Sign in to follow this  
deaconblues

Citation X: Eaglesoft v. Wilco/FeelThere

I'm ready to make a purchase, but I'm torn between what seems like two fine products (the two mentioned in the subject line, of course).I'm hoping that some AVSIM members who have experience with both or either addons will jump into this thread and offer opinions, pros and cons, etc.I look forward to reading the responses... thank you!

Well... it's kind of a "trade-off" situation here.On one hand, the Easglesoft Citation has a more accurate visual model that is spot on. The Wilco/FT model is not as accurate visually. If you like outside eye-candy and don't really care about systems, then go for Eaglesoft.On the other hand, The Wilco model has a fully functional FMS-based system with things like VNAV, LNAV, SID/STARs, WX radar and a visual vertical profile. Additionally, the navdata can be updated monthly with a subscription to Navigraph. The Eaglesoft package doesn't have all of that. Eaglesoft uses the default FS9 GPS as the base for its navigation so you're limited to what the default GPS is capable of doing as far as precision approaches and accurate (or in this case innacurate) navigation data. Additionally, the gauges in the Eaglesoft product are somewhat outdated and difficult to read - especially in the VC. The overall appearance of the VC in the Eaglesoft CX is not as good-looking as the Wilco/FT VC.Performance-wise, they are both pretty easy on frames - both in the 2D and VC (Wilco a little more so than Eaglesoft) The flight dynamics on both models seem to be pretty good, but be warned that if you go with the Wilco/FT version, you have a LOT more work to do since it has more complex systems than the Eaglesoft CX. With Eaglesoft, it's a more of a "lite" package (i.e. "jump in and go")I can't speak for FSX performance with either package, since I don't use FSXBUT...Eaglesoft is planning to release a Version 2.0 of their Citation X for both FS9 and FSX sometime in the future (but honestly, I wouldn't expect it until next year) It includes a new visual model, a fully functional FMS and all new gauges. Looks pretty good from the few shots they have on their website. It will be fully FSX, SP2, DX10 compliant (if you care about that...)So.. in a nutshell, those are the pros and cons of each. Personally, I use the Wilco/FT CX more than the Eaglesoft CX because I like using an FMS-based system.It all depends on your selection criteria.. Good luck,- Alex

Alex, you are obviously behind the curve
Alex's comments are 100% correct ... as he posted them on Aug 29 2008, at 06:00 AM!!alex is speaking of eaglesoft's CX 'version 1'.1flightsimfanatic has 'dug up a two-year-old thead.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Alex's comments are 100% correct ... as he posted them on Aug 29 2008, at 06:00 AM!!alex is speaking of eaglesoft's CX 'version 1'.1flightsimfanatic has 'dug up a two-year-old thead.--
Scoob, you just proved my point. Alex is well behind the curve on our CX2.0 and is indeed referring to our CX1.0.I doubt that flightsimfanatic has "dug up" anything given the fact that Avsim Search Function works well.Flightsimfanatic has provided a positive about an Eaglesoft product and we see no reason for a Wilco/FT support person to contradict him. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Alex is well behind the curve
ron:alex's post is out of date, not 'behind the curve', as it is 100% correct for 2008. you have stated that alex dosen't have his facts straight ... was alex incorrect for aug. '08!!??
I doubt that flightsimfanatic has "dug up" anything given the fact that Avsim Search Function works well.
a 2008 thread is historical ... it HAS been 'dug up'. an ES CX search will hit MANY more threads before showing this 2008 thread.
Flightsimfanatic has provided a positive about an Eaglesoft product
yes '1flightsim...' did, and yes '1flightsim...' should.
and we see no reason for a Wilco/FT support person to contradict him.
did i discount ANYTHING said by flightsimfanatic? all i have done is point out that alex's post is from 2008, and there is no way that alex could have made a post containing a product that didn't exist in 2008!--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Flightsimfanatic chose to post to an old thread which compares our product to yours..He seems to favor ours over yours which is of course his perogative..Why attempt to obfuscate the fact that he posted a positive about an Eaglesoft current product compared to Wilco/FTcurrent product? :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Inspect your weapons, gentlemen, then turn back to back and walk ten paces forward. Do not turn to fire until the white hankerchief flutters to the ground. May the best man win, and God Save the King.(Umpire) Tony

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

Flightsimfanatic chose to post to an old thread which compares our product to yours..He seems to favor ours over yours which is of course his perogative..Why attempt to obfuscate the fact that he posted a positive about an Eaglesoft current product compared to Wilco/FTcurrent product? :(
I believe you're coming across a little abrasive and maybe even putting words in someone's mouth :( Just food for thought. :( Maybe I should stay out of this?The thread was indeed "dug up"! As the newer threads have covered the differences between the products-- like threads newer than two years old.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

He seems to favor ours over yours which is of course his perogative..
GREAT! more power to him!! '1flightsim...' has correctly stated that the ES CX v2 is a new product over the v1. the ES CX V2 is a new product when compared to the wilco/feelThere CX.
Why attempt to obfuscate the fact that he posted a positive about an Eaglesoft current product compared to Wilco/FTcurrent product? :(
i have not once stated any comparative, except age, betwen the CX V2 the wilco/feelThere CX. i posted only because you, tom, stated alex was incorrect in his comments because alex doesn't own a 'way forward' machine. alex is 100% correct in stating his POV about the ES CX v1 v. the wilco/feelThere CX from a 2008 perspective! yes 2008.--

This is why I hang in the X forum!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I love it and am flying the wings off of it.

I love it and am flying the wings off of it.
It doesn't appear to us that you "dug up" anything.It does appear to us that you prefer Eaglesoft current CX over Wilco/FT current CX product despite the obvious attempts at obfuscation of that fact.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

That'll be enough Ron.
Enough what?

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png