Sign in to follow this  
phmcr

Fatal error after installing Environment Indigo 1.5

Hi, I am a fan of Brian Neitzel's work so I didn't hesitate to install his final version. I know, I am also using Ground Environment Pro and ASV 6.5 so my textures should be ok, but these guys seem to have forgotten the old FS9 users, and one likes to see some changes sometimes....But, after I replaced the textures and feeling sure that shouldn't I like them I would use said programs to reinstall my previous versions, I got a fatal error during start up of FS9. It starts, lets me select aircraft and airport and then when installing that it stops and I get the 'send an error report to MS' screen. I have reinstalled GE Pro, ASV and the Ultimate Terrain programs but to no avail. I still get the same fatal error, even when starting form different airports. I am puzzled, all this just because I changed some textures.Anybody got a clue as what to do before I feel pushed to reinstall FS9?Thanks,Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

>Hi, I am a fan of Brian Neitzel's work so I didn't hesitate>to install his final version. I know, I am also using Ground>Environment Pro and ASV 6.5 so my textures should be ok, but>these guys seem to have forgotten the old FS9 users, and one>likes to see some changes sometimes....>>But, after I replaced the textures and feeling sure that>shouldn't I like them I would use said programs to reinstall>my previous versions, I got a fatal error during start up of>FS9. >It starts, lets me select aircraft and airport and then when>installing that it stops and I get the 'send an error report>to MS' screen. >I have reinstalled GE Pro, ASV and the Ultimate Terrain>programs but to no avail. I still get the same fatal error,>even when starting form different airports. I am puzzled, all>this just because I changed some textures.>>Anybody got a clue as what to do before I feel pushed to>reinstall FS9?>>Thanks,>Menno>Rather than reinstall everything,why not just replace your texture folder with the original one from your FS9 installation disc's?(and see if you can get FS up and running)That way you would have a clean texture file and you could experiment with your different add ons to see which causes the problem.Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Thanks Andy, it will safe some time indeed......Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

For those interested, my problems were solved after I installed alternative water related files.

Menno 

Guest rwrea

Im having thd same problem. Reinstalled backups, and all is fine. Could u be specific for me, I would like to try Indigo.Thanks,Dick ReaMCA372

Hi Dick, sorry to see you are having the same problems.What helped was re-installing the water related texures. For that I used Perfect Water (perfwat.zip by Davide Scotti) available in the library here. Hope it helps you too!Menno

Menno 

The OceanHeightField.bmp in that package causes FS9 to crash - I was rather hoping that would be fixed in the newer version but alas the problem seems to still be present!Geoff

Guest rwrea

Hi Menno,Reinstalled Indigo and then installed the Water Program you mentioned.........!!!!!!!WOW mine never looked so good, Beautiful clouds and all kind of detail....and smooth as silk.And to think, I almost passed it up. Now I,m thinking about his Sky Program.....but its so good now, I don't want to mess it up.Thanks so much, Menno.Regards,Dick ReaMCA732

What happened to this installer in the library? Removed? Even the previous files seem to be gone. I downloaded all except the Environment Indigo 1.5 package, but it's nowhere to be found, I presume due to the above issues. But were there any issues with the previously uploaded files? Have not tried them yet so not sure...Philip.