Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Roch

Rex Released!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is great! I'm sure looking to buy it very soon! Thanks for the news! :( Regards!

[servers must be getting hammered as I'm currently looking at an 8 hour download :( Consider yourself lucky-mine says 10536:18:00-35430:43:00 Left at 30 bytes/sec... :(

Hmmm, I posted the exact same thing, I wonder where it went?? I really dislike these new forums.Anyway, I'm downloading REX now, but it's really S-L-O-W, only gettng about 70 kbps, it's saying 12 hours. Must have got a bum server.Maybe I'll be able to try it out tomorrow night.Jim

Hmmm, I posted the exact same thing, I wonder where it went?? I really dislike these new forums.Anyway, I'm downloading REX now, but it's really S-L-O-W, only gettng about 70 kbps, it's saying 12 hours. Must have got a bum server.Maybe I'll be able to try it out tomorrow night.Jim
I see your post about 5 down-does it not appear on your screen? {edit} 5 down on the "new posts " screen. But I do not see it in here. {Further edit-I see it is in the "trash can forum"-perhaps one of the mods placed it there as there was already a post on the same subject matter.}

Hmmm, I posted the exact same thing, I wonder where it went?? I really dislike these new forums.
It was probably deleted.

Downloading at 894.2 K/sec1 hour left. :( Great-maybe when you are done I'll have a chance! :(

Downloading at 894.2 K/sec1 hour left. :(
Looks like you'll be the first to post screenshots :(

Looks like you'll be the first to post screenshots :(
Not really...I've just been disconnected from the server! :(

David:You should be able to resume.. you haven't lost what you've d/l already.Yeah we have been hit harder than anyone could have imagined. Hang in there. Tim

I guess a Sunday night is as good as any to release... too bad I need to goto bed now, work in the AM. I guess it can wait till next weekend :( Looking forward to screens and impressions.

Me to I got to the end of the 1st file at 2.4Mbs (20Mbs Internet line) and server died! Haven't been able to get on since! that was 20 minutes ago!! Me thinks they underestimated the bandwidth necessary for the demand of a release like this! PMDG and AVSIM has first hand experience of what can happen with this kind of demand!

David:You should be able to resume.. you haven't lost what you've d/l already.Yeah we have been hit harder than anyone could have imagined. Hang in there. Tim
Well, Tim, it seems impossible to resume.But I share with you the fantastic success of this release.Congrats again :--)

Well, Tim, it seems impossible to resume.But I share with you the fantastic success of this release.Congrats again :--)
Well I was able to resume, at 0.2Kbs!! It's going to be a long night!!!! :(

When my download switched to File 2 it speeded up considerably. But I just noticed that it says "This server does not support resuming." So if I get disco'd, I won't be a happy camper.I thought one of the claims to fame was the resumable downloads.Jim

Well I was able to resume, at 0.2Kbs!! It's going to be a long night!!!! :(
This is getting funny! I think I broke the record, for the slowest download speed ever. 2Bs that's right 2 bytes per second., and I have 385000+ hours to go!!! Ops, I'm now up to 27Bs! Only 57000+hrs left now!! I think I'll call it a night and try again tomorrow, hopefully, The REX team will get things sorted out by then.

FWIW, 1st and only connection pulling @ 771KB/sec with zero drops. Only an hour or so left to go.

FWIW, 1st and only connection pulling @ 771KB/sec with zero drops. Only an hour or so left to go.
You don't have to rub it in!! :(

I have reported these issues to Adrian and he is looking into them now gents! Sorry for any inconvenience :(I am on live MSN with the team throughout this release, and we are trying to fix things in real-time as they crop up. None of us have had too much sleep in the past 48 hours, so please forgive us.

I have reported these issues to Adrian and he is looking into them now gents! Sorry for any inconvenience :(
I have been going for two hours now and have .33 mb 0% out of 4138.84mb.Doesn't the download come from Australia?-perhaps we in the Northern Hemisphere have to turn our computers upside down so the bytes can fall in properly? :( I am sure it will be well worth the wait-looking forward to waking up tomorrow with a little more.

I have reported these issues to Adrian and he is looking into them now gents! Sorry for any inconvenience :(I am on live MSN with the team throughout this release, and we are trying to fix things in real-time as they crop up. None of us have had too much sleep in the past 48 hours, so please forgive us.
I got mine started again at 2.45Mbs with 27Minutes remaining! Knock on Wood!!!!

I got mine started again at 2.45Mbs with 27Minutes remaining! Knock on Wood!!!!
Ok it went through the first file (@ 15%) but now it appears to be stuck. No server disconnect message, just it will not resume!!