Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Around the World Flight

On April l2, 2008 I started a flight from Lisbon, Portugal (no particular reason starting from there) and flew to every capital in Europe and Western Asia then decided to continue all around the world. Just after I left Italy I purchased "FS Passengers" and then it kept a good record of my flights; but using FS Passengers, I was shot down twice, and crashed once trying to land on a small 3300 foot gravel runway in Canada. I flew the Cessina Citation X all of the way. I loved trying to figgue out my ETA's and required fuel on each leg. All in all it was about 70 differant flights that I flew one each day with a length of about 500 miles aday. It was a GREAT ride and I'm very sorry that it over because now I have no idea where to fly now. See flight map made by FS Passengers below.

Guest lgvpilot1

I suppose you could always try pole to pole !Mark

Or back the other way!

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I've been following the coastlines and visiting major cities in the KingAir. Only made it from NY to Carribean to South America to McMurdo Ice Station and back up South America to Panama.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

"now I have no idea where to fly now?"[/]That's easy... you just did East to West so how about North to South say from Alaska down to the tip of South America?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I am doing a similar "fly around the world" challenge right now, but it's much slower for me, because I am flying GA. I started on the East US coast and am just half-way across Canada now, so I have a few more weeks (months?) to go. It's a great challenge though, because you get to see places that you would usually never fly to.Great fun. Thanks for sharing.Pat

Jerry- Congratulations, a remarkable achievement!Now for the ultimate checkride.Set up for takeoff at your favourite airport.Go to Weather and set Visibility to 1/2 mile.Proceed to takeoff and as your wheels leave the concrete- KILL AN ENGINE !Maintain a climb, stabilize the plane then fly a return circuit and land safely.At least that's what I do when I get bored with A to B flying.Alex Reid

Time to do another lap of the world then! I've done more than a few in my time, ranging from relatively quick laps of the globe via major airports in modern jets to multi-month affairs in a variety of aircraft types visiting every country in the world that has an airport (there are about 4 that do not!). My current world-conquering activity is taking the SSTSIM Concorde to every country in the world with a runway length greater than 6000ft with an average leg distance of about 500nm, equating to some 215 airports. FSNav global screenshots of the route are as follows:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189658.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189659.jpgI am currently just over a third of the way, with 82 flights completed. I too am running FSPax and despite two engine failures, a brake failure, and a shot up hydraulics system from flying over a war zone, I've successfully put my aircraft down as many times as she has gone up. Heck, I am even turning a profit, which is a first for Concorde operations me thinks :-lol.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189660.jpgThe biggest challenge is yet to come on this trip, with a planned visit to Paro, Bhutan (VQPR). Load that sucker up in FS and see what you think about bringing a Concorde in and out of that spot in one piece, what with its 7333 ft elevation and a rwy length of 6500 ft. BTW, it can be done! :-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189661.jpgGary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11