Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

The TileProxy project goes public in May.

Many thanks, Christian!This seems to me like a preview what FS11 could possibly look like.mode on>Improved satellite imagery with better color and haze correction available. FS11 installs with worldwide LOD10 DEM and normal synthetic scenery and has an option to install online access to satellite scenery (submission price of 10 to 50$ per year depending on the overall download volume) with additional downloading autogen annotation files that are precisely adjusted to match the imagery (yes - this would be the value added to justify the extra costs). Water will show as water where the (exactly digitized) water polys of FS11 are available. Traffic is visible on highways, roads, rivers and lakes that exactly match... (you know the rest).Ah yes, and the ACES team hires 100+ people to do the handwork. ;-)Mode off>And I'm astonished how well it runs on my antique Athlon 1800+ with 1 GB RAM and a 128 MB Radeon 9600. OK, I sometimes had to circle with the ultralight, but it can only get better. :-)It seems however important to adjust the settings for max_lod (I have it at 12 due to insufficient graphics memory), min_level (9 is low enough) and max_level (at 16 if you have max_lod at 12) to the possibilities of your machine and internet connection.The attachment shows the surroundings of Meissen, Germany.Regards

Guest cbuchner1

Looks like it did not load any texture, likely because the INI file was not configured properly.Also watch the shell console for error messages (you have to leave the FSX full screen mode to see the console)If your Internet provider mandates the use of a HTTP proxy server, check the manual. It describes how to configure this.

Here is the shell console, looks like it is not able to load tiles or something?Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

That's exactly why I don't do it! :-lolWhen you have preheated/preflighted/scraped ice in sub zero weather (not to mention one trip where the heater circuit breaker tripped and it was 28 degrees in the cockpit) for 18 years you really don't want to relive it in a sim-ever!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

This process appears to be stuck in a loop where it is searching for textures for the 0202 (USA S/SW) scenery files. The cache folder is slowly filling up with textures. I think that my connection is taking too long to d/l the tiles (although they are only 20kb each).Here is my ProxyUser.ini file, ....these are square bracketslod_distance=1000fast_mode=Nosource=Vxxxual Earth#source=Service Example 2#source=Gxxxle Earth ....these are square bracketscache_folder=cache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="server=http://a*.ortho.tiles.vxxxualearth.net|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=52|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=9max_level=17color_hack=Yescolor_level=13bulk_extend=50# ....these are square bracketscache_folder=cache.service2network_module=libnettilemodule_config="server=http://kh*.gxxxle.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25EDIT: the square brackets did not show up earlier.Thanks for the support.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest BOPrey

I was afraid something like this would happen.

>>I am tentatively scheduling the release of the TileProxy>project for May 1st, which means the first general release of>this program is almost exactly 6 months after I first posted>here about the idea. If you do not know what this is about,>please review the threads that I started in the Scenery Design>forum (among the threads with the most views). This might be a>significant release for the FSX community - at least for those>who enjoy VFR flying over realistic satellite terrain.>>I will "officially" introduce the project at the Flight>Simulator Show in Forli, Italy on May 5th and 6th - as>officially as one can introduce a freeware open source project>(licensed under GPL). I intend to host the project and>downloads on sourceforge. The program features an automated>installer, an English manual and as an added bonus it comes>with GPL'ed source code. It will not be pre-configured to>access any particular online service for satellite map data.>This final step will be left to the user. >>In its current state, the project is in beta state and it has>a few rough edges. In particular it does not yet have a proper>graphical user interface. But I think it is important to get>the message out there: The future of VFR flying is about to>start - and it requires a decent broadband connection and>Microsoft Flight Simulator X.>>Christian>Gotta a URL for download?

I have been unable to get it to work yet but hopefully...In any case-a question (and I don't know diddly about scenery so if this is naive I apologize).Does anyone remember Terrascene for Fly? You could specify a specific geographic area and build highly detailed scenery for the area you wanted-as much or as little.Rather than streaming-would it be possible to convert/use your program to do something like this? For instance-I am in the Detroit area-google has Se Michigan very nicely done. I'd love to pull that off-convert it into permanent scenery to use-since I sim 90% of my time here. I know there is a payware company that appears to be doing something like this-though it seems to be only for areas they have selected...http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Shez,Your ini file is completely wrong. Read the manual.The program works brilliantly, I think I got the ortho tiles to work but possibly there is no coverage over Hong Kong.George

Guest cbuchner1

I question the legality of pre-downloading an extended area in consistently high resolution.Aerosoft tried to pull something like this off recentlyhttp://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=11249My approach is different in that regard that it only downloads what you see and at a resolution that is currently needed.

Christian:virus SCANNERS!tileproxy.sys: FileInternalInformation?If you get this error, disable all realtime virus scanning. The instant I turned off my NOD32 virus scanning, this error stopped occurring and the loading process continued. (Specifically, I disabled the AMON module in NOD32, for those with it)Geofa:In your .ini file, adjust this line...module_config="server=http://kh*.froogal.com....(I added in the * after KH - not sure if it's needed)Everyone:Mmmm - THIS is flying!It is a touch slow to update when flying a C172 (I use a cable modem), but this is a BRILLIANT case study of what can, and SHOULD be developed as time goes on. Christian - thanks VERY much for this - great stuff!

Geaorge,The square brackets did not show up so have edited the above message. I just used the entries from the original d/l and cross checked with the entries being provided in this thread. I think my ini is the same. Let me know what you see is wrong.ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

I would think it would be less of a legal issue for a user to download one time and use privately than flooding their server but I am no lawyer.The aerosoft product was what I was speaking of-but from what I can tell-they decide the areas that are available-not the end user.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest cbuchner1

Erm the URLs the program accesses in your shell console look fine to me. They load up in my browser. Unfortunately that screen shot does not indicate any diagnostics (error codes etc).It may be that you need to use a proxy server for internet access from where you are. This line can be inserted into the load.bat script right before proxyuser.exe gets called.set http_proxy=http://proxyname:proxyportreplace proxyname and proxyport with whatever your ISP requires here.Christian