Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

onurksn

New LINZ Scenery

Hello fellow simmers,I downloaded and tried out the new LINZ scenery which comes with a landclass file and apparentely AES support. It is absolutely great, a wonderful freeware piece, easy manual installation. Thank you Klaus Puerstinger for this product.One little problem though. When handed off to approach from Prague Center the ATC window freezed, no radio chatter whatsoever, total silence. I tried to tune manually to 118.8 (Linz Tower) but it didn't work until I vacated the runway. Everything went to normal from there. (A hairy lost comms landing!!:-wedge)The approach frequency that comes with the scenery is 129.620, as far as I'm aware FS uses frequencies ending with 125's and 175's. Would changing the approach freq. to 129.625 via AF2 solve the issue?I know I should try this myself but I won't be able to do so until later tonight.:-rollThanks in advance

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the great hint. Downloading as I type. The screenshots that I have seen look very promising!! :-eekCheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

This new scenery is beautiful and very well done. A little bit of a frame rate hog on my PC, but yours may be better.

>This new scenery is beautiful and very well done. A little>bit of a frame rate hog on my PC, but yours may be better.Yeah, not really, my system isn't top of the line either, I'm getting around 14-15 FPS with the occasionnal stutter taxing on the ramp. It doesn't bother me too much in 2D panel mode in my PMDG 737, as long as my T.O roll and landing is fluid I'm happy.

I just installed this scenery and it is pretty good. Does anyone know why there are 2 AFCADs in the scenery folder? Which one should we use? One is named AF2_LOWL-AES-Klaus 2008 09 29.bgl and the other is named AF2_LOWL-AES-Klaus.bgl.

>I just installed this scenery and it is pretty good. Does>anyone know why there are 2 AFCADs in the scenery folder?>Which one should we use? One is named AF2_LOWL-AES-Klaus 2008>09 29.bgl and the other is named AF2_LOWL-AES-Klaus.bgl.I hadn't seen that. I think the one with the date 09 29 (assuming it is a date) is the one to be used since it doesn't have faults in it. There is nothing mentioned in the documentation either. I don't know, maybe it would be good to ask the author via e-mail.

I think the 2 AF2 files included was probably an oversight. I did a little tweaking if some one wants to try another AFCAD instead of one or the other of those two.Edit: I put a little readme in the zip, but forgot to add that I also changed the approach comm freq to 129.625.scott s..