Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Rex Released!

Well now it tells me Activations Limit Exceeded? I haven't even freakin' validated or installed!!!! NOT ONCE? You gotta be kidding me, this is turning into a horrible joke now. So now I've got to contact FlightSim Store and probably wait a week or more till I get a reply, if I get one. Angry doesn't explain the malcontent I'm feeling now.
No-that one is workable too. I think if you do not delete the two files listed in the directory above you will get that.Also-when restarting -click to keep your files.I agree it should not be that difficult-felt like I had done my taxes at the end of the download. :(

Guest -BeNt-

Geofa, deleting those files have made no difference what so ever on my computer for the installer telling me I've exceeded my activation limit. I have shot FSS a contact to reset it. I guess this one won't be going on the ole' puter anytime soon. In the meantime I'm starting to write my review. So far the download hasn't been that bad could have been better, and the install of the product has been horrible.

Guest bjablonka

I am getting really frustrated. It took over 25 hours to download the program and now I can't go through the validation process because of a timed out message. I must have tried over 20 times to validate. Do you guys know if there is any way to get my money back, I paid via Paypal.Thanks in advance.Bernd

Guest lgvpilot1

Well i thought this was going to be the addon to finally make me upgrade to FSX and god knows im running out of reasons not to.I know REX is coming out for fs9 as well but it will be a compromise ,as are most of the best addons just recently ,take the PMDG md11 for example but Ive just had a look on the HI FI sim software forum and it looks like they too have something in the pipeline Looks like another couple of weeks of watching the boards and admiring screenshots for me Ah well !!Mark

I have to vent here too. I've tried to be patient. But after finally downloading, now I can't get the wrapper to validate (connection timeouts). I tried the manual validation and it told me I have exceeded my number of validations!!!! :( Honestly, I can see a few issues with a release but this is a whole new level. My only advice for anyone thinking about purchasing REX, don't do it. Wait and save yourself some frustration. Chances are you won't be able to use it for a while anyway.Don

Geofa, deleting those files have made no difference what so ever on my computer for the installer telling me I've exceeded my activation limit. I have shot FSS a contact to reset it. I guess this one won't be going on the ole' puter anytime soon. In the meantime I'm starting to write my review. So far the download hasn't been that bad could have been better, and the install of the product has been horrible.
Give it a try here:http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php?topic=547.0

Guest bjablonka

Geofa, tried disabling the firewall as well as using manual validation and am getting an error 40. Over the years, I have downloaded many programs but I have never experienced anything like that. Do they have a return policy like Flight 1 has?BestBernd

jwhorfin:The wait is only if you change your water settings, and have them checked to be installed. If you are happy with the set loaded in FSX, simply open the OPTIONS manager in REX and deselect the water textures.Your loading time will drop to only a minute at most. Loading time varies in terms of which textures you have set to transfer to FSX via the OPTIONS area.Thanks ;)
Thanks for your reply. It took a few minutes to figure out the fly now button in the toolbar vs the I just want to fly button. :( Congratulations on such fine work, the last few hours have been the best I've spent to date! This really completes a great add on collection perfectly. REX, UTX, GEX....WOW :(

Geofa, tried disabling the firewall as well as using manual validation and am getting an error 40. Over the years, I have downloaded many programs but I have never experienced anything like that. Do they have a return policy like Flight 1 has?BestBernd
I don't work for them so I have no idea. All I know is I worked pretty hard to get it over the last day also. Now I am exploring and findings some awfully good stuff along with some bugs which I am sure they will work out.Reminds me of when I was a kid growing up in San Diego. There was a telephone supermarket (talking 60's) that was space age for the time-call them up and order your groceries and they were delivered. It was so popular they could not keep up with the demand and went out of business.The demand for this has obviously been pretty high too.

I'm getting a bunch of fatal errors from FSX after having installed a new theme from REX. Happens almost every time I install a new theme - I'll start my flight . . . progress bar reaches 100% and the FSX crashes with fatal error. Very frustrating.

Guest bjablonka
I don't work for them so I have no idea. All I know is I worked pretty hard to get it over the last day also. Now I am exploring and findings some awfully good stuff along with some bugs which I am sure they will work out.Reminds me of when I was a kid growing up in San Diego. There was a telephone supermarket (talking 60's) that was space age for the time-call them up and order your groceries and they were delivered. It was so popular they could not keep up with the demand and went out of business.The demand for this has obviously been pretty high too.
I agree with you reg. the demand issue. Too much business can be tough too, but you need to plan for that. The entire purchase process does not only include a product but, IMHO, more importantly customer service which includes bringing the product to the customer in a least painful way. Oh well....lesson learned, again:) Bernd

Regarding the wind direction changes - after loading the 'stormy weather' theme i downloaded real world weather for my Twin Comanche flight from Hobart to Launceston (for everybody who like to try it, it was 20081201 15z if i remember correct). I played with the altitude between 6.000 and 7.000 ft to get a nice tailwind and the wind turned very smooth. You can almost 'feel' it how the autopilot is compensating the changing wind direction... The visibility transitions were nice and smooth as well. That was indeed a very realistic flight into rainy Launceston which i really enjoyed. I have to fly that one again, as far as i remember i had some turbulence exactly at the cloud base altitude. That's cool...

Guest danny68
Well i thought this was going to be the addon to finally make me upgrade to FSX and god knows im running out of reasons not to.I know REX is coming out for fs9 as well but it will be a compromise ,as are most of the best addons just recently ,take the PMDG md11 for example but Ive just had a look on the HI FI sim software forum and it looks like they too have something in the pipeline Looks like another couple of weeks of watching the boards and admiring screenshots for me Ah well !!Mark
It's probably worth upgrading to FSX anyway. Yes, I agree HI FI sim will do some new things. I know they are developing a new weather engine which will no doubt be the state of the art. The great thing about FSX now is the choice and there are plenty of new things coming out all the time. Of couse you'll have to work hard with FSX to play catch up now as there will be a lot of add ons to install before it feels like FS9 in terms of scale and depth of detail from aircraft etc.