Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Just my 2 cents worth

Well I just had one of the most satisfying flight I think I've ever had. It was a ahort hop of around 35 minutes in my aeroworx B200, so nothing too extravagant. But when reaching my dest, had 3/4 mile vis. ceiling at 400 feet, And nothing but an ndb approach available, oh ya the wind was howling at 10 gusting 20. Well I pulled off my first full procedure ndb app in about 4 years of simming, and i must say it was exhilirating.Now the purpose of my post is to let people who seem to be in a rut with their sim(no motivation to fly). IMHO what made it for me I think is the newly purchased combo of add-ons, which are, Ground environment, along with flight environment, along with activesky, along with my aeroworx B200(or any top of the line addon for aircraft will do the trick), And I always try to find addon scenery freeware for my planned destination, as default dont seem to cut it for me.Im not a salesman, or work for any company that produces add-ons, but i must say this is a great great combo to liven up your fsworld. I write this because I was in a rut with my sim(as I was just using deafult everything) But I you invested a little bit of hard earned cash into top addons,and find it improved fligh sim 10 fold.Just my 2 cents worth.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Indeed, that's what did it for me... specifically ActiveSky, Ultimate Terrain, GEPro, FSGen mesh, and a hangar of high-end payware aircraft. I'm not wealthy by any means, but this is my only "hobby," outside of just hanging with friends, so the investment is totally worth it.

If you sim long enough you will find times that you don't feel "it" anymore. I went for over a year without simming once. Then got back into it. I am in one of those off again modes now...mainly because it is summer, and I am not here at the house much. It is funny though...I always come back to FS, just as I have since FS98 days. Glad you had a good flight...my family is out of town for the next two nights. I plan on getting in some sim time!! Hopefully my flight will be as enjoyable as yours...Cheers,Scott

Right on! For me, a sure fire cure for the FS blahs is to jump into the DreamFleet Baron, set weather @ 1/2 mile visib with some rain & wind. Immediately after takeoff, kill one engine!!!! Then struggle to keep her flying, cleanup, navigate a circuit in the soup and land safely with an instrument approach.When you break out of the murk, you'll appreciate Ground Environment and Ultimate Terrain even more!!!Guaranteed to get the adrenalin flowing!Alex Reid

I havwe all those add-ons and recently just added Bird's Eye view, all 4 seasons. Even though I fly mainly heavies, it's alternative ground sceneries add just that much more realism on approach.I just built a new high end computer and it's really made a big difference -- I'm 51 and this was my first build -- I'm having a lot of those "FS9 momements" lately too.

"--I'm 51 and this was my first build -- I'm having a lot of those "FS9 momements" lately too."---------Even more fun when you're heading for 77!Alex

Hello, Alex! Yes, I'll bet -- I'm looking forward to a lot of years with this hobby -- it seems to be the only one I've ever had that has held my interest.I guess what I was trying to say that even though I've been fascinated and played with computers since the Apple I and 8088 days (remember BASIC?), but I've never built one before now. And, as you well know your frustration level doesn't exactly get longer.Good thing tenacity does, however.

I also have the Dreamfleet Baron, isn't it THE BEST!?! I also have several others, including the PMDG 737NG and LVLD 767, but for pure flying FUN, nothing beats the Dreamfleet Baron.