Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cumulo

Default flight plans

Guest retard_retard_retard

After installing an addon traffic package the only problem ive noticed so far is that mixed in with the wealth of real world ai, the default MS planes are still lurking around. As ive been away from my simming for some time now, i've forgotten how to edit my traffic to remove these flightplans using the default aircraft. Would it possibly be easier to just replace the default models with a PAI one rather than editing flightplans if that the case? (i never have nor ever will fly the default ms planes)Help appreciated!Asus Striker Extreme 680i SLICore2Duo E6600 OC'd - 3.2GhzCorsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2Nvidia 8800GTS x2 SLI OC'd - 651/1051Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10000RPMSeagate 500GB WD 7200RPM RAID 0CoolIT Freezone Elite TEC/Chiller CPU Cooling Unit2 Samsung SM226BW 22" DualviewWindows Vista Ultimate 32bitSaitek x45 controls

I think it would work to edit the aircraft.cfg files for the defaults you don't want as AI, changing the "title=" line for each variant. Then the AI engine won't find the plane it is looking for. For my part, though, I use AI Traffic Mover to edit the default traffic bgl to get rid of specific AI airlines I don't want. I left all the default GA plans in place.scott s..

I prefer to remove the default traffic file completely and use PAI and World of AI packages.There are several GA packages available also.They all come with Traffic files so you do not to spend time editing anything.Hope this helps.

Guest LeeWang

>I prefer to remove the default traffic file completely and>use PAI and World of AI packages.Agreed. It's best to remove the default traffic file and install AI aircraft as required. To do this, remove this file: traffic030528.bgl which is found here: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryWorldscenery>>There are several GA packages available also.I've downloaded and install many AI GA aircraft and then used this program to create my own GA AI aircraft. File name is: ga-traffic_setup.zip or direct link: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=Search>They all come with Traffic files so you do not to spend time>editing anything.The big problem I have with these packages is this.... They're to accurate. This is great if you sit and watch AI, but I don't, I "simulate" flights....I only fly IFR flights, based on real, up to date departure times, gates, routes, etc. The problem with up to date "accurate" AI, is this.... Often, I depart an airport as airline X, flight number X, and guess what, so does the AI aircraft... The AI departs at the same time as me, with the same flight number... It's very annoying to following ATC, when ATC is giving vectors to final, and their are "TWO" identical flights in the air.... Has this every happened to anyone here??? Because it's never been mentioned.... For me,, I don't care about "accurate" AI times, I just don't want default aircraft in the sky. I've found, that using 4-5 year old AI flight plans works best for me,,,, that way,, their is only ONE flight X in the sky at anyone time.Lee

> changing the "title=" line for each variant. Then the AI engine> won't find the plane it is looking for.Please NEVER modify the title= line of the default FS2004 C-172.If something corrupts your default flight, or causes your FS9.cfg file to need to be replaced - you will get an "Aircraft Initilization Error" and FS2004 will not start until the defautl C-172 title= line is restored.FS2004 must be able to find that aircraft by its title to start correctly.Best option - rename the file traffic030528.bgl to .bgl_bak - located in the SceneryWorldScenery folder.You can get alternate GA only flight plans in the library - search under my name - Reggie Fields - or I have modified traffic files available at http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/uplo...A/Def_GA_DL.htmBut to be honest, I've substituted most of the default GA traffic with lower polygon AI models. I'm still lookin for an AI Mooney and Cherokee though.

Guest retard_retard_retard

Thanks for the replies. Removing that file was exactly what i was looking for! not too fussed about GA flights at the moment as i spend most of my time in the heavies. Will be sure to check out your traffic pakcages once the inevitable desire for a bit of low and slow comes my way.Thanks