats true or not, I don't know. Ya need an AFCAD by Jim Vile or some other Genius for these big busy Airports with Simultaneous landing and departing aircraft or you lose em to the dreaded "Poof" and their gone.Neither of those zip files take me anywhere in the Library by the way.Bill :-bla

AFAIK, the proper callsign is "FEDEX".The KMEM2004 scenery is pretty good. I did an AFCAD for FS2002 that redid the entire fedex ramp parking per actual, but it was so much work and I never got around to it for FS9.scott s..

I found Vlad's 2004 version of KMEM. Now I suppose I'll have to change all the aircraft.cfg files for WOAI's FedEx Aircraft. They have the ATC callsign as "Express". "mumble, mumble, mumble"Bill :-fume :-bang :-hang

They are both there -If you used a copy and paste method you most likely picked up a blank space before or after the name and the search engine could not find the files.I called them both up with no problem.

Fed Ex filed to change their callsign to Express and it was approved by the US FAA.The WoA package was produced soon after the FAA published the callsign change.However, there were objections in several countries, and also some from US carriers - so Fed Ex withdrew the change request and stayed with Fed Ex.I have edited the aircraft.cfg file sections to change the call signs to Fed Ex - don't forget the space - it's very important for FS to recognize the default callsign.

>I found Vlad's 2004 version of KMEM. Now I suppose I'll have>to change all the aircraft.cfg files for WOAI's FedEx>Aircraft. They have the ATC callsign as "Express". "mumble,>mumble, mumble">>BillI just did this to over 150 AI planes and I used a little app a programmer friend of mine recommended called Useful File Utilities with the batch file plug in. Google on it or go to << http://www.replsoft.com/ >>I seem to remember that at first the site looked a little suspicious but no malware was installed when I downloaded it, my computers at home at at work are fine after it was installed, and it has saved me a TON of work.